: My 06 SRX is worth muchos dineros!

treslados
05-28-09, 01:16 PM
Got a letter from my dealer the other day, proclaiming my 06 SRX was in great used car demand and they were willing to pay super top dollar for it.
The SRX has just hit 40k. I'm single, so all the other seats have maybe been sat on a total of 10 times, max. My everyday cruiser is a Sebring ltd, so the Cad sits in the garage. On occasional week ends it makes the 150 mile round trip to Austin.
The engine purrs. No scratches, door dings, scuffs, nada.
Because it was in such good shape they offered a whopping $14, 250.00!
Feigning surprise and delight, I asked how they could stay in business by paying so much for trade ins. The reply: "Cadillacs have a very high trade-in value."
They also had an o8 SRX with 50 k in well-used condition for only $26,000.00.
Blah blahblah...:cool2:

GMJim
05-28-09, 02:22 PM
Nothing like a swift kick to the scrotum.........

c5 rv
05-28-09, 07:25 PM
How could you say no to such a deal?

treslados
05-28-09, 07:43 PM
My daughter is borrowing the vertible for summer school. Dat means as of tonite the SRX will become my daily driver. Guess I'll jez try to git the XM dealio n learn to cook, :cool:cause the SRX in town she do likes to drink!
Cadillac can put a/c in the seats, yet can't re-program a solution fer better N-star gas mileage. I wonder:hmm: if taking out the third seat would help... Anyone know why an SRX is 800 lbs heavier than the DTS?

c5 rv
05-28-09, 08:30 PM
Anyone know why an SRX is 800 lbs heavier than the DTS?

It's heavier, but not 800 lbs. Cadillac.com lists the DTS at 4009 lbs. The SRX is listed between 4,164 (2wd V6) to 4,442 (AWD V8). The AWD Acadia is about 4,800 lbs.

Northern SRX
05-29-09, 05:29 AM
It's heavier, but not 800 lbs. Cadillac.com lists the DTS at 4009 lbs. The SRX is listed between 4,164 (2wd V6) to 4,442 (AWD V8). The AWD Acadia is about 4,800 lbs.

True - but those SRX figures are without ultraview and 3rd row. If you add those 2 things to the equation, the V8 AWD has to be at least 4600 lbs.

No doubt about it, the N* is a thirsty gal. The V6 is better but by enough to choose it over the N* for this reason alone. IMO, natch.

As for the value of a used SRX, it is settling down but the V8s' value plummet rather quickly it seems and the V6 is only (again) marginally better. The current economic conditions and GM's very public woes are not helping.

That being said, we scored a good enough deal on our '08 V6 and resale is so far away for us that it's not a big concern.

YMMV

Superjim
05-29-09, 07:25 AM

I think the weights on the website may be DRY WEIGHT.

The title on my 2006 lists it at 4200 lbs.

I ran it across a CERTIFIED scale at a truck stop about a year ago.
With me in it, about 25 lbs of stuff in the trunk and and about a half tank of fuel, it weighed just a hair shy of 4700.

I weigh about 185.

Texas Jim

TSS
05-29-09, 08:58 AM
Cadillac can put a/c in the seats, yet can't re-program a solution fer better N-star gas mileage.

I truly never got that either. Our N* in the SLS gets great gas mileage, I can hit 29 easily on the highway driving conservatively. I know, not the same thing. But how about the fact that my AWD 07 Lade gets better highway mileage than I was ever able to attain on my 06 N* AWD UV 3rd row SRX? City driving in the Lade is a little worse than the SRX was. It still just does not make sense to me. And, the smallish tank added insult to injury, as I was filling up 2X per week. Great powerplant, great vehicle, but the gas mileage remains a mystery to me when compared with other GM vehicles.

conedoctor
05-29-09, 10:38 AM
My 05 2500HD 4X4 Crew gets better mileage then my 04 V8, my Dmax makes the same power now can I get one to fit in ;)

Agreed power is great and all but dude come on lets get some bettre mileage.

treslados
05-29-09, 05:34 PM
Eggzactahmoondo! Even as heavy as the srx is, the Nstar should be able to maintain a 17 mpg in the city. Besides, the back seat remains folded down.. shouldn't the account fer sumpin?!
Again, if GM engineers can figure out :stirpot:how to place tiny a/c units in a DLS seat just so cold air can be dispersed over one's butt, why didn't someone, during the design phase holler out, "Daaammnn! This here SRX shore do drink lot's of gas, :alchi:especially in the city! Whooeee, she's purty, but she ain't no cheap date, if'n you know whut I mean..." Or sumpin like that. Go figure...

TSS
05-30-09, 01:34 PM
why didn't someone, during the design phase holler out, "Daaammnn! This here SRX shore do drink lot's of gas, :alchi:especially in the city! Whooeee, she's purty, but she ain't no cheap date, if'n you know whut I mean..." Or sumpin like that. Go figure...

The factory is a stone's throw from my office. I remember hearing something like that from outside my office window on an unusually warm day in the spring of 2003. It wasn't until I bought my 2006 SRX a few years later that I finally understood what it all meant.

louisn
05-30-09, 03:04 PM
Eggzactahmoondo! Even as heavy as the srx is, the Nstar should be able to maintain a 17 mpg in the city. .
My 2006 Accord V-6 gets 17 in the city--my wife's Northstar SRX gets 12-13. We need to be realistic. If there a astop sign or light every 1/2 mile mpg will be very low with whatever you drive especially with a performance engine like the Northstar and a heavy SRX.:thehand:
New EPA mpg estimates are very accurate in my experience with my two vehicles.:tisk:

TSS
05-31-09, 11:21 AM
^^ For me, the highway mileage is the issue. I expected pretty poor city mileage in the SRX. Buy why does my heavier, less aerodynamic, AWD 6.2 403 HP Lade get better highway mileage than I got with my SRX? That is the million dollar question for me. Again, really not a major complaint, except for having a point of reference with the Escalade. Nobody buys a N* SRX for the mileage. :o

treslados
05-31-09, 08:03 PM
I am aware of the http://www.fueleconomy.gov and looked up the SRX prior to purchase. I purchased knowing this would be my occasional cool looking Caddy cruze bomba. Hot rodders understand my "I don't need no steenking MPG" rationale.
Other rationales for our SRx's gulping gasoline aside, point is, when it comes to piss poor MPG numbers, someone @ Cadillac should have addressed the PPMPG issue directly during at least the secondary design & development phase. Perhaps the decision to produce a poor gas mileage vehicle is just one of the many bad decision examples which, just like in other businesses, leads to failure and eventual bankruptcy.
Betcha the vast majority of SRX'ers on this forum would have said something..
Thing is, gas prices have been creeping up, as opposed to the prices leaps experienced this recent last time around. And if any of you ol' timers recall, when the prices creeped up the last time a long time ago, the prices stuck.
All conspiracy issues aside, I just feel GM engineers can re-visit and re-configure/re-map the programming on the SRX so that better MPG could be realized. A Nstar powered SRX platform should be hitting better, das all...

louisn
06-02-09, 08:53 AM
I disagree...AGAIN..and rise to defend the SRX. THE SRX Northstar is a performance, luxury, very powerful SUV.and gets equivalent gas mileage as other comparable SUV...325 hp+ and 4500 lbs+.
I reiterate: My City driving: 17mpg for a 6 cylinder Accord (244 hp- 3500lbs) ...12-13 mpg for a Northstar SRX...same routes.

treslados
06-04-09, 01:09 AM
First, not putting down a vehicle I chose and payed muchos dineros for. Just pondering the why as to why a low MPGs vehicle reached the production line in the first place, along with it's low trade-in value. Anywayz...

Jez found out the SRX rear is geared @ a 3.73. This would explain both the great launches at the stoplight, as well as the poor MPG. Also the tranny is geared different from the sedans. So it's either gain a mundane take off + gain MPG or leave this sleeper street rod alone. Guess I'll take a wait n see. Now it be time fer a Fanta orange:alchi: