: Iridium Spark Plugs

lreddiablo
05-29-09, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know what type of plugs are in the 05 STS V8. Assuming delco but doubting Iridium. Has anyone tried iridium in this car? I know Bosch isn't a favorite here, but anyone tried the Bosch IrFusions? Any opinion on what would be the best performing plugs for this car? Delco Iridium? Bosch IrFusion?, something else?

next2pool
05-29-09, 06:19 PM
I'll get a lot of flack for this but if you go platinum , any of them will be just fine, no matter what brand or price.

Angus Young
05-29-09, 06:22 PM
I've been running Iridium plugs for about the last 15,000 miles with no problems at all, seems to start a bit quicker, also they take less energy from the coil packs to fire, I purchased mine from ebay but found the ones I wanted from sparkplugs.com, a vendor from ebay had them for like $2.00 less per plug than sparkplugs.com, I also installed a set in my 6 cylinder Honda Valkyrie Interstate bike and it was a noticable inprovemet on cold starting and smoothness of the idle

BaTu
05-29-09, 08:08 PM
Here's where I'm going to say,,, IMHO,,,,, buy stock AC/Delco plugs from a dealer. They really are the right plugs for your engine and don't think there's any improvement to be had elsewhere. In fact, I think Most other plugs will eventually only give you problems.....

EChas3
05-29-09, 08:12 PM
I believe OEM are Delco Platinum. IMHO leave them alone until 100,000 miles unless there's trouble. Most ignition issues will set a SES code.

Angus Young
05-29-09, 08:30 PM
Here's where I'm going to say,,, IMHO,,,,, buy stock AC/Delco plugs from a dealer. They really are the right plugs for your engine and don't think there's any improvement to be had elsewhere. In fact, I think Most other plugs will eventually only give you problems.....

Try them first, experience the difference, listen to others who have tried both, then share....

BaTu
05-30-09, 09:49 AM
Try them first, experience the difference, listen to others who have tried both, then share....

There Are of course, no shortage of people who will attest to the improvements of "magnets on the fuel line" or the "turbolator" in the intake and forget about all the additives you pour in the crankcase or gas tank :)

Each and Every one of them will swear to things like "starts a bit quicker" and "smoothness of the idle"....

I'm not saying you can't be right. I Am saying sometimes people (especially those who spend more on an item) WANT to believe they've got something better. Bosch plugs with 4 electrodes, "SplitFire" plugs, all will say the same things.

How 'bout all those HHO guys who claimed they saw 10-15 mpg improvements when gas went to $5.00 a gallon :D

Only 15K on them, starts better, I remain unconvinced but am willing to consider anyone with REAL results ;)

I know AC/Delco plugs will go 100K!

K STS
05-30-09, 09:52 PM
This dude is a dick. I wish there was a thumbs down button I could give you for your misinformation on nearly every thread. From this one where you are basically saying a member is lying about seeing an improvement using higher performance plugs to the warranty thread where you claim $5,000 for a 30 month warranty is cheap. and a 1SG car will "GOBBLE" up more than that.