: Dear Mr. Chilton

Akiragrey
06-02-09, 10:56 PM
Dear Mr. Chilton,

Please die in a fire and stop writing after market service manuals.

Yours truly,
A former reader.

Florian
06-02-09, 11:35 PM
well thats rude.

F

hueterm
06-03-09, 12:24 AM
How'd I guess?? Post count: 6 .....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-03-09, 01:34 AM
I love his Deville STS.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-03-09, 01:40 AM
The Chilton's manual I had for my Isuzu Rodeo was great, plenty detailed for that car. The problem with using them for Caddies is that they are not detailed enough and are too broad, covering too many years, and thus generations, in each book.

Akiragrey
06-03-09, 02:42 AM
I love his Deville STS.

:err:

Uhh ... would you believe those two keys are totally beside one another?

The bad thing is the Deville I bought has STS branded rims at the moment ... yah.

Sorry if my post here seemed overly random and void of context. I was busy discovering first hand something I have read throughout numerous "help" threads here and there ... Chilton service manuals are the pits when it comes time to figure out how to perform work on a Cadillac.

I took a small break to flip through my Chilton service manual to figure out what I was overlooking. I found three sections regarding the Fuel Rail that all referred to one another without actually offering any information on how to remove them.

Apparently the heat got to me. I thought I would be clever and post the above.

Aron9000
06-03-09, 04:02 AM
I've never used a Chiltons manual, but Haynes manuals suck. Haynes manuals suck so hard that they wouldn't even be good fuel in a bon fire.

Jesda
06-03-09, 04:21 AM
I agree, the Cadillac manuals are crap. Mr Chilton could die in a fire and I wouldn't weep.

C&C
06-03-09, 05:47 AM
You get what you pay for. Buy the Factory manual you cheap :canttalk:

Jesda
06-03-09, 06:05 AM
There's so much detailed info on this forum that I haven't needed manuals... yet. I picked up a copy covering the Seville and thumbed through it -- it was pathetic. The BMW 3-series manual isn't to shabby though, but those cars are simple.

RightTurn
06-03-09, 08:42 AM
Apparently the heat got to me. I thought I would be clever and post the above.

I enjoyed your clever post; it made me lol. :D Just ignore the grumpy-pants; they all excel at making people feel welcome here. :rolleyes:

hueterm
06-03-09, 10:23 AM
I enjoyed your clever post; it made me lol. :D Just ignore the grumpy-pants; they all excel at making people feel welcome here. :rolleyes:

OK BDSM (Get off my lawn) Clint -- point taken ... :stirpot:

:bouncy:

RightTurn
06-03-09, 10:32 AM
Wow. That was easy. :highfive:

Submariner409
06-03-09, 11:34 AM
.........like a .45 in the 10 ring.