: 2007 Cadillac STS4 1SG

kevinscaddy01STS
05-31-09, 11:33 PM
I recently bought a 2007 STS4 with the N*...so far i love it...it has every option that i could ever want..i have had several cadillacs in the past...and all of them being the Seville body style...most recently the 01 STS...but i think that cadillac has made several improvements to the STS and so far they have all been positive...i have 8K left on my warranty and was wondering if there is anything i should know...i also have a few questions..

1. the car is equipped with the Navigation and was wondering how window tint would effect that.
2. Who would i talk to about modifying the DVD system so i can play DVD's at all times...
3. is there an Ipod jack stock?

Any help would be great.

BaTu
06-01-09, 09:59 AM
Mine's an '05 so while not exactly the same....

1) Nav's all about the GPS and I can't imagine the tint having Any effect on that.

2) Search the term - Lockpick - here to find about "unlocking" the block on your DVD player.

3) Not sure about your '07, but I don't have it in my '05.

AllWheelEric
06-01-09, 02:23 PM
Mine's an '05 so while not exactly the same....

1) Nav's all about the GPS and I can't imagine the tint having Any effect on that.

2) Search the term - Lockpick - here to find about "unlocking" the block on your DVD player.

3) Not sure about your '07, but I don't have it in my '05.

Tint can definitely interfere with GPS. I remember reading reports of problems on this forum. Search around.

Check inside your armrest for "aux" inputs to use with your ipod. I think it comes on all STSs with navigation.

BaTu
06-01-09, 04:17 PM
I've seen some discussion of tint having sometimes an effect on radio signals but haven't run across anything with satellite signal (a Very different frequency)

I'd be surprised to find interference, where did you see this? (I'm a satellite guy from way back ;) )

Also, you mean the A/V inputs will play iPod audio to the sound system? I have an 1/8" "AUX" input in other cars that will do that but never though of the RCA inputs in the armrest would do the same.

EChas3
06-01-09, 07:16 PM
I recently bought a 2007 STS4 with the N*...so far i love it...it has every option that i could ever want..i have had several cadillacs in the past...and all of them being the Seville body style...most recently the 01 STS...but i think that cadillac has made several improvements to the STS and so far they have all been positive...i have 8K left on my warranty and was wondering if there is anything i should know...i also have a few questions..

1. the car is equipped with the Navigation and was wondering how window tint would effect that.
2. Who would i talk to about modifying the DVD system so i can play DVD's at all times...
3. is there an Ipod jack stock?

Any help would be great.

1. The GPS antenna is in the front dash. Metallic-based tint on the front window (generally illegal) could interfere.
2. If your 2007 has a steering wheel mute button, a standard Lockpick will work. See tomm's Offical Lockpick thread!
3. You just need a cable to use the armrest 'Aux' jacks. If you want to control the I-Pod from the Nav screen, get the uPAC-STS. It's built by Pacific Accessories Corporation and sold by various distributors. 'Way Cool!:worship:

kevinscaddy01STS
06-01-09, 07:33 PM
excellent...thank you for all the info..if i were to get tinted windows i wouldnt get the windshield tinted only the side and back windows...does this mean i should be okay?

Superjim
06-01-09, 07:41 PM
excellent...thank you for all the info..if i were to get tinted windows i wouldnt get the windshield tinted only the side and back windows...does this mean i should be okay?

Yes.