: GM Nav Disk : 25974486 .. does it exist?

Professor Wizard
06-03-09, 04:37 PM
I am feeling the need to vent a little.

I have an 09' SRX... Missing the Nav DVD. Dealership ordered one for me - so, if I want to continue to wait - forever - I can get one for free: However, I am going on Vacation in Florida in two weeks, and having my Nav working with an 09' DVD would be nice. (Thank god I still have my Garmin!). (Yes, the dealership gave me an old 07 CD out of a wrecked SRX to get by with until mine comes in - if that ever happens.)

Calling the GM NAV center, they tell me it has been on back order since October of last year from the manufacturer! But - they do see the dealerships order for my DVD.

WOW... October to now... that is a long time for back ordering a product.

YET :: I see them on EBAY for 99bucks
http://cgi.ebay.com/GM-Navigation-System-Map-DVD-Disc-25974486-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ220426974653QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGPS_Ma ps_Software?hash=item335278b5bd&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1171|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A13 18|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

So, what is the deal - are the Ebay disks REAL - Is GM just messing with us! Where is the EBay guy getting these, when GM can't get them! OR: is the EBAY guy just copying them, and if so, why hasn't anyone shut him down! Or do we allow him to copy them because they are a needed item. Are the Ebay disks really 09 versions, or did the guy just relabel old ones.

At $200 a pop, you would think that there would be a ready supply of them...

This is a good example of why GM is struggling.

Anyway - if you are wanting an 09 Nav DVD, dont' hold your breath!

jdavis
06-03-09, 04:59 PM
I purchased one from the Ebay guy and it was new in the sealed DVD case. It appears in all respects to be genuine. I installed it in my '08 and it is better than the disc that came in my SRX. I haven't had the opportunity to really "navigate" with it yet but at least it located my street address which the '08 disc did not.

lionsfan54
06-03-09, 05:38 PM
I ordered my free 09 disk for my 07 car and asked about the back order situation. I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but she claimed there was quality problems and they pulled them and they're doing in audit basically.

So, could explain how that eBay seller got so many for cheap. Perhaps these are the "bad" discs that were going to be shredded?

Superjim
06-03-09, 07:59 PM
I am feeling the need to vent a little.

I have an 09' SRX... Missing the Nav DVD. Dealership ordered one for me - so, if I want to continue to wait - forever - I can get one for free:

Calling the GM NAV center, they tell me it has been on back order since October of last year from the manufacturer! But - they do see the dealerships order for my DVD.

WOW... October to now... that is a long time for back ordering a product.

Anyway - if you are wanting an 09 Nav DVD, dont' hold your breath!

I just went to the web site and put my VIN in the search blank.
It shows that the current disk that I ordered back in NOVEMBER and that they sent me in APRIL is Part number:..25974486
It took almost SIX MONTHS for me to get it.

But that is not quite right...what they REALLY sent me was Part number:..20857425U...not Part number:..25974486, which was what I had ordered.

Part number:.25974486 is Version 4...
Part number:.20857425U is Version 4.1C.

I just went to the garage and took my NAV disk out and am now holding it in my hand.
The part number is:.20857425U
It is Version 4.1C

And it is really nice..there are several enhancements that make it much nicer than the 2008 version.

Texas Jim

jdavis
06-04-09, 07:29 AM
Posted by Lionsfan54
"I ordered my free 09 disk for my 07 car and asked about the back order situation. I'm taking this with a grain of salt, but she claimed there was quality problems and they pulled them and they're doing in audit basically.

So, could explain how that eBay seller got so many for cheap. Perhaps these are the "bad" discs that were going to be shredded?"

I think that you may be correct. I hope that there isn't too much wrong with them. Guess that I will find out......

n7don_srx
06-04-09, 09:04 AM
I looked at the top 50 list of GM creditors, Denso is like $21 million if I recall. I'm guessing they are dragging their feet on incurring more debt obligations until the bankruptcy situation gets sorted out. The gmnavdisc outfit appears to be just a marketing firm (can't recall the name) that handles the distribution of the disc.
I didn't get a notification on the anniversary date for the free 09 updated disc for our 07. IF there's an 2010 update before the end of this year, maybe I can get it as the free update rather than the 09 disc.
It's strange how they show up on ebay. A few months ago there was a guy on craig's list that openly said he'd make copies of the disc for $50.

Professor Wizard
06-04-09, 09:11 AM
21 Mil... Hmmmm... If GM already owed me 21mil, and went into bankruptcy, I would be reluctant to ship them any more product!

I"m surprised Denso doesn't just go on EBay and sell them direct.

USAFRET
06-04-09, 01:25 PM
I'd be careful buying from eBay unless you can verify exactly what your buying and the seller's rating. But then again you could get lucky. Then if/when the dealer comes through with the DVD they owe you, you could always sell the eBay DVD.

Professor Wizard
06-05-09, 03:05 PM
Well... after talking to several people at Cadillac Customer Service, GMNAV Service Center, and Denso... Nobody knows when or if they will start shipping the Ver4.1 disks again - but they definitely left me with the feeling it is going to be a while!.

Since I am leaving on the 19th for my Vacation Road Trip, and having the correct DVD would really be handy (although I will still have my Garmin for a backup!).

I have decided to go ahead and order the 4.0 from the EBay guy.

I will let you know how that works out.

~Rich

Professor Wizard
06-05-09, 04:20 PM
The Nav DVD Saga continues...

Well, I just got off of the Phone with a fairly nice lady who told me she was the District Cadillac Customer Service Rep for my area - - We spoke for a bit about the unavailability of the Nav Disks.... The End Result is.... NO DISKS - at least not from GM. Out side of confirmation that GM can not get the disk, I didn't get anything at all for my trouble or inconvenience... not even a Cadillac Hat!

BMW Corp. mailed me a BMW hat, a bottle of Wax and some BMW Microfiber Towels because the dealership failed to wash my car after an overnight service appointment!

Cadillac Customer Service could take some lessons from BMW.

I just hope they don't get as bad as Charter Cable!

Leo001
06-06-09, 09:05 AM
I just purchased an 07 SRX with Nav, the dealer supplied me with the 07 disk, how do I go about getting the most current (09 version) disc?

Thanks

USAFRET
06-08-09, 11:34 AM
I just hope they don't get as bad as Charter Cable!

Dam that's BAD.

Professor Wizard
06-12-09, 11:24 AM
Well...

My DVD arrived from the Ebay Guy today. I appears to be a factory sealed OEM DVD.

Labeled Part Number 25974486 Version 4.0C

However - When I put it into my Nav Unit it didn't update anything - which is possible considering the dealership lost the original, so the car could have had a 4.0C to start with, so there was nothing to "update". However, several of you spoke of a Digital Clock - which I disparately want! I absolutely HATE the useless analog clock mounted central on the dash. In the day I can't read it because of the light reflection, and at night it is just hard for me to see.

I really was hoping that the Digital Clock Function was part of the 4.0C software, but I am thinking that only works with the 4.1c that some of you have gotten! I actually hung a cheap Digital Watch on my Mirror so I could get the time at a glance.. geezzzz GM! (My Audi display not only the time.. but the date as well, in the Speedo' Modual!)

SO :: Is there anyone in the West St Louis area who has the 4.1 Version who would meet me for lunch and let me "borrow" your DVD so it can update my Nav. I'll buy lunch! :)

USAFRET
06-12-09, 02:24 PM
Well...

My DVD arrived from the Ebay Guy today. I appears to be a factory sealed OEM DVD.

Labeled Part Number 25974486 Version 4.0C

However - When I put it into my Nav Unit it didn't update anything - which is possible considering the dealership lost the original, so the car could have had a 4.0C to start with, so there was nothing to "update". However, several of you spoke of a Digital Clock - which I disparately want! I absolutely HATE the useless analog clock mounted central on the dash. In the day I can't read it because of the light reflection, and at night it is just hard for me to see.

I really was hoping that the Digital Clock Function was part of the 4.0C software, but I am thinking that only works with the 4.1c that some of you have gotten! I actually hung a cheap Digital Watch on my Mirror so I could get the time at a glance.. geezzzz GM! (My Audi display not only the time.. but the date as well, in the Speedo' Modual!)

SO :: Is there anyone in the West St Louis area who has the 4.1 Version who would meet me for lunch and let me "borrow" your DVD so it can update my Nav. I'll buy lunch! :)

My 09 came with Part Number 25974486 I don't see the version listed on the plastic case, guess I'll look at the disc itself. But I'd love to see the analog clock as well.

Tom

PS: I just looked at my DVD and it's ver 4.0

jmmdk5
06-12-09, 04:40 PM
I just swapped out the original non nav unit for a OEM (Denso) nav unit and the dvd that came with it is part #25976806...can somebody tell me if this is an older version than the two previoulsy mentioned 4.0 and 4.1C dvd?

Should I look to buy the next version #25974486 4.0? Then do I upgrade to 4.1C #2087425U right after that...being new to all this-is that how this is supposed to work-in chronological, er version order, so to speak???

Thanks!

Superjim
06-12-09, 09:54 PM
I just swapped out the original non nav unit for a OEM (Denso) nav unit and the dvd that came with it is part #25976806...can somebody tell me if this is an older version than the two previoulsy mentioned 4.0 and 4.1C dvd?

Should I look to buy the next version #25974486 4.0? Then do I upgrade to 4.1C #2087425U right after that...being new to all this-is that how this is supposed to work-in chronological, er version order, so to speak???

Thanks!

I could be mistaken..someone will correct me if I am...
But I think you can go straight to the 4.01C version...#2087425U
I went from the 2008 version to the 4.01C.
I updated my sons 2007 GMC pickup that had the 2007 disc with my 2009 disc (Ver 4.01C) and it worked great.

Both my Car and his truck now have the clock in the NAV unit. :cloud9:

Texas Jim

Professor Wizard
06-16-09, 11:53 AM
Superjim.... Would you be so kind as to post a photo of what that clock looks like? and any other features/screens that changed from 4.0 to 4.1 ??

THANKS in advance!

jmmdk5
06-16-09, 01:37 PM
Thanks for your help-I ordered the 4.1C version!

Professor Wizard
06-16-09, 04:48 PM
I just wrapped up my weekly call to GMNAV. Lady told me the usual "I see your order.". but this time she told me outright that I will be receiving 20857425 instead of 25974486. She also told me that if there is another upgrade before my disk is shipped, I will receive the newer one. That being said - and now that I have the EBay Guy Disk to run with semi-accurate maps, they can take as long as they like! :)

Superjim
06-17-09, 10:20 PM
Superjim.... Would you be so kind as to post a photo of what that clock looks like? and any other features/screens that changed from 4.0 to 4.1 ??

THANKS in advance!

I will try to get some pictures tomorrow.
The freeway intersection picture...where it shows you which lane to be in...is real cool.
I will also take a picture of the clock.
It is in the very upper right hand corner of the screen.

Texas Jim

Professor Wizard
06-18-09, 12:02 PM
Thanks Jim,

Now, I have 4.0, and it does a graphic of the approaching interchange in a box on the right already. how is 4.1 different from the 4.0 ramp emulation?

Superjim
06-18-09, 01:22 PM
Thanks Jim,

Now, I have 4.0, and it does a graphic of the approaching interchange in a box on the right already. how is 4.1 different from the 4.0 ramp emulation?

That question, I don't know the answer to. :hmm:
I upgraded from 3.0 to 4.01C.

There is a good possibility that there is no difference in the graphics from 4.0 to 4.01C.

Did 4.0 give you the clock?

Texas Jim

Professor Wizard
06-18-09, 03:21 PM
NOPE.. No Clock with 4.0... also... to make the Ramp Graphic go away you hit this little upside down T that is on the screen near the graphic. Hit it again to make the graphic re-appear. and, the 4.0 image with the Ramp Graphic is very simple. or crude, but does help you be in the correct lane.

I have read in other threads that with 4.1 you can also change the ETA from "minutes to go" - to the "time of arrival". Can't do this with 4.0. My Garmin reports time of arrival and I love that!

LOL - So... In order to work around My Cadillac short comings I have a Garmin mounted on my dash to give me Blue Tooth for my cell phone, and get me unlost when my SRX Nav gets me lost. and I have a small digital clock stuck in my drivers information pod to see the time at a glance.

I can handle the inferiour Nav units in our Caddies - Car companies historically put crappy nav units in the cars and then charge crazy prices for them. The bluetooth thing really bugs me - -there is absolutely no excuse for GM not to have added that to ALL the Cadillac line after 07, other then being CHEAP, especially considering how many states require hands free operation of your cell. The same with not using Homelink for the garage opener - Hell, even Ford uses real Homelink!

GM stated yesterday they should be out of bankruptcy in 2 months!

Superjim
06-18-09, 09:34 PM
I will have to try the ETA thing...that would be nice .. if true.
I agree that the ramp graphic is a little crude...but it is nice to have the lane feature, when you are in a strange place and don't know where you are going.

My 2006 DOES have HomeLink.
I like it. It works well.
It has three buttons. I have the first one for my garage. The second one if for my brothers garage and the third one is for my sons garage.

Texas Jim

Professor Wizard
06-29-09, 03:35 PM
Hey there everyone!

Well, I just got back from a short vacation in Destin Florida, and of course the road trip to get there!

2030 Miles total.

The Trip Average Gas Mileage for my 09 AWD SRX / V6 was 17.9mpg I ran cruise at 78mph every chance I had. The back was loaded to the MAX, and there was a "First-Up" Tent on the rails on top of the roof. 4 passengers.

Just as a comparative note, I made this same trip with my 2001 Audi Allroad, also fully loaded... It averaged 23mpg. Huge difference - Cadillac Gas Hog reputation is intact!

No Failures except I learned not to try to close the roof on a bumpy road - Safety sensors will trigger causing it to re-open.

Rear AC was a VERY handy feature in Florida!

Now... why am I posting this in my thread about the NAV unit you wonder!

I used the Caddy Nav to get from St. Louis, to Destin - Actual Drive time on the route the Caddy chose, was 12 hours 10 minutes In Florida it actually routed me through some subdivisions!

I used my Garmin Nuvi 660 to return home - actual drive time was 11 hours 3 minutes. (yes, the Garmin cut an hour off of the drive time!) Garmin took a totally different route then the Caddy did.

Also, I ran both units driving around local Destin and Pensacola. On some of the barrier island locations, the Caddy would announce some crap about no data for the road I was on, but my Garmin knew every restaurant, gas station and Park. The Garmin never failed to find a route to a location, but the Caddy could not find my destination several times.

Needless to say - I am quite Un-Impressed so far with my $2000 Nav unit, when I have to use my $200 Nav to help me out, when the expensive one got me lost! :) It was also nice having the Garmin bluetooth for my Cellphone.

Sorry if this sounds like a commercial for Garmin - I am just trying to compare with what I happened to have in my possession at the time.

Good news - while typing this, I received an email from the dealership.. MY new NAV DVD IS IN!

So, I'll load that puppy up tonight, and let you know what comes of that! Figures it would arrive immediately AFTER my road trip!

~Rich

lionsfan54
06-29-09, 06:11 PM
Good news... I went to the NavCenter and checked my order status...

Disc replacement:* 20857425 :thumbsup:
*Shipment will consist of this updated replacement item

So, maybe her story about the "original" upgrade disk having quality issues was true. Since, originally they were going to send me 25974486

Cool

Professor Wizard
06-30-09, 08:56 AM
Well now...

Stopped at the Dealership and picked up my new Nav DVD. It is 4.1c (20857425) as the GMNAV rep told me. The disk I ran to Florida on was 4.0c (25974486).

Switching the disks - did NOTHING!

There is absolutely NO Visual or Functional Difference between 4.0c and 4.1c that I can see or find! So, I am thinking the only thing updated was the POI List, and maybe some Map updates.

No Clock appeared, and touching the "ETA" block did not allow me to change Hr/Min to Time of Arrival. So I am assuming the Nav Unit installed in the 09's is different hardware then prior years, and therefore doesn't support those functions.

Anyway - now I have a 4.0c DVD that I'm not using! ... Anyone want to buy it off of me? :)

Professor Wizard
06-30-09, 09:09 AM
LiionsFan... Congrats...

According to the stickers, my DVD left GM Warehouse on the 19th, arrived at the dealership on Monday the 29th.

If you are currently running on Ver 3.. you WILL like the 4.x! :)

lionsfan54
06-30-09, 03:38 PM
LiionsFan... Congrats...

According to the stickers, my DVD left GM Warehouse on the 19th, arrived at the dealership on Monday the 29th.

If you are currently running on Ver 3.. you WILL like the 4.x! :)

I bought my car used and the lot said, "we'll toss in a DVD for you". At first the guy kept trying different DVDs and none worked... turns out he was putting them in the CD slot! :banghead:

They finally realized their mistake and put it in the DVD slot. I thought it was odd that my 4 yr old house and road were not on there. Well, after your latest post I decided to see what I had...

Version 1.10! Part # 15804409

So, this 4.10 version should blow me away!

Professor Wizard
06-30-09, 05:00 PM
Lionsfan:

Oh yes.. you will be very happy with 4.1, coming from version 1.1!

Dealership wants to buy my 4.0 DVD to keep on hand for other customers. So that is taken care of.

I'm bummed about no clock! :( (I stopped at AutoZone and bought a stick-on $2 Digital clock and stuck it to my dash! Now I have a Digital Clock in my SRX... Nice feature to add to a $52,000 car don't you think?)

lionsfan54
07-04-09, 12:00 PM
Lionsfan:

Oh yes.. you will be very happy with 4.1, coming from version 1.1!

Dealership wants to buy my 4.0 DVD to keep on hand for other customers. So that is taken care of.

I'm bummed about no clock! :( (I stopped at AutoZone and bought a stick-on $2 Digital clock and stuck it to my dash! Now I have a Digital Clock in my SRX... Nice feature to add to a $52,000 car don't you think?)

Got my new DVD yesterday. You're right, it's MUCH nicer. The graphics are way better. I like how now it shows me which lane(s) are the right one to be in and to me the graphics look "smoother" as well.

And, my house is now on it!

I'll keep my v1.0 DVD for now in case someone needs one.

USAFRET
07-04-09, 01:29 PM
I'm confused, I just checked https://www.gmnavdisc.com/vin-search.do by entering the VIN for my 2009 SRX, the only DVD P/N they return is 25974486 which is what I have.

There is NO letter after the P/N listed on their web site or on my DVD.

So what's up with the LETTER after the P/N folks are reporting?

Superjim
07-04-09, 02:57 PM
Part number:.25974486 is Version 4...
Part number:.20857425U is Version 4.1C...is an updated version of version 4.

Texas Jim

iprncess
07-05-09, 04:00 PM
Does anyone know where I can get part number 25979939 for my 06 SRX, cheaper than $199. That is the number that comes up when I put my vin number in on the gmdisc site. Not sure if it's newer than the one I have now. Will have to go check in a minute.

lionsfan54
07-06-09, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know where I can get part number 25979939 for my 06 SRX, cheaper than $199. That is the number that comes up when I put my vin number in on the gmdisc site. Not sure if it's newer than the one I have now. Will have to go check in a minute.

I'd check eBay

Professor Wizard
07-07-09, 12:05 PM
Yes... Ebay is where I got my 4.0 to use until my 4.1 came in.

I'm still bummed about no digital clock - lol - Such is life.

4.1 does have some resturants in the browse listings, that don't show up on 4.0, so I am assuming it is the POI list that they updated.

dave100
10-01-09, 10:34 AM
How long does this #20857425U disc take to load??
The disk I had in the Nav unit was version 1.0 and I discovered the 4.1C disk in my glove compartment so I put it in this morning on the way to work and the display said "caution" "reading DVD, Please Wait". This trip was 30 minutes and the display never changed .... did I not wait long enough??

Professor Wizard
10-01-09, 03:21 PM
Dave,

I'll have to refer you to another user who has n 06' or older unit. Perhaps the 4.1c is not compatible with your 06 head unit. They ARE NOT the same units as in the 07's and newer.

I would go to the gmnav.com site, key in your VIN and see what it tells you is the proper ID Number for the disk you should be using.

let us know what you find out.

Professor Wizard
01-20-10, 05:01 PM
Update:

I decided to see if GM Updated the disks from 09 yet.. The answer is NO!

And... they removed the ability to enter a VIN from the public section - - and moved to behind the dealership log in. They were getting too many inquiries from us individual owners - or so I was told by a GM Tech.

So far my SRX Nav has been a severe disappointment... It hardly ever finds that particular store I am looking for, or it simply doesn't work where I am at the moment. ("Map Data Unavailable") OnStar is a handy thing to have in conjunction to the Nav on an SRX. I have come to rely on my Garmin Nuvi660 instead the Nav in my SRX. I am glad I bought this car "Used" VS paying full price. I would have really been pissed knowing I dished out $2k for such a useless nav unit.

Anyway - - there are no updates yet for the 09' SRX's. I assume that the 10's have a different Nav Unit in them.

Professor Wizard
05-07-10, 05:46 PM
HEY Everyone...

If you are looking for the 2010 5.0c Update for your Nav Unit.. it is out now..

The part number is : 20861673

They are currently going on EBay for $180 with shipping... .. VS $200 Plus Shipping at GM.

However - the reviewers are not giving this one a thumbs up! There is no Firmware Update - meaning no function improvements.. and they state that the road updates are minimal. Roads that are less then 2 or 3 years old probably will not show up.

Recommendation on this one is to skip it if you are on the 4.1c- - not worth the money... wait for the next one!

I personally - decided to update the maps on my Garmin Nuvi this time around - - it works better anyway!