: Hello, Chicago!!!! C0RSA1R's comin' to town!!

C0RSA1R
05-30-09, 12:39 AM
This has been a great week so far. First I found out that I get to fly down to my company's office in Lisle, IL for a full week, to conduct training classes and help set up their software on a slew of new computers they bought. Today, I find out that I also got the promotion I was angling for, so I'll be in charge of the team I'm helping to train to operate the software!:D

I'm going to be out there from June 8th to June 12th, working during the day, and staying at the Courtyard Marriott on Diehl Rd right by our office on Warrenville. I've got nothing to do after 5:30 any of the nights I'll be there, so anyone that wants to swing by, say hi, or show me around town so I know what the heck I'm getting myself into is welcome!

Also, I've got a corporate card so anything I spend on dinner is reimbursable. Last time I used barely half of what they allowed me to spend - apologies to Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood, that burger and fries at Portillos shoulda been on me, pal - so if they keep the limit set, anyone who shows me around also gets dinner on me. Well, on my company, but same thing.:yup:

They're not letting me rent a car (I turn 24 the first week of June, and company policy mandates being 25 to reimburse car rentals), but cabs are reimbursable, so I will have a certain amount of mobility when I'm out there.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who chimed in on my previous thread about moving to Lisle. Any other thoughts, advice, or recommendations for apartments out there is also welcome. I don't know when they want me to move out there permanently, but since they're closing my current NY office on June 30th, I can't imagine it being much later than mid-July. Sadly, my girl is not coming with me - she is enrolled in school here and all of her family lives in the same town, so we decided that it didn't make sense for her to pick up and move on out with me. She may come out for a few days in June, to stay with me at the hotel - when that's set up I'll let people know so you can meet her as well.

Bottom line: promotion, new job, new town, new friends to be made. A-movin' and a-shakin' starts now. :thumbsup:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-30-09, 01:55 AM
Congrats Andy. Are you still going to be moving here permanently or just business trips for the foreseeable future?

Unfortunately, I will be on vacation the week you are here. I have no other plans for the rest of summer though (except the Chicago meet) so give me a call next time you are in town.

C0RSA1R
05-30-09, 02:25 AM
Permanently. Don't know when they'll want me to move, but probably before mid-July. Looks like you can count me in for the Chicago Meet - I'll be tirelessly conditioning myself to handle the awesomeness. :)

gary88
05-30-09, 02:48 AM
The 8th-12th is right in the heat of finals for me, but I should be free as of 11:30ish on the 12th.

If you haven't experienced The Patio yet... you need to.

C0RSA1R
05-30-09, 05:37 AM
Been to Portillos, the Brick House Tavern, and Giordano's. Oh, and Jimmy John's for lunch.

90Brougham350
05-30-09, 09:31 AM
Congrats on your promotion! We'll see you in August.

Brian

CadillacGurl
05-30-09, 10:48 PM
I don't know if I will be available since as Gary said, it's finals week plus I have to figure out if my mom will leave a car at the house.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-31-09, 12:48 AM
I was done with school three weeks ago. :D

CadillacGurl
05-31-09, 01:41 PM
:rtfinger: to you JD :D

gdwriter
06-01-09, 03:36 AM
I start my first summer class tomorrow. But it's one that I'm teaching, so I get paid for it.

96Fleetwood
06-01-09, 09:08 AM
Welcome to town!

They are building some nice new apartments in downtown Downers Grove, you might want to look into that.

You will also have to join the Cadillac club here!

Send me a PM when you get in town, my schedule is always hectic but I can always swing time to chat cars and grab a drink.

CIWS
06-01-09, 09:15 AM
Be sure to look up Barak Obama's old stomping grounds. That way you can say you've walked down the same streets when you tell your grandchildren stories. :yup:

:hide:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
06-01-09, 02:21 PM
Be sure to look up Barak Obama's old stomping grounds. That way you can say you've walked down the same streets when you tell your grandchildren stories.

About how painful of an experience it was...

C0RSA1R
06-01-09, 03:16 PM
I'd rather go find ex-Gov. Blago's barber and ask for a certain signature haircut . . .

C0RSA1R
06-01-09, 03:17 PM
Welcome to town!

They are building some nice new apartments in downtown Downers Grove, you might want to look into that.

You will also have to join the Cadillac club here!

Send me a PM when you get in town, my schedule is always hectic but I can always swing time to chat cars and grab a drink.

Sounds good to me!

C0RSA1R
06-06-09, 04:54 PM
Just giving myself a bump (that's what she said) in case anyone missed this thread and wants to add something. I'll be in Lisle on Monday, and I'm staying the week, so anyone wants to drop by and say howdy is welcome.

96Fleetwood
06-08-09, 01:45 PM
How about we get a group together and meet up Thursday night for the downtown Westmont cruise night?