: Forced Induction for 3.6L

70eldo
06-03-09, 07:53 AM
How come we missed this?

http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11750

There must be a whole lot possible for the 3.6L V6 CTS and it is all there where the engine comes from: Australia!

concorso
06-06-09, 09:54 AM
There was allready a lot of aftermarket for the 3.6L if you were in Australia. It makes sense that theyd have a fair bit allready for the 3.6L DI.

Lord Cadillac
06-06-09, 12:04 PM
So there may be a performance aftermarket for the CTS even AFTER the V-Series is gone...

concorso
06-08-09, 12:08 PM
So there may be a performance aftermarket for the CTS even AFTER the V-Series is gone...Well, its there now if you are willing to pay for it. There is an intake manifold and headers available for the 3.6L LY7, but I figured it to cost about $2000 to get the headers here and installed. Thats pretty expensive considering youre looking at 10 or 15 hp tops. A group buy to keep shipping down would go along way!

nickc50310
08-31-09, 04:06 PM
I worked extensively with an Australian company to get their 3.6l headers here. This was a couple of years ago and unfortunately, they thought the headers would not work because we have LHD and they have RHD. Basically it boiled down to me risking a couple grand to get them here and then they might not even work once arrived. Not a risk I was going to take. Same story on the CAPA stuff. You take a huge monetary risk to attempt something that might not work.

With the Camaro having the 3.6 I would bet a big aftermarket offering will start to emerge.