: GM Lockpick 5 install-Help!!!

jmmdk5
05-30-09, 10:24 AM
Hi:

I bought the GM Lockpick5 and am ready to install. When I took the radio apart, I only have two connectors going into the back of the Nav unit and they are both black and on one end of the radio unit (side by side).

(FYI, I have the Denso-GM factory unit in my 2009 srx)

Here's the problem. The lockpick5 has a brown and a black connection and from the coastaltech video install demo, one goes to each end of the GM nav unit...this is where I do not have any connectors currently in the radio nor is one brown.

Can anyone help me solve this without having to go to a radio guy???

Thanks
Mike

jmmdk5
05-30-09, 01:44 PM
Hey I'm calling off the SOS...was able to get the help I needed and all is working. FYI to anyone who has this situation just connect the black Lockpick5 connector with the one black connection out of the radio (the one on the right end...the brown connection is for a remote camera hookup and if you do not have this then you don't need the brown connection.

The dvd and nav will work fine from there-thanks all!

USAFRET
06-01-09, 12:00 PM
Glad you were able to sort that out. I too have an 09 and have been looking at the LOCKPIC. What model did you buy with what features? How much, I was looking at the $129 unit.

jmmdk5
06-02-09, 11:23 PM
The one I purchased was $215 incl s/h...it is the Lockpick5 that includes nav/gps/xm and rear camera unlock mechinism...I recommend it!

Thanks
Mike:)

edharson
06-03-09, 08:55 AM
The one I purchased was $215 incl s/h...it is the Lockpick5 that includes nav/gps/xm and rear camera unlock mechinism...I recommend it!

Thanks
Mike:)
Where did you purchase it. I am being told that the price is $250.

Thanks,
Ed

jmmdk5
06-03-09, 10:44 AM
Contact Jose at goyex@hotmail.com. Let him know you are a member of this forum. He is very helpful. I called him during my install and he walked me thru it-a great guy!

Good luck!
Mike

edharson
06-05-09, 04:31 PM
Contact Jose at goyex@hotmail.com. Let him know you are a member of this forum. He is very helpful. I called him during my install and he walked me thru it-a great guy!

Good luck!
Mike
I contacted your supplier and he is now asking $225 + 4% if I want to use PayPal. He is saying that you made an error by posting a cost of $215 instead of the what you actually paid. He also told jdavis on this forum that you paid $275 and quoted jdavis a price of $259.
Ed

jmmdk5
06-05-09, 05:00 PM
I highly recommend my seller as he was very helpful to me to get the unit installed (after the sale)...all I can say is go get your best price-I feel I did!!!

edharson
06-05-09, 05:25 PM
I highly recommend my seller as he was very helpful to me to get the unit installed (after the sale)...all I can say is go get your best price-I feel I did!!!
What price did you actually pay?? Was the $215 price you quoted a mistake?