: What's on your playlist?

agp
05-28-09, 05:34 PM
What songs do you listen to when you're cruising around in your beloved Cadillac?
Feel free to share!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-28-09, 10:04 PM
Today I was listening to "Another Night" by Real McCoy and "To the Moon and Back" by Savage Garden on the way home from work. I have an interesting taste in music. I have lots of disco that frequently comes out my windows as well.

Ranger
05-28-09, 10:22 PM
You wouldn't recognize half of what's on my list. ;)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-28-09, 10:40 PM
You wouldn't recognize half of what's on my list. ;)

Post it anyway. I have a surprising amount of old music ('60s and older). I used to ride in the car a lot with my grandmother and picked up on it then. My Mom also listens to a lot of older stuff so it rubbed off on me. My favorite old song is "Five O'Clock World" by the Dave Clark Five.

Ranger
05-28-09, 10:46 PM
"Five O'Clock World" was actually done by the Vogues. Got that one too. I've got almost 850 songs on it. Way too many to post. Many older than that, but obviously not enough as I seem to hear too many too soon again.

ga_etc
05-29-09, 02:39 AM
I listen to a lot of different stuff. Mostly rock, newer pop/rap, and some good remixes.

Jesda
05-29-09, 07:21 AM
"U2 - Best of 1980-1990" is what gets played in the Cadillac quite frequently. That album never gets old. In the Crossfire, its mostly a mix of upbeat pop -- Lady Gaga and Wham.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-29-09, 08:19 AM
Ive been listening to a lot of The Beatles lately. Mainly Abbey Road and The White Album, but Revolver too, and I just got Let It Be last night...

Jesda
05-29-09, 09:07 AM
I'm glad Lennon is dead.

tman2093
05-29-09, 09:46 AM
Safety Dance on continuous loop.

Submariner409
05-29-09, 05:05 PM
The last and only times our car system is/was on was to listen to NOAA Weather Channel 6 out of Sudlersville, MD. We played a CD right after I bought the car in 11/05, but the 6-disc changer has been empty since. There aren't any FM/AM stations set, either.

Blackout
05-29-09, 05:59 PM
I've been listening to a decent amount of Slightly Stoopid, Bob Marley, Aerosmith, and some other classic rock

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-29-09, 06:01 PM
I'm glad Lennon is dead.

Why's that? He was shot on my dad's 23rd birthday.

Ranger
05-29-09, 06:20 PM
The last and only times our car system is/was on was to listen to NOAA Weather Channel 6 out of Sudlersville, MD. We played a CD right after I bought the car in 11/05, but the 6-disc changer has been empty since. There aren't any FM/AM stations set, either.

Sub, how can you drive without music? Don't think I have ever done that. I consider the car undrivable without some music system.

Submariner409
05-29-09, 09:16 PM
Hard shot to call.......In all the cars I have owned, oddball or stock, the "radio" has never been played except for maybe a traffic, news, or weather report. I am far more alert AND relaxed while driving with only car and road noise to concentrate on. Maybe years of flying a Piper Cub and Colt and listening to the machinery hum of a submarine have changed my outlook on transportation noise - even boating, no music. BUT, I have an extensive record and CD collection and decent stereo system, and will sit and listen attentively to everything from Beethoven to Dylan to REO Speedwagon to Dire Straits to Sibelius for hours on end. Go figure. (Most car sound systems - OEM or aftermarket - are a cruel joke.)

93eldodave
05-29-09, 09:57 PM
I have a jump drive full of good stuff...vern gosden, buddy holly, snoop dog, april wine, R.E.O speed wagon, A/C D/C, 3 Doors Down, Candelbox, Big n Rich, and the best for last ...Marty robbins...and more..

agp
05-29-09, 10:14 PM
I listen to lots of old-school or mellow hip-hop. Nothing too pop or too fast-paced.

Sevillian273
05-29-09, 10:40 PM
Scandinavian melodic metal ftw. In Flames, Insomnium, Dark Tranquility, Soilwork, Kalmah, many others... pumped through a Fosgate 1500w 4 channel amp to 4 Infinity 6x9s in a tiny little Seville. :banghead::cookoo::lildevil:

Buy Miracle Ear stocks NOW! What?

Submariner409
05-29-09, 11:34 PM
Ranger's question piqued my interest - just finished 2 hours of LP's - Traveling Wilburys, REO Speedwagon, Jim Hall (Concierto), and Mark Knopfler (Notting Hillbillies).

Jesda
05-30-09, 03:46 AM
Why's that? He was shot on my dad's 23rd birthday.

I hated Lennon's wife, his politics, his crappy adolescent writing, and everything he stood for. Completely overrated sack of crap. I admire McCartney though.

On a more positive note, I picked up a Supertramp 2-record set for 99 cents! Need to grab some more Supertramp MP3s for the car.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-30-09, 09:17 AM
McCartney is awesome. Lennon seemed like the black sheep of the band...the whiny liberal trouble maker. And I was never the biggest fan of Yoko Ono. Wasn't she like 10 years older than he was too?

Submariner409
05-30-09, 11:09 AM
Doesn't make any difference how old she is - She has to sneak up on a glass of water to get a drink.

heavymetals
05-30-09, 05:51 PM
I'm glad Lennon is dead.

Chapman shot the wrong person.

Jesda
05-30-09, 10:24 PM
McCartney is awesome. Lennon seemed like the black sheep of the band...the whiny liberal trouble maker. And I was never the biggest fan of Yoko Ono. Wasn't she like 10 years older than he was too?

Yoko was full-on retarded.

GizmoQ
06-01-09, 10:02 PM
Nothing but BlueTech all the way from Chicago to St Louis. Three albums on random play: 1 - Elementary Particles; 2 - Prima Materia; and 3 - Sines_and_Singularities.

S70RMP
06-02-09, 03:24 AM
a lot of Dave Matthews Band live Trax on the iPod in the BLS,
got the day off today so me and partner are going for a drive in to North Wales and I have the new studio DMB cd to listen to ready to play !

LS1Mike
06-02-09, 05:11 AM
Ranger's question piqued my interest - just finished 2 hours of LP's - Traveling Wilburys, REO Speedwagon, Jim Hall (Concierto), and Mark Knopfler (Notting Hillbillies).

What? No Tommy Cox? Songs of the Submarine Navy?
http://www.subshipstore.com/cd3-1.jpg
http://www.subshipstore.com/cd1-1.jpg
I acutally have Take Her Deep

I always have some STP, Van Halen, Boston, Led Zepplin, and a big mix of 80's and 90's stuff. I really like just about anything.

Submariner409
06-02-09, 08:20 AM
If you want to drop your teeth over new vinyl and every sort of CD from commercial to pure audiophile, take a look at www.musicdirect.com. Nowhere near as inexpensive as Jesda's used record shop..........