: Cadillac Certified pre-owned

Leo001
06-04-09, 05:49 AM
I am in the process of purchasing an 07 SRX and wondering if paying an extra $1500.00 for the Cadillac certification is worth it. Anyone have any experiance with repairs under the certified poryion of the warranty, or just any input??

Thanks

ddymond
06-12-09, 05:00 PM
Why are you paying $1500 to have it certified? I have an 05 that when purchased earlier this year was already certified by the Caddy dealer.
The only thing I can think of does the car have over 50k miles?
If not then the Caddy dealer should certify the vehicle if it meets the
requirements.
As far as the car being certified I wouldnt have bought unless it was. Its a piece of mind thing being as the wife drives the kids around in it. I know if
something happens all she has to do is call the dealer and they come and get
her and the car. Also the rental of a Caddy during repairs is a real nice touch too.
I would do some more homework on why an 07 wouldnt be certified

Superjim
06-12-09, 09:59 PM
Sometimes the cars are ALREADY certified and the cost is just automatically included as part of the price and is not listed separately.

But there are some dealers that do not automatically certify all eligible cars...On some of the newer cars that are still in factory warranty...they give you the option of having it certified or not.

You may be able to talk them down some on that $1,500.

Texas Jim

carguy2009
06-13-09, 02:13 AM
I am in the process of purchasing an 07 SRX and wondering if paying an extra $1500.00 for the Cadillac certification is worth it. Anyone have any experiance with repairs under the certified poryion of the warranty, or just any input??

Thanks
A Cadillac certified car is inspected throughout, usually has new tires and a bumper to bumper warranty for 6 years and 100,000 miles from the in-service date. well worth the money.

USAFRET
06-13-09, 04:47 AM
My 09 was a CPO and well worth the cost. There are two ways to cover the cost:

1. Selling price + the cost of the CPO
2. Selling price with the CPO cost included

Seems to me if you crunch the numbers and they add up either way it's a great deal/program.

My 09 worked out to 66 months and 82,000 miles of Bumper to Bumper coverage. Considerably more protection than the number of monthly payments I'm making. In addition it's transferable should you choose to sell it down the road. My 09 had an MSRP of $49+ and I paid $33K the CPO was icing on the cake.

Good luck

jwoodie
06-13-09, 08:02 PM
I think the dealer cost for the CPO warranty is about $1000.

Leo001
06-14-09, 08:18 AM
Thanks for all the input, I endedup buying an 07 with 23K on it, the dealer basically said he could sell me the car for about $1500 less if I did'nt want the "certified" warranty included. I opted to pay the extra, it seems like a very good deal. We really like the car so far, seems that these cars have been "under the radar" for a while.

jdavis
06-14-09, 09:41 AM
I think the dealer cost for the CPO warranty is about $1000.

Your are right.
It sounds as if Leo's dealer is tacking on an extra $500 in dealer profit.
The CPO 6 year/100K mile bumper to bumper is an unbeatable deal and even trumps the new car warranty.

cadillacroadside
06-15-09, 10:19 AM
the gm certification program changed as of april 26 of 2009, it is no longer full bumper to bumper, and the price changed as well, there is now a list of items NOT covered by certification, alot of interior trim, batery, water leaks...it is more of a gmpp policy now. your dealer should have provided you with a list.on another note, no it does not have to be certified, that is up to the dealer/customer. the dealer will not automatically certify a vehicle

USAFRET
06-15-09, 11:05 AM
the gm certification program changed as of april 26 of 2009, it is no longer full bumper to bumper, and the price changed as well, there is now a list of items NOT covered by certification, alot of interior trim, batery, water leaks...it is more of a gmpp policy now. your dealer should have provided you with a list.on another note, no it does not have to be certified, that is up to the dealer/customer. the dealer will not automatically certify a vehicle

That's interesting, am glad I purchased my CPO 09 in early April under the OLD CPO program.

Tom

P05SRX
07-01-09, 10:39 PM
Well worth it. I have an 05 SRX that I got CPO in December 2 years ago. The CPO is so worth it. I had a number of issues, and the biggest was the oil consumption issue that I had and it was ALL covered under warranty.