: Utimate Pedals Dead Pedal

stinkpalm
05-26-09, 11:14 AM
It seems silly, but wow, this new dead pedal makes a huge difference in comfort for long trips and the missing support needed for aggressive driving....and yes I do have big ugly feets :)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3583/3567149296_b73e938ab8_o.jpg

deedubb
05-26-09, 12:57 PM
Nice. I just bought a set (SRP) from a member here and will be putting them on in the next few days. Tell me, how hard was the install? It seems pretty straight forward. Do you just drill out the holes in the stock pedals, then screw the new ones in? What size drill bit?

Thanks and they look GREAT by the way!

rand49er
05-26-09, 01:48 PM
Hey, deedub, you may or may not have the same issue I did, but my pedals lacked some of the screws/nuts/washers I needed. Had to go to the hardware and get 'em. I installed little stainless steel ones with nylon locking nuts. Just get a drill bit that works with the size screws you have. Might want to get a extra one since you might break a bit and have to go back to the hardware.

Oh, one last thought ... take your time, don't rush it. :highfive:

EDIT: OP, your pedals look great!

stinkpalm
05-26-09, 01:50 PM
Nice. I just bought a set (SRP) from a member here and will be putting them on in the next few days. Tell me, how hard was the install? It seems pretty straight forward. Do you just drill out the holes in the stock pedals, then screw the new ones in? What size drill bit?

Thanks and they look GREAT by the way!

Thx for the compliment! Actually the setup I'm running there is the SRP (Autovation) pedals, then the Dead Pedal is from Ultimate Pedals. The autovation dead pedal was a joke...didnt even install it.

Its not too hard, just make sure to put tape on the stock pedals before marking holes for the new pedals, and use a center punch to make it easier to start the drill bit. I forget the size drill bit, sorry. I also used a couple 2x4s behind the pedals to keep them in place while I drilled.

Good luck, and enjoy the new pedals!

+ 1 on the extra drill bit..I broke one too!

thebigjimsho
05-26-09, 03:06 PM
Thx for the compliment! Actually the setup I'm running there is the SRP (Autovation) pedals, then the Dead Pedal is from Ultimate Pedals. The autovation dead pedal was a joke...didnt even install it.

Its not too hard, just make sure to put tape on the stock pedals before marking holes for the new pedals, and use a center punch to make it easier to start the drill bit. I forget the size drill bit, sorry. I also used a couple 2x4s behind the pedals to keep them in place while I drilled.

Good luck, and enjoy the new pedals!

+ 1 on the extra drill bit..I broke one too!
I'll be doing the same thing. I have the Autovation pedals but agree the dead pedal is too small. I'm also going to put in a different gas pedal with a machined face instead of the rubber inserts...

deedubb
05-26-09, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the info guys!

stinkpalm
05-26-09, 04:00 PM
I'll be doing the same thing. I have the Autovation pedals but agree the dead pedal is too small. I'm also going to put in a different gas pedal with a machined face instead of the rubber inserts...

You will love the dead pedal..especially since you seem to hit track days quite often <lucky>! My buddy has a complete set of Ultimate Pedals for his V, and they are so nice that the autovation set seems like a joke compared to them, but pedals are pedals + the autovation are lighter ;)

shadybx7
05-26-09, 05:08 PM
how much for just the dead pedal?? it looks like a solid piece. any links

stinkpalm
05-26-09, 05:45 PM
how much for just the dead pedal?? it looks like a solid piece. any links

It was a little high for my tastes..~$70 with shipping + shipping is super slow, since they custom make each order, but it is quality! :yup: I got the one with the flange...

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26_165&products_id=2896

c4ss
05-27-09, 12:18 AM
I think the ultimate pedals are of better quality, but they are considerably more expensive than the Autovation pedals. I'm happy with my ultimates but I paid out the ass for them for sure.

deedubb
05-27-09, 12:23 AM
May be a silly question guys, but do you need to remove the rubber pads off of the stock pedals before putting the new pedals on? I haven't gotten close to the pedals before so I'm not even sure there is a rubber pedal on the stock ones or not.

OldRoadDawg
05-27-09, 08:11 AM
May be a silly question guys, but do you need to remove the rubber pads off of the stock pedals before putting the new pedals on? I haven't gotten close to the pedals before so I'm not even sure there is a rubber pedal on the stock ones or not.
yess

shadybx7
05-27-09, 11:08 AM
:yeah: except for the gas & parking brake pedal.. i spent 30mins trying to remove the parking brake pedal and then just said fck it and installed the pedal over the rubber pad, similar to Rands story, SRP didn't provide adequate hardware for the parking brake so i had to scrounge up some bolts from the garage. I painted the heads flat black because they really stood out.