: How to force 2.8 (LP1) engine

laderw
06-01-09, 03:06 PM
Hi all!

I`m new to this forum. My story can be read at CTS 08 forum "From Russia with love ))". (sorry i couldnt add a link to my first thread, vbulleting doesnt allow me to do this..dont know whats the problem..)

I explain why on new CTS we have old engine. It is a european specs of CTS. We have 2.8 and 3.6 DI engines in sale. I choose the 2.8 cause of very high taxes on 3.6 DI.

So I`ve got some questions to US cadillac owners. Is it possible to increase the power of LP1 engine? What can you advise?

Thanks a lot!

70eldo
06-03-09, 09:08 AM
If you are really handy, you might be able to figure out how to fix the bi-turbo from the BLS (2.8 bi-Turbo, also in Saab 93 aero) into your CTS.

Good luck!

70eldo
06-03-09, 09:13 AM
And as far as I understood, the 2.8L of the euro-CTS is a sleeved version of the 3.6L. So you might be able to fit one of these as well:

http://www.5thgen.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11750

(scroll down to the forced induction)

laderw
06-03-09, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the link,

There is a tuning for 3.6 DI engine, but 2.8 is not DI. As i understand it was on the first CTS. Maybe i am wrong though..

70eldo
06-03-09, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the link,

There is a tuning for 3.6 DI engine, but 2.8 is not DI. As i understand it was on the first CTS. Maybe i am wrong though..

D3 offers a chiptune for the 3.6 DI, but they said it could work on the non-DI as well. And since the 2.8 is almost the same as the 3.6 (as far as I understood), it could work for the 2.8 as well.

Now, D3 does only offer the tune onsite, so it is not interesting for you and me. It just indicates that it is POSSIBLE. I found a local tuner that has lots of experience in US cars and is willing to figure out the CTS. I suggest you find a local tuner too.

concorso
06-06-09, 10:52 AM
If you are really handy, you might be able to figure out how to fix the bi-turbo from the BLS (2.8 bi-Turbo, also in Saab 93 aero) into your CTS.

Good luck!The 2.8L Turbo is a much stronger engine. It has alot of different parts versus the rest of the HF/Alloytech engines.

70eldo
06-08-09, 05:14 AM
Holden will come with a new 2.8L Turbo for the new SRX as well... ;)