: Pypes exh- you need to read this

smorgan
05-27-09, 09:03 AM
So I m going to put exhuast on the V. I always like to keep my cash local so I call their tech line, (Pypes is 3 miles from where I work) & tech guy says they dont have anything & nothing s planned but they are way cool cars & he wants one. I told him there was a deler that has a used one & we got talking that I was local & he advised me to email sales & if there was interest thay could use my car to fit it up.. Im like cool... Shoot off an email here is a copy.

Late model american muscle cars.
----- Original Message -----
To: Sales @ Pypes Exhaust
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: system

What is your scope?
To: "sean morgan"
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:50:20 PM (GMT-0500) Auto-Detected
Subject: Re: system

Unfortunatlly The car does not fall under our scope.
To: sales@pypesexhaust.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:48 PM
Subject: system

Hi, is there or will there soon be somthing on the books for the Caddy CTS-V? The 04-08 are all the same app and there are very few out there making kits right now. Choices are really limited to Magniflo, Corsa, B&B. I am local in Souderton & if need be you could measure up my 05 CTS-V.

I have replied & educated them on the V but I would take their system even if they gave me one.. Not to mention my fab guy that put my bar in my 71 Camaro said he has put 5 or 6 of their systems on & not a one of them went right on.

The Tony Show
05-27-09, 12:50 PM
Most confusing post this week. :wtf:

So what are you saying- that people should avoid Pypes exhaust?

SkullV
05-27-09, 12:54 PM
Most confusing post this week. :wtf:

So what are you saying- that people should avoid Pypes exhaust?

I was wondering the same thing, but I didn't want to be the first one to say it!

blue89bird
05-27-09, 01:25 PM
First - I have no idea what you're trying to get at. But assuming you mean avoid Pypes because they won't make an exhaust for our cars...

Who cares? There are probably less then 10k of them out there to begin with. Out of that 10k...probably less then 30% will ever mod them. That's a total of 3000 cars looking for an aftermarket exhaust...there's probably 10 other choices....so a possibility of 300 sales.

Now...how much time will they need to dedicate to develop this, manufacture this, test this, etc...it's probably not worth it.

We're not talking about a car in very high numbers like a Camaro/Corvette/Mustang

As far as having to modify it to make it fit - it's an aftermarket part, if you're not ready to have to bend/adjust/cut/etc you don't belong modding a car. You should always assume it's going to need some sort of work to make it work right.

BirdmanTamu
05-27-09, 01:54 PM
:yeah:

heavymetals
05-27-09, 02:06 PM
I would lower that 300 figure by a factor of 3.

Your right whoever posted about a confusing post! :bonkers:

CTSV_510
05-27-09, 02:14 PM
I think what he is trying to relay to us is that Pypes doesn't consider our car to fall into the "Late model american muscle cars" category.

:yawn:

:eek:

:tisk:

:rant2:

CadiBlk
05-27-09, 02:22 PM
Haven't been this uncomfortable reading a slang post since the the MikeNice era.

Oh and on the topic, I'd just save yourself the trouble and buy a Magnaflow; cheap, tested, and sounds great.

whisler151
05-27-09, 05:00 PM
Haven't been this uncomfortable reading a slang post since the the MikeNice era.

Oh and on the topic, I'd just save yourself the trouble and buy a Magnaflow; cheap, tested, and sounds great.

:yeah:

bandit6678
05-27-09, 05:01 PM
lol yea wtf is he getting at.. I have read this post twice and still dont quite get it. Pypes makes low cost exhaust, as stated above they are not going to take the time and money to create an exhaust for a few hundred sales max. also i have pypes on my 78 firebird and it fits fine.

ctsv154
05-27-09, 05:08 PM
Read from bottom to top, Its not hard to figure out. The guy was only posting to inform us that pypes think the V is not a modern muscle car. Give the guy some slack.

814V
05-27-09, 05:17 PM
:hmm:

just cut the mufflers off

smorgan
06-01-09, 03:20 PM
Sorry I should have flipped the posted email I thought most would have seen the timestamps. Yes I am just going to go the cheap route as the V is just a daily driver & weld up a set of stainless muffs & tips.