: The "Good Letter" from GM to Dealers

Cadillac Tony
06-03-09, 04:52 PM
We all know about "the letter" that many GM Dealers received, which let them know that GM does not plan to renew their Dealer agreement in 2010. Those of us that didn't get the letter all assumed that we were okay, but there was still a little nervousness in the air. Despite being #62 in the USA for new Cadillac sales this first quarter, I was hoping for some reassurance from the big house that we were safe.

Well, our owner received what I can only describe as the "Good Letter" from GM yesterday. The shortened version reads like this:

On behalf of the entire GM team, as GM embarks on its exciting new future, I am extremely pleased that Plaza Cadillac has been identified by GM as one of its key Dealers for the Cadillac brand.

Part of GM's restructuring effort includes plans for a dealer network consisting of fewer, stronger and more properly located dealers which we hope will allow for a higher through-put and enhanced business potential. Your selection as a dealer for the Cadillac brand shows the confidence we have in your dealership being part of the new GM.

In closing, please be aware that GM has great respect for, and appreciation of, your past efforts as a GM Dealer. We are enthusiastic about the prospects of our mutual success under this new structure.

Sincerely,

GENERAL MOTORS CORPORATION

So it looks like GM likes the way we do business and take care of our customers- sweet!

Thanks to all the forum members past and future for your business, and I look forward to meeting more of you in person and helping you with your Cadillac needs.

:)

RightTurn
06-03-09, 05:06 PM
:highfive: Good news, Tony.

Jesda
06-03-09, 05:13 PM
You deserve it. Good work!

thebigjimsho
06-03-09, 05:44 PM
Huzzah!

Talamant3z
06-03-09, 06:18 PM
congratz! i hope we dont loose any cadillac dealers in houston

CIWS
06-04-09, 08:39 AM
Good to see Tony, glad you guys got a little reassurance. :thumbsup:

dqw1
06-04-09, 10:25 AM
Good for you guys! Is there any insight you can share on the standards the "good" dealerships will have to meet now? It sounds like GM wants to raise the bar for customers when they visit the show room or service department and that's a good thing.

Florian
06-04-09, 11:22 AM
BOO-YAH! Good job, Tony. If the rest of your staff is as professional and courteous as you, it is no wonder you got re-upped.

Best,
F

V-Eight
06-04-09, 11:34 AM
Good job!

cvettr/cts-v
06-04-09, 01:53 PM
congrats. nice to know your safe.

CadillacGurl
06-04-09, 03:45 PM
Awesome Tony!!! That's great news to hear!! :D

Submariner409
06-04-09, 04:27 PM
....at least you won't have any more trouble passing strawberry seeds :rolleyes:.

gdwriter
06-04-09, 08:23 PM
BOO-YAH! Good job, Tony. If the rest of your staff is as professional and courteous as you, it is no wonder you got re-upped.:yeah:

Besides Tony, I've also found Mark Carter in the Parts department at Plaza to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful. If you need a part and can wait for it to be shipped from Florida, give him a call. Or call/e-mail Tony and he'll pass along the message.

Submariner409
06-05-09, 09:00 AM
Did anyone ever come up with the "official" list of dealership/shop closings ??

Tony, Suppose "Smalltown Mom&Pop Cadillac/GMC" wanted to stay open as an independent repair shop. Could they still buy GM parts as well as other brands and stay in their building ??

Rhetorical question......

RightTurn
06-05-09, 06:55 PM
I read someplace that GM is not publishing the list, at least until the bankruptcy proceedings are a done deal.

Submariner409
06-05-09, 07:31 PM
Just like the damn government - nobody tells anybody squat until it's all a done deal. Typical.