: Go see "Up"

Jesda
05-30-09, 05:51 AM
Best movie I've seen in a long, long time. It was engaging enough to keep the kids in the audience from whining and making noise.

The Good:
Emotional story with deep and very well-developed characters
Ongoing use of humor when appropriate
3D imaging adds depth without resorting to gimmicks
Outstanding visual detail
Expectedly very enjoyable by adult viewers

The Bad:
I showed up late and got stuck sitting up front and off to the side. Neck hurt a bit.
I only got 2 hours of sleep the night before and dozed off for 10 minutes in the first half. Got a soda and stayed awake.
Antagonist's back story maybe could have benefitted from more development. Minor issue.
Moments where it was a little too whimsical (very advanced human skills by certain animals) were hard to swallow, because it started out seeming so realistic. Very minor complaint.

GO SEE THIS FILM. Show up 20 minutes early.

ryannel2003
05-30-09, 08:39 AM
I love Pixar movies. Cars is my favorite movie, and who doesn't love Toy Story? I'll make sure to check it out though, the commercials already had me interested.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-30-09, 01:59 PM
My favorite Pixar movie is Monsters Inc. I will have to convince my sister to get me tickets.

Red_October_7000
05-30-09, 10:26 PM
Funny thing is, I thought Monsters Inc. was their weakest offering, with Wall-E being their best. But hey, to each his own; that's what makes the world go 'round. Up didn't look that great to me, but maybe it's just that with how awesome Wall-E was it's such a hard one to top.

billc83
05-31-09, 12:43 AM
I haven't seen everything Pixar has done, but the movies I have seen, I really liked. They've cemented their reputation (with me, at least) as makers of quality films.