: Seats / Mirrors have a mind of their own!

trackbait
05-27-09, 05:42 PM
I've gone through the personalization menu's fully (I think). I've set seats and mirrors for proper recall after Easy Exit has been configured.

Now, sometimes the mirrors go where they should and sometime just one goes back correctly (after being in reverse back to drive).

The biggest annoyance is the seat back. Upon Easy Exit retraction, the seat back comes to the full forward position (you know...like the airline tells you to do on t/o and landings).

When I get back in go to drivers posistion, the seat back stays miserabley close to the same exit setting, but the seat moves forward as it should do and the mirrors are for the most part correct. I have to manually move the seat back to a more reclined position every time.

What did I do wrong? NAV model so doing everything from that touch screen.,

Ideas? -How to reset?

BTW - I only have #2 driver FOB configured for #2 driver. Waiting for a replacement FOB for #1, but that shouldn't have anything to do with anything. It's all driver 2 related and the settings. And....yes it has a new battery in the FOB.

WillySTS
05-27-09, 07:01 PM
Make sure it is on driver #2 check it when it does stuf wrong,....or...set driver 1 & 2 the same.

stevenriz
05-28-09, 02:38 PM
I can comment on the mirror. the mirror will point to the ground when in reverse "and" the mirror adjustment switch is on that mirror. ex. you are adjusting the driver's mirror and you leave the little toggle switch in the driver position. you place the car in reverse, the mirror will automatically point to the ground then back to normal when the car taken out of reverse.

EChas3
05-28-09, 09:42 PM
After setting things the way you want, you may need to save the settings again. Even if it seems they're remembered right, press & hold the driver 2 button again & wait for three beeps.

Be prepared to do the 30 minute learn all new FOB's when you get your replacement. The lost FOB will still be holding the Driver 1 position. The new one will go in as #3 and not have memory settings or remote start.

One disadvantage of the Nav update is only one exit setting instead of one for each driver.

ascariSTS
05-29-09, 06:07 AM
I have that mirror issue with the passenger side mirror... When reversing, it points to the ground... after switching to D, it goes up and points to the sky... Doesn't go back to the normal position.. although it's stored 100 times...

Angus Young
05-29-09, 06:13 AM
The mirror pointing down is a feature and not an issue, on my Lincoln I have the ability to toggle this feature on or off, its intent is to assist the driver in parking and not to curb your car and damage the rims

trackbait
05-29-09, 11:15 AM
Be prepared to do the 30 minute learn all new FOB's when you get your replacement. The lost FOB will still be holding the Driver 1 position. The new one will go in as #3 and not have memory settings or remote start.

One disadvantage of the Nav update is only one exit setting instead of one for each driver.

That is not my understanding of the long procedure on the Key FOB. I am of the assumption when you do the 3 10 min holds, ALL the FOBS are erased and can then do #1 (with start), #2 (with start) then 3 and 4 without.

Hope someone can clarify.....

On the one exit position, no problem with that for #1 or #2. Goes back plenty far - just need it to come back to original position.

Working on it this weekend.

EChas3
05-29-09, 03:58 PM
That is not my understanding of the long procedure on the Key FOB. I am of the assumption when you do the 3 10 min holds, ALL the FOBS are erased and can then do #1 (with start), #2 (with start) then 3 and 4 without.

Hope someone can clarify.....

On the one exit position, no problem with that for #1 or #2. Goes back plenty far - just need it to come back to original position.

Working on it this weekend.

I expressed myself poorly. The 30 minute procedure erases all FOB's. If you DON'T do the long one, then the lost FOB will hold position #1 and the new one won't have ....

Sorry for the confusion. I will probably be doing it Sunday on my wife's car. Wish me luck!

trackbait
05-29-09, 05:47 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I will probably be doing it Sunday on my wife's car. Wish me luck!

Let me know how it goes. Hope it doesn't brick it.

I thought about going up to the caddy dealers lot and park right by service and then trying it. If it bricks it, then just push the car in the service bay and have um do it right!:D

EChas3
05-29-09, 08:59 PM
I did read a post (buried somewhere) that stated it went fine for the poster. My dealer had to do it with my wife's car just after she bought it to match a replacement FOB they provided on an IOU she held out for. (She negotiates a better deal than I can. What a great... Oh, you fill in the blank). She made them sort it all out. That way her FOB to her car is #1 & I have #2.

Then I got my 2006 STS4. I wondered if the FOB matching procedure changes the FOB or the car. If the car matches to the FOB, then I should be able to set my #1 FOB as her #2 and never have to carry more than that one FOB and have access to both cars. A side benefit would be the extra FOB's being 3 & 4 for both cars for emergencies. But I didn't want to mess up my #1 FOB, so I needed to prove my theory.

As a test, I took my #2 FOB to her car and added it to my car as FOB #3. I figured it might not remember a Driver Setting or Remote Start but if it still worked in her car, it would prove that a car learns a FOB without actually changing the FOB.

Result? That FOB works fine as my #3. Her car no longer recognizes it to unlock doors, etc. Oh well, good idea anyway. Here's what's interesting. Because of my hesitation to perform the 30 minute procedure, I tried to get her car to to add that FOB as #3. It wouldn't do that either! It said 'FOB Already Recognized (or eqv.). The car must remember that it was once FOB #2 and won't program with her car. Now I'm planning a complete reset of FOB's on her car. I'll post the results on Sunday.

Beside being a great buyer, my wife has another endearing quality. When she sees one of those mobile radar signs like, "Watch your speed - We are." she takes it as a challenge to see how high she can run up! She loves her N*. I do, too!

EChas3
05-31-09, 02:53 PM
Rather continue my Hijack of this thread, I'll post my Fob programming results to: 'Key FOB Matching Procedure' later today.