: Mystery Vacuum Hose

eldoradoin
05-31-09, 05:53 PM
Okay, I posted this on the sev/eldo forum, but this might get better. I know it's Sunday and most of us like dicking around during work hours on forums. :D

I have a capped vacuum hose on the driver's side. It's a largish hose, and there is a vacuum nub on the right drivers side back of the air intake plenum.
What does this hose go to and should I hook it up? It just doesn't seem right that there is a hole in the intake plenum. I'm a second owner, so I didn't plug it.

It's a '95 Eldo. b.t.w.

thanx!!

Submariner409
05-31-09, 06:07 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words..........

IF the intake duct hose is plugged and there's also a plugged hose/hole in either the front or rear cam cover, (under the engine beauty cover) someone has mistakenly removed the PCV system, an absolute necessity to proper engine function and crankcase ventilation.

Some Northstars also have a wiggle-cap hose that is the static vent for the transmission. It usually comes sort of straight up to a clip on or near the throttle cable bracket.

eldoradoin
05-31-09, 08:22 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words..........

IF the intake duct hose is plugged and there's also a plugged hose/hole in either the front or rear cam cover, (under the engine beauty cover) someone has mistakenly removed the PCV system, an absolute necessity to proper engine function and crankcase ventilation.

Some Northstars also have a wiggle-cap hose that is the static vent for the transmission. It usually comes sort of straight up to a clip on or near the throttle cable bracket.

Okay, then that's what it is. It's plugged with a little wiggle cap. I thought it might have been a rookey dook setup. It's a decent sized hose, which I though was cut and plugged.

Do you know of any blow by vent comes out of the air intake plenum? It's an opening (that looks like a vacuum hose should be plugged into) that would be pointing almost directly to the driver's seat on the backside of the plenum.

EDIT: It's a little dark right now, but my wife finally brought my "baby" back. I'll get a pic. tomorrow.

Appreciate the input!

Submariner409
05-31-09, 08:37 PM
...............only thing that comes to mind is an IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor hole. A '95 Northstar will have to go from here............:D

AJxtcman
05-31-09, 08:53 PM
Okay, then that's what it is. It's plugged with a little wiggle cap. I thought it might have been a rookey dook setup. It's a decent sized hose, which I though was cut and plugged.

Do you know of any blow by vent comes out of the air intake plenum? It's an opening (that looks like a vacuum hose should be plugged into) that would be pointing almost directly to the driver's seat on the backside of the plenum.

EDIT: It's a little dark right now, but my wife finally brought my "baby" back. I'll get a pic. tomorrow.

Appreciate the input!

That is the Transmission Vent Hose! DO NOT Plug it!

eldoradoin
05-31-09, 08:53 PM
...............only thing that comes to mind is an IAT (Intake Air Temp) sensor hole. A '95 Northstar will have to go from here............:D

Yeah, but I love it brother!:D

eldoradoin
06-01-09, 01:09 AM
That is the Transmission Vent Hose! DO NOT Plug it!

I don't think it's completely plugged. Like submariner said, it is capped, but it has what looks like the vacuum hose version of a steam cooker on top of it. I was wondering about an opening on the air intake plenum's open tit. See above for description.

Thanks for your concern! :)

AJxtcman
06-01-09, 08:02 AM
I don't think it's completely plugged. Like submariner said, it is capped, but it has what looks like the vacuum hose version of a steam cooker on top of it. I was wondering about an opening on the air intake plenum's open tit. See above for description.

Thanks for your concern! :)

5/16 to 3/8 ID?
Looks like a fuel line size?

eldoradoin
06-01-09, 09:34 AM
5/16 to 3/8 ID?
Looks like a fuel line size?

If you're talking about the male off of the intake plenum, I haven't put a caliper on it (wife took the car again today), but I'd say it's ID is about 3/8.
I can measure it once we get home from work.
thanx!