: In case you were curious....

ewill3rd
05-28-09, 09:31 AM
So as many of you know I have been making a lot of trips to Russia lately.
I just came back from my third and here is the deal.

My wife and I just went through the process of adopting a child from Russia. He is a little boy about 2 1/2 years old named Vladimir and he is just an angel.
The adoption agency has asked that I not talk about some details online but suffice it to say it was a long and painful task. I didn't want to talk about it too much anyway since I didn't want to get any more hopes up than my immediate family but now that it is over and he's at home I am more than happy to talk about it.

The trips were long and tiring, the cities were crowded and dirty but seeing my little boy's big smile made it all worthwhile. We brought him home last Saturday evening and now he's a dual citizen. He is such a good boy and a real joy to be with. I had to come back to work this week because I am running out of money after taking so much time off so I miss him quite a bit.

If you guys want I'll post up some pictures so you can see the little guy.
I sure love him. Did I mention how awesome he is?

Anyway, looks like this Father's day I get to celebrate twice as much!
Oh, my older son went with us on the final trip to bring his new little brother home and he had a total blast. The adjustment to two kids in the house is a bit rough for him but he's doing great.

Just wanted to share with you all since I have a lot of friends on here.
Thanks in advance for any kind words you have to say about this whole thing. :cloud9:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y161/ewill3rd/Vova.jpg

RightTurn
05-28-09, 10:11 AM
Congrats to you and your family, Bill!! :heart: This is wonderful news; Vladimir is a lucky little one. Blessings to you all.

Edit to add: I'd LOVE to see a pic, Bill. :yup:

The Tony Show
05-28-09, 10:36 AM
Simply fantastic Bill. What a wonderful thing for both Vladimir and you and your Wife. My son is a little over 2 years old, and it's a fun age.

CadillacGurl
05-28-09, 11:05 AM
Yey! FINALLY! I'm so happy for you Ewill :D I love his middle name :lol:

Ranger
05-28-09, 11:09 AM
Congrats to you both.

ted tcb
05-28-09, 11:18 AM
So happy to hear a good news story for a change.

Sensatonal picture, your little guy's smile jumps right off the page at us .... you are both blessed to
have found each other.

RightTurn
05-28-09, 11:25 AM
Dang, my work filters won't let me see the pic. :pms: I'll have to look when I get home. Congrats again, Bill.

CIWS
05-28-09, 11:47 AM
Congrats ewill on the new addition. He looks like he's quite happy. :)

How old is your other son ?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-28-09, 12:57 PM
Congrats Ewill! Does he speak any Russian yet? Russian accents are bad-ass but he is young enough where he will probably pick up on your accent.

thebigjimsho
05-28-09, 01:54 PM
Just too awesome, Bill!!!!!

iowasevillests
05-28-09, 02:05 PM
Congrats Bill!

trukk
05-28-09, 03:34 PM
AHAH!, I knew I was right about your trips, although I was holding out a slim hope on a wrangling a 2nd wife, Big Love style.

Congrats on the new family addition Bill!

-Chris

nickc50310
05-28-09, 04:03 PM
Congrats Bill!

dkozloski
05-28-09, 05:53 PM
Welcome to the adoption corps. There are more than a few of us on the forum.

ewill3rd
05-28-09, 05:59 PM
Thanks everyone! He is a sensational child. I am so glad we found him.
I almost hate being at work because I want to play with him.

My older son is almost 7, a fantastic age for the trip to Russia and having a little brother. He's making the adjustment really well.
Kind of hard to find extra time right now.
I thought years ago that I would never adopt someone else's kid, but he just feels like my own and I love him very much.
All the doctors that have looked at him so far say he's just perfect. A little fiesty! :lol:

Niki helped me choose his middle name actually, Nikolai :lol:
I like the sound of it and it suits him.

I'll post more pictures later, pretty busy right now.

tdyguy2k
05-28-09, 07:20 PM
Congrats to you and your wife, Bill. Enjoy the kids while they're young.

orconn
05-28-09, 08:57 PM
Congratulations and very best wishes for you and your wife and your new family member!

Spyder
05-28-09, 09:35 PM
Haha...that's frickin' awesome! Congrats man!

slk230mb
05-28-09, 10:14 PM
Congrats man!

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-28-09, 11:18 PM
Congrats to you and your wife, Bill. Enjoy the kids while they're young.

Because then they turn into me and you have a bunch of crappy cars parked in the driveway! :D

gdwriter
05-29-09, 03:21 AM
What a great story. Congratulations to your entire family, Bill. Vladimir is as blessed to have you as you all are to have him.

Submariner409
05-29-09, 10:23 PM
................Takes one hell of a man and family to do that. Congratulations and best of luck.

Jesda
05-31-09, 03:07 AM
Welcome to America, kiddo!

tman2093
05-31-09, 06:35 AM
You going to get him an escalade power wheels for his birthday? Start em young!

Night Wolf
06-04-09, 02:58 PM
Just saw this.... congrats! Very cool!

ewill3rd
06-04-09, 10:33 PM
Thanks again everyone, he is doing just fine! He's such a happy boy and I am loving every minute I spend with him.
He fits perfectly into our little family.
I can't wait for him to meet the rest of his family down in Missouri.