: Adding a DVD Player 2008 STS

D_Lac
06-03-09, 11:06 AM
Has anyone ever done this. Its looks like removing the radio and adding the DVD player, nav unit is not practical at all, you would loose too much functionality. So I was wondering if anyone successfully integrated an aftermarket unit with the existing system. It looks like you could fit one right into the sunglass spot underneath the radio head unit has anyone done anything like this?

CadillacSTS42005
06-03-09, 11:08 AM
you want just a DVD player or a full on screen
and why do you want to do this (im asking in the event i have a better idea for your objective)

D_Lac
06-03-09, 11:23 AM
I want a Navigation/DVD player which has a built in pop up screen, like the Kenwood KVT-514 (link below ). Reason, because I'd like to add a dvd player and navi unit with out loosing functionality or paying 3500.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/Mobile_Video_n_Navigation/Mobile_Video/KVT-514

CadillacSTS42005
06-03-09, 11:25 AM
why not just buy the nav/dvd in drive bypass that a member here sells for 350 bucks which unlocks the nav fully while driving?

D_Lac
06-03-09, 12:14 PM
I'm looking for that but there seems to be a 5000 dollar price difference. Thats an option I'm considering but I just wanted to check on this first.

D_Lac
06-04-09, 10:23 AM
Does the existing factory radio have an auxilury audio input that can be used to look up a aftermarket DVD/Navigation unit, I could relocate the screen to the passenger sunvisor, or something like that. If I could do that I could live with it. Can that be done?

D_Lac
06-04-09, 05:45 PM
One other question I need a firm answer on. Has anyone ever tried swapping out a factory radio unit for a factory dvd/navi unit? I'd like to know because I can get a factory Navi unit for a 2008 STS really cheap. I can't imagine why this wouldn't be plug and play. Does anyone know for sure? I've asked a couple of dealers but "Jesus Christ" those guy are totally lost, I have know idea how they charge 85 dollars an hour to do work and are totally clueless on basic stuff, anyway thanks in advance for your help.

andrewt57
06-20-09, 07:30 PM
did you ever get the unit and install .. i have a 2006 sts and want to do the same thing