: Pics with 295's on the rear

HartmanV
05-29-09, 08:37 PM
So I bought and installed some new rear tires, went with 295/35-20 Invo's, here are some pics:
Note: I am running with custom made 5mm spacers. I am aware of my misaligned exhaust

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh291/jaskel4/IMG_0230.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh291/jaskel4/IMG_0233.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh291/jaskel4/IMG_0234.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh291/jaskel4/IMG_0229.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh291/jaskel4/IMG_0231.jpg

Car feels awesome with the tires on the back, not a fan of running the spacers but they are only 5mm. Had to come up on my GC about 3/4 ".
I am starting to grow fond of the raked drag look.

Jason

smashn808
05-29-09, 08:41 PM
Now that looks super tough! Nice stance.

FIVEOH!!!
05-29-09, 09:14 PM
Guess did not feel like editing the tags anymore on pic # 4?

KaMaSuTrA
05-29-09, 09:29 PM
Did you make the spacers or were they fabricated by a company? I could get used to tire sizes like that on my V :thumbsup:

SoJersey05V
05-29-09, 09:31 PM
looks awesome... i have 255/40 invos and love them! super nice

HartmanV
05-29-09, 09:43 PM
Yeah I did'nt even see the tag in pic 4 till I posted it..Doh'

I had the spacers fabbed up out of billet by a guy in Tampa, $40.00.
Appreciate the comments guys.
Jason

CTSV_510
05-29-09, 10:02 PM
very nice! good choice in tires, I was going to get them but I found a great deal on others. They will probably be my next set, that or the NT-05s.

I bet the 295s look really good in person. :thumbsup:

I forget - do you have any engine mods?

814V
05-29-09, 10:04 PM
:drool:

looks awesome dude!

HartmanV
05-29-09, 10:12 PM
No real motor mods yet:( just a K&N and cat back.

c4ss
05-29-09, 11:09 PM
Look at all that meat back there! Looks GREAT :drool:

Jbawden
05-29-09, 11:11 PM
Why do people edit ("photoshop" out the numbers) the plates when they post a pic of their car on the internet? What are people trying to hide or prevent? Everyone can see your plate on the highway! Off topic: When poeple make exhaust videos and post them on youtube, why does EVERYONE feel the need to rev the car to 6k rpm as if that really displays the sound properly?

whisler151
05-29-09, 11:46 PM
Off topic: When poeple make exhaust videos and post them on youtube, why does EVERYONE feel the need to rev the car to 6k rpm as if that really displays the sound properly?

There was a memo that went out years ago to the world...it told all of us exactly what to do to piss you off. That was one of the points the memo touched on...EVERYONE revving to 6krpm and post it on youtube.

whisler151
05-29-09, 11:49 PM
Why do people edit ("photoshop" out the numbers) the plates when they post a pic of their car on the internet? What are people trying to hide or prevent? Everyone can see your plate on the highway!

I show my credit card and drivers license to tons of people every day when making purchases. Just because they see it, doesn't mean I want to post it online for all to see.

Personally I dont care...but obviously some do. I dont block my plate out.

thebigjimsho
05-30-09, 12:04 AM
LOVE those wheels. If I had the coin, those wheels in 19"s would be in order. The tires? meh.

CTSV_510
05-30-09, 12:16 AM
There was a memo that went out years ago to the world...it told all of us exactly what to do to piss you off. That was one of the points the memo touched on...EVERYONE revving to 6krpm and post it on youtube.

:histeric:

TKSFab
05-30-09, 12:39 AM
looks awesome.

i wish i was making some real power so i could have a reason for a little extra meat out back. :)

i might however have to copy you anyways, as i need some rear tires badly :)

c4ss
05-30-09, 02:20 AM
Why do people edit ("photoshop" out the numbers) the plates when they post a pic of their car on the internet? What are people trying to hide or prevent? Everyone can see your plate on the highway! Off topic: When poeple make exhaust videos and post them on youtube, why does EVERYONE feel the need to rev the car to 6k rpm as if that really displays the sound properly?

debbie downer up there :canttalk:

liqidvenom
05-30-09, 06:01 AM
great looking rims

2kx2
05-30-09, 11:49 AM
Looks amazing! What size rims are you running, front and back?

Jbawden
05-30-09, 12:20 PM
You guys make some great points! DL and credit card #'s together ARE just like license plates. Right, the memo. Is this the same one that suggests that the search function yields all the answers to a newbie's question in clear and relevant result? Love that memo. All I was trying to articulate are some light hearted (and off topic) observations about car pics and youtube exhaust sound videos. One last observation at the risk of depressing C4ss further; in my opinion, the V does not respond well to visual mods. I think Hartman should paint his car red and put a large tapered white stripe down the length :-)

HartmanV
05-30-09, 01:42 PM
I am running 20x8.5 and 20x10 FORGELINES. Thankyou all for the comments... BigJim, just curious meh about the Invos ar the size?

How can you say the V does not respond well to visual mods? Everyone has their opinions but a good wheel and tire combo, I personally believe will enhance any vehicles looks for the better. Your opinion and I respect that, but I definatley would not say painting it red with a white stripe would look any better, I am no starskyand this ain't a torino!

Ray06CTS
05-30-09, 04:23 PM
sick wheels bro

JD03Cobra
06-01-09, 05:48 PM
I'm not a fan of 20's but those are the nicest I have ever seen! Bad ass

thebigjimsho
06-02-09, 02:01 AM
I am running 20x8.5 and 20x10 FORGELINES. Thankyou all for the comments... BigJim, just curious meh about the Invos ar the size?

How can you say the V does not respond well to visual mods? Everyone has their opinions but a good wheel and tire combo, I personally believe will enhance any vehicles looks for the better. Your opinion and I respect that, but I definatley would not say painting it red with a white stripe would look any better, I am no starskyand this ain't a torino!
The Invos look like plaid tires. Steamroller size...

Still love the rims, though...

Wicked_V
06-02-09, 03:30 PM
I love the size and the new stance looks awesome as well. Good job!

HartmanV
06-02-09, 08:37 PM
The Invos look like plaid tires. Steamroller size...

Still love the rims, though...

Yeah not everyone likes how the Invo's look, but personally it is one of the reason's I went with them. I love the grip, the quiet ride provided with the asymetrical tread design, and the price. I would say the Invo is a great choice for those not wanting to pay the PS2 price tag. I consider myself to be a "tire" guy as it is my profession but your poasts certainly carry a little more weight than mine with rubber.

Once again thank you all for the comments.
Jason

thebigjimsho
06-03-09, 12:59 AM
Yeah not everyone likes how the Invo's look, but personally it is one of the reason's I went with them. I love the grip, the quiet ride provided with the asymetrical tread design, and the price. I would say the Invo is a great choice for those not wanting to pay the PS2 price tag. I consider myself to be a "tire" guy as it is my profession but your poasts certainly carry a little more weight than mine with rubber.

Once again thank you all for the comments.
Jason
I've never driven on Invos, just commenting on looks. So don't take too much on my comments...but I also don't think we need 295s out back...