: DIY Headrest Monitor Installation .....VDO?

md04srx
06-02-09, 12:18 PM
I am looking to do the DIY Headrest Monitor install, but I am looking for VDO's pictures and installation instructions. I saw his thread, but the pics were gone. If anyone out here has them please shoot them to me or post them here for all.

Thanks

thunderbyrd01
06-02-09, 02:13 PM
I am looking to do the DIY Headrest Monitor install, but I am looking for VDO's pictures and installation instructions. I saw his thread, but the pics were gone. If anyone out here has them please shoot them to me or post them here for all.

Thanks
I cant help you but I'm interested in doing This too, are you installing the screens into the headrest ? or are you installing the headrest with the monitors already built into them ? What brand are you using ? Thanks.

md04srx
06-02-09, 03:00 PM
I am attempting to install the screens into the headrests and wire them into the existing RSE unit. Forum member VDO has done this already, but the pics in his thread, showing how to do it, are missing. I am hoping he sees this thread or someone who has also done it will chime in.

Northern SRX
06-02-09, 07:21 PM
Have you sent VDO a PM? He hasn't posted much here in months but you never know...

md04srx
06-03-09, 08:55 AM
I do not have a high enough post count yet to send PM's. That is why I was hoping to catch his eye with his name in the thread topic. If you have any other ideas on how to contact him let me know please.

wesyder
06-09-09, 10:16 PM
in the process of adding headrest tv's myself how far have you guys gotten what size monitors are you trying to use... im gonna need help hooking up to factory res havent took apart yet

md04srx
06-10-09, 03:57 PM
If you look under member VDO's posts, you will find a thread that discusses exactly this. The problem is that the pics are no longer posted, which would be very helpful in for this project. I am hoping that VDO will log in and see our posts and help us out.

wesyder
06-10-09, 10:51 PM
started the project but cant figure out how to post pics....help

md04srx
06-11-09, 10:45 AM
I hope this helps...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachment s

wesyder
06-13-09, 01:32 AM
thanks md04srx that helped alot..... this is what i started, 7in monitors........gonna try to wire to oem rse by sunday

md04srx
06-15-09, 11:38 AM
You did a nice job on the monitors!! Did you get the wiring connected? I am interested in how it gets connected. If you have any instructions, or pictures, on how you wired it up I would greatly appreciate it. Also, what has been your total cost for doing it yourself?

wesyder
06-15-09, 10:10 PM
thanks..i havent had time to connect it yet but hopefully i will have it done soon and i will post directions for you, i will let you know the total when i am done i can almost assure it will be the easiest and the cheapest without sacrificing quality

wesyder
06-25-09, 04:39 PM
ok sorry for the delay....for power i just tapped into the 12volt sockets and changed the fuse and added the relay so they work with the key as vdo posted and for the video use the red and white wires shown as vdo posted as well, they are the thicker of the wires shown.....i will keep you posted

wesyder
06-28-09, 08:13 PM
ok i finally had time to finish the install

md04srx
06-29-09, 06:11 AM
Wow..they turned out great! :thumbsup: I hope to begin my project soon. What monitors did you go with?

wesyder
06-29-09, 06:23 PM
thanks....i went with jazz 7 inch monitors, escalade headrest with cadillac logo, my oem headrest wont accomodate a 7 inch monitor shade of tan is slightly brighter than my oem but im cool with that total with monitors,headrest and video amp i can get for about 300 plus shipping to you

Bigdawg7299
04-03-13, 11:27 AM
Did you tie the audio into the headrest monitors as well? Or is the ir from the rse strong enough to hit the third row seat passengers?