: DC area Tuner - Prayers answered

qqik4u
05-28-09, 03:47 PM
Let me start off by explaining my long running issues and then get to the good stuff.

It has been more than two year I have been complaining, that there is no one in the DC metro area that knows how to tune a maggied car. I have had "bucking" issues since the tune from Tony's corvette (never ever go there). Tried various options but no permanent fix. Lindsay guys can support my frustration as they were frustrated as well. So, with the help of God "Luke" - He calls me up and says, there maybe a shop that can help me, but he is afraid to send me on a rat hole. But as bold as I can be, take the chance and try out this shop named BEHE PERFORMANCE.

Just got my car back from them after two weeks - Nothing but pure joy as I had the following issues along with bucking.

1. Maggie installation (Crapy - done by Moore Cadillac - never go to them)
2. CAI tube not secure
3. Fuel consumption 9 - 10 miles on the Highway :crying2:
4. Tony's corvette did the tune and showed numbers that I was making 476 at the wheel (bU** S88IT. Hmmm - then why is my ass handed to me by a stock V )
5. Re-configured my MAF, intall new spark plugs, re-wires, - nothing helped with the original problem by Tony and I was down thousands of $$$.

Guy's at BEHE PERFORMANCE - Did not tune my car, they completly re did my setup and showed me so many problems that I was living with. Even they felt bad for me.

Now they made the car run efficient, harder (boy does it pull hard), and the maggie screams with joy.

I am very happy with their work and like to Thank them and Luke for looking out for me. Finally, after two years - I know what a maggied V feels like. Before I was just carrying extra 100 lbs. Look at the dyno with old setup with maggie and cleaned up setup by the tuners and what a difference. OH BTW - They did install a Comp Cam from Lingenfelter as well. Now the car is truly a BEAST.

ANYONE LOOKING TO TUNE THEIR CAR IN DC AREA - PLEASE CONTACT JOHN AT BEHE PERFORMANCE. THEY WILL ALSO BE OUT AT THE V III DAY WITH A ZR-1.

KTompk1009
05-28-09, 04:01 PM
Quick,

I am sure you are glad it is finally right. It sucks knowing the potential is there, but no one can tune it right :banghead:, or they tell you its all good and eagerly take your money. Congrats, I'm sure new tires will be next, or maybe a new rear end? N'JOI

trukk
05-28-09, 04:04 PM
Great info.

Glad you car is finally running great Mick.

-Chris

justin311
05-28-09, 04:11 PM
I bet you would highly recommend a maggie to me now? huh Good news.

MIKEC
05-28-09, 04:14 PM
hey qquik you got a phone number and address for them i'm looking for a cam swap in july.sounds like you need to take a few days off and drive that beast.

thebigjimsho
05-28-09, 04:21 PM
Good to know. I like my V as is but if I ever do a cam, I'll give them a call...

qqik4u
05-28-09, 04:42 PM
hey qquik you got a phone number and address for them i'm looking for a cam swap in july.sounds like you need to take a few days off and drive that beast.

Mike: there number is 410-489-0230

DC area guys : Let me know how more info I could provide:

qqik4u
05-28-09, 04:47 PM
I bet you would highly recommend a maggie to me now? huh Good news.

Maggie all the way my friend:

Here are the specs on the CAM: - This cam is not loud and works well with maggied cars.

Lingenfelter GT2-3 Camshaft 350-383-427 LS1, LS2,LS3,LS6 207/220 .571/.578 w 1.7 rocker 118.5 CL

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
05-28-09, 04:55 PM
DC,VA,MD,PA,etc guys I am thinking about doing a cruise/meet out at Behe performance later in the summer (after Vday3). they REALLY know what they are doing at this shop (very refreshing).

CTSV_510
05-28-09, 05:16 PM
Cool! Glad to hear you got everything worked out.

And adding a cam always helps, ;)

rjoffe
05-28-09, 06:38 PM
Mick, That's good stuff. How were they cost wise ? Not looking for $$$, just were they reasonable ?

DisposableHero
05-28-09, 06:53 PM
so what was the problem?

qqik4u
05-28-09, 11:16 PM
so what was the problem?

The major problem was the way the tune was done, but in order to do the tune the correct way there were too many problems with the install of the maggie from the start and the fuel to air ratios were way off. But so many fixes had to be done to resolve the major bucking issue that I had been living with for over two years and the under powered maggie.

I am not the one to be so technical, but the tuning folks explained that there were too many underlying problems before the tune could be done correctly.

qqik4u
05-28-09, 11:19 PM
Mick, That's good stuff. How were they cost wise ? Not looking for $$$, just were they reasonable ?

They are very reasonable as compared to other tuners I dealt with and paid for. Ron - I absolutly recommend them for our group.

Mick

soundexp
05-29-09, 10:01 AM
DC,VA,MD,PA,etc guys I am thinking about doing a cruise/meet out at Behe performance later in the summer (after Vday3). they REALLY know what they are doing at this shop (very refreshing).
Luke....sounds like a great idea. I certainly would participate.

Mike

Tao_Haus
06-01-09, 03:12 PM
Amen, D.C.-area brethren.

I just dropped my V off at Behe today -- they did the dyno check last week. Pricing wise, they aren't at all unreasonable. I'm just glad to have someone who can listen, knows (a lot) more than I do and clearly has some LS experience.

John really seems to know his stuff, man. You should see some of the monster GTO's they've got stashed up there -- they've got one there now with a custom rear end like nothing I've ever seen. It looks stable & strong the way they did the cradle etc. Wow. (Maybe they'll post some pics.)

Last week while I was there, I saw the black V with the (now local legendary) Maggie tuning problems after Behe retuned it. It was running like a kitten (I watched it go in & out for the test drive) and the dyno sheets were amazing (especially the before after Behe reinstalled & tuned it).

Luke, my thanks for pointing me his way.

Tao_Haus
06-01-09, 03:14 PM

I'll go & bring my V, Luke. For sure.

bdubbs
06-01-09, 03:23 PM
Do you have a graph with the A/F ratios?

qqik4u
06-01-09, 04:31 PM
Do you have a graph with the A/F ratios?

Yes I do. See the enclosed file.

qqik4u
06-01-09, 04:36 PM
Amen, D.C.-area brethren.

I just dropped my V off at Behe today -- they did the dyno check last week. Pricing wise, they aren't at all unreasonable. I'm just glad to have someone who can listen, knows (a lot) more than I do and clearly has some LS experience.

John really seems to know his stuff, man. You should see some of the monster GTO's they've got stashed up there -- they've got one there now with a custom rear end like nothing I've ever seen. It looks stable & strong the way they did the cradle etc. Wow. (Maybe they'll post some pics.)

Last week while I was there, I saw the black V with the (now local legendary) Maggie tuning problems after Behe retuned it. It was running like a kitten (I watched it go in & out for the test drive) and the dyno sheets were amazing (especially the before after Behe reinstalled & tuned it).

Luke, my thanks for pointing me his way.

I wonder who you are speaking of hmmmm:thumbsup:

Luke is the finder and I would be the first CTS-V to try them out - again anyone close to these guys - Don't hesitate, just follow the leed and you will not regret it.

Mick :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

benb870
06-01-09, 05:03 PM
Mick,
this news is music to my ears! I too have been battling with Tony's even up to last week. Back and forth and back and forth I have been so upset with the car I am ready to get rid of it. :banghead: I love my car and it is what i want but, the problems have out-weighed the joy i get from it. i cant drive the damn thing, because of the issues. this has been going on for almost 5 months, basically making payments on something that looks cool in my garage. I will be calling this place and make an appointment, i just hope they can fix the SAME problems on my car as yours. (I think we were having the same issues) I was even toying with the idea of taking the car to PA to John Lund Racing. Mustang guys swear by him. I was running out of ideas and i was getting desperate! :ill:

Let's see if my prayers will be answered too. :halo:

benb870
07-22-09, 09:27 PM
well, I just got my car back from BeHe after about 2 weeks, and I would have to agree with Mick, they are on top of their game. John knows what he is doing. It turns out the problem with my car was a fried magnavolt ECU. it was due to a fuel pump issue. this was cutting off the fuel pump whenever it shorted out, driving or at start up. anyways to make a long story short, they fixed some fuel lines, and some wiring, and made some big adjustments with the tune. I am still waiting for the new magnavolt to come in, and get hooked up with the final tuning, but just from what they have done at BeHe, it's been a world of difference. MD, VA, & DC guys take your car here. do not waste your time and money with Tony's Corvette Shop. In fact I heard that Tony's will no longer work on CTS -V's now. Tony's uses HP Tuning and BEHE uses EFI live, which is a professional software used for R & D. HP Tuning can be bought bu anyone and loaded on a laptop for guys to tinker with their tune. After taking my car to BEHE, it shows that Keith at Tony's Corevtte has no clue what he is doing. If anyone has any questions please give me a call, i'd be happy to recommend BEHE. 240-205-2390.
Ben

Luke, if you put together a car meet I'll be there! :)

MIKEC
07-22-09, 09:39 PM
Hey ben if you don't want to wait for the magnavolt and you need your car on the road now i have a spare brand new in the box that magnuson sent me after we thought it was the magnavolt but turned out to be the ground. I'm in oxon hill md you can get this one and give me the other one whenever it comes in so your vehicle won't be down for a long time.

trukk
07-23-09, 07:43 AM
Hey ben if you don't want to wait for the magnavolt and you need your car on the road now i have a spare brand new in the box that magnuson sent me after we thought it was the magnavolt but turned out to be the ground. I'm in oxon hill md you can get this one and give me the other one whenever it comes in so your vehicle won't be down for a long time.

WOW,

It's stuff like this that makes this forum so awesome. What a gesture Mike!

-Chris

CTSV_510
07-23-09, 10:13 AM
Tony's uses HP Tuning and BEHE uses EFI live, which is a professional software used for R & D. HP Tuning can be bought bu anyone and loaded on a laptop for guys to tinker with their tune.

I think you may be mistaken on the software differences...both can be bought by anyone and loaded onto a laptop to tinker with your tune. They are different pieces of software but they accomplish the same thing, kinda like Internet Explorer vs Firefox. The software that a tuner uses does not reflect their abilities, but their customer relations and final product sure do!

Glad to hear everything is in order for you. :thumbsup:

qqik4u
07-23-09, 11:02 AM
Sooo Glad you guys are listening - I am proud to have their sign on my window as well. They are great (Thanks John Behe).

I am still soo happy with my car and loving the power - again I know what maggied CTS V can do - After the fix: way too many kills to mention (but in them were C63, M3, NEW Camaro, and handfull of Cobras)

benb870
07-24-09, 02:17 PM
MikeC, thanks for the offer its really nice of you to do that, however the car is running now with a bypass in place. I will wait for the new Magnavolt to come in since I already bought it and it's on the way , it should only be a week and i can wait. I guess it is a matter of the tuner and them knowing what the heck to do with these cars. Please listen to me and save Thousands of $$$, headaches, :banghead: time, and dont go to Tony's. :bomb: IMHO. John at BEHE knows his stuff and delivered on what he said he could do. :yup:

Hopefully we could put together a drive in there with Luke sometime this summer.
Ben

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
07-24-09, 02:41 PM
MikeC, thanks for the offer its really nice of you to do that, however the car is running now with a bypass in place. I will wait for the new Magnavolt to come in since I already bought it and it's on the way , it should only be a week and i can wait. I guess it is a matter of the tuner and them knowing what the heck to do with these cars. Please listen to me and save Thousands of $$$, headaches, :banghead: time, and dont go to Tony's. :bomb: IMHO. John at BEHE knows his stuff and delivered on what he said he could do. :yup:

Hopefully we could put together a drive in there with Luke sometime this summer.
Ben

Definately doing a cruise/meet/open house with Behe later in the year. will most likely have a date next week......

MIKEC
07-24-09, 06:07 PM
I'm in whenever you guys set up a ride .as you know my maggie went out on me lindsay shipped it next day air on mon jul.13th the guys at magnuson inspected it and shipped a brand new one back to lindsay immediately and it arrived on july 17th. Got a call from lindsay on july 21st car was ready for pick up. I'll be picking it up on mon.the 27th i had them change plugs ,wires,filter and oil it was that time anyway i'm approaching 50,000 miles so i'm ready when you guys are.

thebigjimsho
07-24-09, 08:55 PM

WOW,

It's stuff like this that makes this forum so awesome. What a gesture Mike!

-Chris
Agreed, the only thing that makes it better is spooning with guys like Chirs or Jimmy, Jerry or Tony. Jon leaves with his girlfriend...