: Crank pulleys are now ready for you guys.

wait4me
05-27-09, 09:45 PM
Hi, just to let you guys know, Crank pulleys with your choice of boost overdrive is now available.

I am going to do them for $800 a set including belt, lower idler pulley, and new bolt.

That includes your choice of ring size for boost increase. They are 5%, 10% and even higher for people AFTER we figure out the fueling add on needed...

You will have to choices on the kits. I have these ones that are pre made, OR

We had some special order fancy dampners made from another company that are set to accept the rings for boost sizes off of the 2003 cobra. They are higher quality pieces and you can order the rings thru me or thru a few online places.
The dampners with adapters are top of the line, retain stock accessory drives, and are what i use in all my high end horsepower vehicles. They are $775 for the dampner, and the rings will be around $130 a piece for your choice of size.
That will include the bolts and the belt if i can get the belt sizes you need for the size ring you want.

Both choices will be perfect for you guys, it is just going to give you a few options as far as dampners go. :)

Im going to be paying for your shipping also.

:) Tunes can also now be emailed to everyone with the fuel/spark maps needed for the handhelds..

Luna.
05-27-09, 09:57 PM
Very, very cool Jesse.

What is the expected/anticipated boost increase with the 5% and 10% overdrives, assuming one is starting at ~9psi boost?

Thanks!

qictrk
05-27-09, 10:13 PM
Jesse, for those of us that got the programmed ECM from you, do we have to send it back to get it reprogrammed for the 10% drive? Cecil...........

wait4me
05-27-09, 10:26 PM
Yes you guys get free updates for life on your tunes. You just send it over. However, the people with auto trans, There is a perameter that needs to be changed to allow more torque so i have to figure out a way to remote tune your tranmission for those with no handheld programmer...

As for boost levels. every 5% is about 3-4 psi gain i think.

Luna.
05-27-09, 10:33 PM
As for boost levels. every 5% is about 3-4 psi gain i think.

Holy sh#!

Really?

Possibly ~17 lbs of total boost? :jawdrop:

LOL. Wow. I think I'll be happy with 3-4 lbs of additional boost (~12-13 total boost). :D

wait4me
05-27-09, 10:35 PM
With the 5% over drive and the 2.55 upper im at 15-16.5 psi.

musclesbmf
05-27-09, 10:35 PM
So it looks like one option is $800 and the other option is $905. I'm confused as to which is better and what the real difference is. Will one allow for changes in boost level by replacing the "ring" and is one just static? Please, a little more detail. Been waiting on this for a long time, so count me in for one of these options.

Thanks,
Mark

wait4me
05-27-09, 10:44 PM
Both allow you to pick your boost size. That is what took so long to have them made. One is just alot more cost and i use them in the higher end motors we build. Rings should be around the same cost for changing boost amounts.

Both dampners allow the boost ring to be changed in 5 minutes.

qictrk
05-27-09, 11:42 PM
I'm definitely in for one, probably the $905 one with 10%. But, i have the automatic ECM tune and that will have to be figured out first. What if i ship the ECM to you and you tune it there on an automatic that you have at the shop. Won't that work? Cecil..........

RapidRob
05-27-09, 11:51 PM
I'm in for one of these also Jesse. But I need to know what the advantage is, if any, between the two. You said one is more fancy than the other - do you mean that it's made of btter materials, or what?

Also, will a performance tune update/email be required for either of these pulley systems?

Thanks.

Rob

Titaniumseeker
05-28-09, 12:07 AM
I have an auto with your handheld max tune loaded. Is the third tune, which is the pulley tune, for this crank pulley mod or will I need an update?

kencav
05-28-09, 07:10 AM
+1 on seekers queston- my 3rd option on handheld is for pulley- is this fine-

Fubar75207
05-28-09, 07:32 AM
Would you mind posting a few pictures of the kit?

1-2-N-V
05-28-09, 09:00 AM
Ditto!

1-2-N-V
05-28-09, 09:57 AM
Oh while on this subject. It seems that the crank pulley is a two section pulley, no?? It looked that way when i was doing my T stat. I assume that the diameter for the back section of the harmonic ballancer pulley will remain the same for the rest of the equipment it serves. Not sure but is the speed of these accessories to be at a certain rpm dictated by the pulley sizes or does that not matter because RPMs vary by the my the mashing of the pedal?:lildevil:

Certainly may have to at least take the fans out to get to the bolt(s). But this time i will let a pro do it for me. Anxious to here how it works out for some of you. I got the clear bra going on today and springs being ordered. so i will have to wait for the pulley. Maybe next month

CadV
05-28-09, 11:20 AM
I'm definitely in for one, probably the $905 one with 10%. But, i have the automatic ECM tune and that will have to be figured out first. What if i ship the ECM to you and you tune it there on an automatic that you have at the shop. Won't that work? Cecil..........

TCM is in the transmission. Get a handheld that is the easiest way.

CadV
05-28-09, 11:22 AM
I have an auto with your handheld max tune loaded. Is the third tune, which is the pulley tune, for this crank pulley mod or will I need an update?

+1 on the question. Looks like he can email it to us if there is a change. So we are in good shape.

CadV
05-28-09, 11:39 AM
Hey Jess,

What kind of HP gains are you seeing between the 5% and 10%? Nothing exact just your best guess. I am concerned about traction and pushing the motor to hard on the 10%. Also is the 10% overkill for someone without your exhaust?

You also mentioned a add on heat exchanger in another thread. Do we need one for these?

Thx

Luna.
05-28-09, 02:17 PM
Hey Jess,

What kind of HP gains are you seeing between the 5% and 10%? Nothing exact just your best guess. I am concerned about traction and pushing the motor to hard on the 10%. Also is the 10% overkill for someone without your exhaust?

You also mentioned a add on heat exchanger in another thread. Do we need one for these?

Thx

If I was a betting man, I'd go with 30-40 rwtq increase for the 5% overdrive; you'll DEFINITELY FEEL it. I would NOT bet, however, that going to 10% (by itself) is going to yield a 60-80 rwtq increase, as I believe some inefficiencies begin to rear their ugly head when you get boost levels that high without other modifications.

Granted, take my thoughts with a grain of salt, as I'm not nearly as experienced as many on this forum, especially Jesse, but that's my preliminary guess. :D

CadV
05-28-09, 02:57 PM
If I was a betting man, I'd go with 30-40 rwtq increase for the 5% overdrive; you'll DEFINITELY FEEL it. I would NOT bet, however, that going to 10% (by itself) is going to yield a 60-80 rwtq increase, as I believe some inefficiencies begin to rear their ugly head when you get boost levels that high without other modifications.

Granted, take my thoughts with a grain of salt, as I'm not nearly as experienced as many on this forum, especially Jesse, but that's my preliminary guess. :D

Jess got 559 rwhp out of swapping the blower pulley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-TMNn3XRxs&feature=channel

He had the airbox mod, stock exhaust and tune done at the time. Crank should give us more boost.

I am predicting 560-580 with the 5%. 10% is probably overkill until the fuel stuff is sorted.

I am doing the same as you and going with the 5%.

CadV
05-28-09, 03:02 PM
Here is his baseline before the blower pulley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ-h-_lknfQ&feature=channel_page

1-2-N-V
05-28-09, 03:19 PM
Is there a mathematical equation that would nail down peak HP at the crank using 560-580 figures? I love the RWHP but any ideas of the BHP? Or is there only estimates.

CadV
05-28-09, 03:39 PM
Is there a mathematical equation that would nail down peak HP at the crank using 560-580 figures? I love the RWHP but any ideas of the BHP? Or is there only estimates.

There was a really good thread on that topic but I could not find it.

The car comes rated at 565 hp and most people are dynoing between 460-480 rwhp stock.

1-2-N-V
05-28-09, 03:45 PM
Any one know where that thread was? Or knows the Math?

qictrk
05-28-09, 04:22 PM
TCM is in the transmission. Get a handheld that is the easiest way.

I don't have a lap top. Cecil........

CadV
05-28-09, 04:32 PM
I don't have a lap top. Cecil........

Handheld is an isolated device you don't need a computer. Only reason you would need a computer is when Jess emails you any updates.

I took some pictures when I got it:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/165399-wait4me-handheld-ecm-tcm-install-pics.html

Handheld is the only way to get the trans tune without going to his shop.

qictrk
05-28-09, 06:57 PM
Handheld is an isolated device you don't need a computer. Only reason you would need a computer is when Jess emails you any updates.

I took some pictures when I got it:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/165399-wait4me-handheld-ecm-tcm-install-pics.html

Handheld is the only way to get the trans tune without going to his shop.

Thanks CadV, that makes it a whole lot easier. I was thinking back, many years ago, when i had to use a lap top for my Syclone. Cecil.....

Luna.
05-28-09, 07:40 PM
Jess got 559 rwhp out of swapping the blower pulley.

YouTube - 559 hp 2009 cts v stock exhaust 2 55 pulley cold air box (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-TMNn3XRxs&feature=channel)

He had the airbox mod, stock exhaust and tune done at the time. Crank should give us more boost.

I am predicting 560-580 with the 5%. 10% is probably overkill until the fuel stuff is sorted.

I am doing the same as you and going with the 5%.

Aye, I think that makes good sense.

I dynoed at ~470 rwhp stock, then went to ~520 rwhp from a tune alone. That's about 50 rwhp from a tune alone. If Jesse got that much, that would leave the pulley swap generating another 30 rwhp, which seems in the ball-park.

I'll shot-in-the-dark estimate that I'll get 30-40 from the crank pulley and end up around 550-560 from the pulley alone. However, I'm also doing the American Racing headers, and Corsa, exhaust system, as well as Hennessey's cold-air intake, so I'm hoping for a tad more than that. :D

Jesse--what % overdrive does the 2.55" pulley equate to so we can compare the crankshaft pulley to the 2.55" blower pulley? Thanks!

Just curious...why interested? The number at the tire seems to be the truly important one.

Most of the time, I see people using 15% losses for the drivetrain and that makes decent sense assuming that 556 as a starting point and what people are seeing at the tires.

1-2-N-V
05-28-09, 11:05 PM
Hey Luna,

Well you know people like to here the bigger numbers and i like to tell them. When they hear 556 they just about fall over. So why not add it up. Isn't that what Hennessey is doing with his V700 package? That 15% math sounds fairly just as everyone who has put up their numbers has seen similar RWHP with just a tune or some kind of combo. If that figure is correct 556BHP x 15% = 473 RWHP

I dynoed at ~470 rwhp stock, then went to ~520 rwhp
This would equate to about 612 HP if you ad back the 15%. Add a pulley and you could be looking at around that 700 magic number. All the other breath better goodies, Heads and cam should should easily take you there. No doubt.

Just curious...why interested? The number at the tire seems to be the truly important one.

Most of the time, I see people using 15% losses for the drivetrain and that makes decent sense assuming that 556 as a starting point and what people are seeing at the tires.[/QUOTE]

wait4me
05-29-09, 11:03 AM
Just to help also on this. The cars are VERY different when you dyno them cold vs hot, vs different intake air temps, vs time running before floored. This could account for people gaining more power from tunes vs others...

This is a motor, just like any other motor. Timing can only be so high, and fuel can only go so lean before you have problems....

If you watch all my dyno vids, the car is run on the rollers until the car hits EXACTLY the same coolant temp, which in my case is 180degrees, And the same intake air charge temps. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes of running on the rollers to hit that... THEN WE DO A PULL. If you just do a startup and then dyno pull after sitting for 3 hours, your horsepower goes up, but only for the dyno and not real world conditions.. REAL world conditions are you driving down the highway and or thru the city and letting some poor sap with a m5 get his feeling hurt as you show him he paid too much for his car.... If you do a pull in our cars when they are completely cold, of coarse you will make alot more power on the dyno, but when is it really going to be that way when you are on the street...

If you look at timing tables, based on coolant, and intake air, you can see that they are able to apply alot more timing during that time. To be fair for horsepower gains, you need to have exact coolant temps, and exact intake 2 temps.. Then it is a fair honest gain.....

1-2-N-V
05-29-09, 11:53 AM
Bravo Jesse.
If all parameters being equal each time you pull, what would you say a likely loss % from BHP and RWHP? Using your figures should be a more reliable knowing that you have tried to keep all parameters being the same.

Fubar75207
05-29-09, 12:53 PM
Would you mind posting a few pictures of the kit?

+1 :o

CadV
06-03-09, 10:43 PM
Any chance on a video of the install?

Or can one of the dealership guys post how to remove the fans?

wait4me
06-04-09, 01:19 AM
Ill be posting FULL videos of every part i sell this weekend if i can get some time. As for pictures, i put some in the other thread that shows what stuff we are selling. :)