: Need help with part #s for oem brake parts

jmyrick
05-24-09, 03:21 PM
Hey fella's, need to do a full brake job on my wife 05 STS V8 AWD 1SG. I looked up the front rotors and there are 2 different sizes listed 11.? and 12.? which size do I need for our AWD? Also need front and rear brake pads OEM, if anyone can steer me in the right direction for the part #'s for pads it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Jeff

BaTu
05-25-09, 06:59 PM
You need to find out what brakes you have. If they are the "performance" JE5 brakes the rotors are over 12"

You cal look at the options tag over the spare tire cover and see if the code "JE5" is there (the regular brakes are JL9 or something like that with a J&9 not sure cause I don't have 'em ;) )

The pads also need to be different between regular and performance so you'll need to check the code first.

Chances are you Do have JE5 brakes because I also have a 1SG STS4 and they're on my car.

jmyrick
05-25-09, 09:24 PM
I should have mentioned I have the JE5. Now if you can help me with the front and rear brake pad part #'s. I am ordering the parts online and I just want to make sure I'm getting the correct parts.

Go Cavs!!!!

Thanks again.

BaTu
05-26-09, 10:44 AM
Part # from whos pads though? There are So Many.....

I'd call Lindsay Cadillac (the recognized best sponsor/supplier here) and he'd be sure you got the right factory pads for sure! ;)

Otherwise, choose a manufacturer (like Hawk or somebody else) and specify JE5 (if they don't know what that is, go elsewhere)

I can tell you the part # of the Hawk Street Performance Pads I just put on......