: hotchkis sways.. got em? like em?

bneal1022
05-24-09, 09:00 PM
I had a set of Hotchkis sways on my 2000 GTP Grand Prix. It virtually eliminated my body roll and that big heavy car cornered like a champ. I see hitchkis has a set for the V, not cheap = $400. anyone got em and like them? was there any pluses or minuses with before and after or the install?

:cool:

SkullV
05-24-09, 09:04 PM
Love my Hotchkis sways. Installed them at the same time that I installed my rear strut tower brace from Lindsay. The car feels infinitely more planted at the track. If you find a used set make sure to call Hotchkis and get the updated front brackets and collar kit.

rand49er
05-24-09, 09:12 PM
The V is so good to start with, I guess I didn't notice a major handling improvement (unlike Ted and I'm sure others).

Nonetheless, combined with the GC kit with Eibach springs and being lowered about 3/4", the car corners great! VERY flat.

Do it again? Heck yeah!

(BTW, you can unload your OEM bars to a CTS owner for a C-note. I did. :cool:)

Twitch
05-24-09, 11:55 PM
Glad I was too lazy to sell my stock bars. Just took the hotchkis off the front. I'm sure they make a difference at the track, but I didn't feel anything on the streets.
Its a very tight clearance if the car is lowered.

SoJersey05V
05-25-09, 11:44 AM
i want these soon also!

rjoffe
05-25-09, 10:13 PM
Love my Hotchkis sways. Installed them at the same time that I installed my rear strut tower brace from Lindsay. The car feels infinitely more planted at the track. If you find a used set make sure to call Hotchkis and get the updated front brackets and collar kit.

I did the exact same, and for me the difference on the road course was great. I could really feel what the car was doing, when it hit neutral and when it was fully loaded.

Ron

lollygagger8
05-26-09, 10:01 AM
I love mine (installed ZO6 links also) but make sure you get the collar kit! Without em, the stock links will most likely break like mine did.

SkullV
05-26-09, 01:36 PM
I love mine (installed ZO6 links also) but make sure you get the collar kit! Without em, the stock links will most likely break like mine did.

You have zo6 Links on stock springs? Has that done anything to affect ride quality? Was it hard to get them on there because they are shorter?

qqik4u
05-26-09, 02:00 PM
I did the exact same, and for me the difference on the road course was great. I could really feel what the car was doing, when it hit neutral and when it was fully loaded.

Ron

I had the same setup done recently from Lindsay guys. The car is so planted, can't wait for the V III day to see how well they perform on the track. On the normal streets love them on the corners.

Mick -

Bueller
05-26-09, 02:37 PM
You have zo6 Links on stock springs? Has that done anything to affect ride quality? Was it hard to get them on there because they are shorter?

Yeah that^

lollygagger8
05-26-09, 02:37 PM

Ya, stock springs. Didn't effect the ride quality what-so-ever.

No not hard at all. You just have to drill out the lower control arm hold to make em fit....but I haven't had any probs.

SkullV
05-26-09, 02:55 PM
Ya, stock springs. Didn't effect the ride quality what-so-ever.

No not hard at all. You just have to drill out the lower control arm hold to make em fit....but I haven't had any probs.

Hmm..good to know, I'm still weighing my options on lowering the car, and I'm having no problems with my stock links, but if I ever do I have the zo6 links waiting!

lollygagger8
05-26-09, 03:06 PM
Hmm..good to know, I'm still weighing my options on lowering the car, and I'm having no problems with my stock links, but if I ever do I have the zo6 links waiting!

You've had those forever I thought, no? Put em in Boss! :)

SkullV
05-26-09, 03:21 PM
You've had those forever I thought, no? Put em in Boss! :)

If it aint broke don't fix it! My stock links are fine for now, but if they break I already have the replacements.

lollygagger8
05-26-09, 03:41 PM
If it aint broke don't fix it!

Where was that advice before I started modding!? :lol: