: Where to Buy HPtuners?

SkullV
05-23-09, 04:22 PM
Hey guys, just wondering if someone can point me towards the best price out there for HPtuners. Temps fluctuate too much here in the Midwest to only have one tune year round.

NormV
05-23-09, 05:23 PM
Ted, try gto forums or corvette forums for sale section. You might save a few bucks. It's $500 direct or $650 for interface to run wideband or other things. It's 2 credits per late model car. It comes with 6 or 8 credits.

Norm

SkullV
05-23-09, 05:29 PM
Ted, try gto forums or corvette forums for sale section. You might save a few bucks. It's $500 direct or $650 for interface to run wideband or other things. It's 2 credits per late model car. It comes with 6 or 8 credits.

Norm

You can't run a wideband with the standard $499 VCM Suite?

NormV
05-23-09, 05:38 PM
You can but the software will not recognize it. The wb would operate as a stand alone.

I don't think you can. You have to have the MPVi interface. Jump on the hptuners.com forum to find out.

You can't run a wideband with the standard $499 VCM Suite?

wait4me
05-24-09, 12:18 AM
I have used efilive, new efilive. I can price match other software types if you arent stuck on them as your choice.

SkullV
05-24-09, 12:41 AM
I have used efilive, new efilive. I can price match other software types if you arent stuck on them as your choice.

PM Sent, but it seems like EFI live has a much smaller supported vehicle list...I was looking at 2000-2004 Police Interceptor Impala's as a daily driver and would like to be able to tune that too.

SkullV
05-26-09, 11:43 PM
Well I got Hptuners used for only $300! Now I am just looking for a wideband setup CHEAP. I can get the Full LC-1 setup with Innovate DB gauge for $196 shipped on eBay so something cheaper would be great! Please show me the way!

SkullV
05-27-09, 03:34 PM
Just picked this up for $190 shipped. That is $30 less then MSRP without shipping. The auction says best offer but the guy was only willing to go down 6 bucks on the price after 2 counteroffers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310142886149

lollygagger8
05-27-09, 04:06 PM
Nice find Ted!

Ya, practice on the Impala before the V :thumbsup:

trambow
05-27-09, 05:08 PM
I have a hptuners kit I would be willing to get rid of if you are interested?

BacDoc
05-27-09, 05:26 PM
I have a hptuners kit I would be willing to get rid of if you are interested?

How much?

trambow
05-27-09, 05:29 PM
Would like $400 it has a wibeband adaptor and I belive 6 credits left. I only used the one for the V.

SkullV
05-27-09, 05:38 PM
Would like $400 it has a wibeband adaptor and I belive 6 credits left. I only used the one for the V.

Standard or Pro interface?

trambow
05-27-09, 05:49 PM
I am 99% sure it's pro. I will double check when I get home and can get back to you.

BacDoc
05-27-09, 05:53 PM

PM me which setup you have when you get home. :)

SkullV
05-27-09, 05:57 PM
I am 99% sure it's pro. I will double check when I get home and can get back to you.

Great deal! I wish I didn't just send payment for the one I bought!

trambow
05-27-09, 05:59 PM
PM me which setup you have when you get home. :)

Will do!! Won't be till around 11:30 or so. Broke up with the GF so have to clean the apartment. Back to moms house here I come. LOL Already have a spot in the garage cleared for the V!!

BacDoc
05-27-09, 06:03 PM
Will do!! Won't be till around 11:30 or so. Broke up with the GF so have to clean the apartment. Back to moms house here I come. LOL Already have a spot in the garage cleared for the V!!

Fire sell!!!

:p

BacDoc
05-28-09, 11:16 AM

Awaiting your PM. Hope you're not too bruised up.

Twitch
05-28-09, 02:04 PM
Might be interested.
I got next in line!!!

So how does this work? I don't have a laptop, so I'll be using a friends for now. Seems easy to just transfer the software. Do you need to register, or does the program recognize a car and deduct credits? Hmm.....
Thanks

Tony

BacDoc
05-28-09, 02:08 PM
I was asking the same thing. I also need to know if it works on a W4M tuned pcm. Website says it may not work on other pcms.

CTSV_510
05-28-09, 02:27 PM
I was asking the same thing. I also need to know if it works on a W4M tuned pcm. Website says it may not work on other pcms.

wait4me uses EFILive

BacDoc
05-28-09, 03:50 PM
wait4me uses EFILive

I think he wrote EFILive. I want to know if I can basically go off his tune and tweak myself or if I have to use my stock pcm and start over.

Twitch
05-28-09, 05:01 PM
wait4me uses EFILive

I think he wrote EFILive. I want to know if I can basically go off his tune and tweak myself or if I have to use my stock pcm and start over.
Say what???
Does it matter? Isn't it just changing parameters? I wouldn't think its a whole different program.

trambow
05-28-09, 05:19 PM
I might have a stock PCM to, if you wanna keep your wait for me. Don't know why you would need two but. If his can't be unlocked..

BacDoc
05-28-09, 05:34 PM
I still have my factory pcm untouched. I sent Jes a couple questions. I'll let you know as soon as I get my answers.

trambow
05-28-09, 05:43 PM
Ok sounds good.

SkullV
05-28-09, 07:02 PM

EPP tuned my car on EFIlive and Pro Dyno Tech retuned it using HPtuners....no problem to switch over it will work just fine with the W4M tune. The car is stored in the specific interface. When you hook it up to a new car it will ask you if you want to license that particular PCM. The licenses are stored in the Interface controller.

BacDoc
05-28-09, 07:36 PM
So do I need to buy another license for my car?

SkullV
05-28-09, 07:39 PM
If you buy trambow's kit you will not need to purchase anything additional. He already has 6 credits left on the interface so you will have to use 2 of them to license your car and have 4 left to tune 2 other cars. You will not be able to use Jesse's license from EFI live though if that is what you mean.

BacDoc
05-28-09, 08:57 PM
No I'm not worried about anything with EFILive. I just wondered if I could just tweak a few settings he already had installed in my tune. Basically I'm wanting this so I don't have to put it on a dyno to see my A/F and stuff.

SkullV
05-28-09, 09:44 PM
If all you want is to monitor your AF then just get a standalone wideband controller and gauge.

BacDoc
05-28-09, 10:33 PM
If all you want is to monitor your AF then just get a standalone wideband controller and gauge.

I considered that but for this price I can't afford to pass it up!

Twitch
05-28-09, 10:51 PM
In this economy, why spend 400 when you can spend 200? :cookoo: Let some other sucker spend the extra $200 :duck:

BacDoc
05-28-09, 10:57 PM
$400 and I can help out some of my fellow V brothern.

SkullV
05-28-09, 11:00 PM

You can get an LC-1 DB gauge kit for $190 shipped that has full AF data logging software and cables included.

This tuning thing is hard so I wouldn't count on tuning any other V's anytime soon! Unless you already know what you are doing.

Twitch
05-28-09, 11:09 PM
"Look at me,,,I wanna help people" Your doing this for the glory,,,just thinking of your self.
J/K
Maybe I'll get a Diablo. Should be enough for what I wanna do. If not, I'll just let you tune my car :D
Good luck with it.

Tony

BacDoc
05-28-09, 11:12 PM
Well talk me out of it....

Does the $200 kit have the ability to adjust parameters?

BacDoc
05-28-09, 11:15 PM
"Look at me,,,I wanna help people" Your doing this for the glory,,,just thinking of your self.
J/K
Maybe I'll get a Diablo. Should be enough for what I wanna do. If not, I'll just let you tune my car :D
Good luck with it.

Tony

There's another local V owner that may be interested and not a tuner within miles that's all. I thought about the Predator too, just figure for the money this would be a bit more bang for the buck.

I'm not looking to tune much, really just looking to get side what's going on with my rich condition.

SkullV
05-28-09, 11:35 PM

There's another local V owner that may be interested and not a tuner within miles that's all. I thought about the Predator too, just figure for the money this would be a bit more bang for the buck.

I'm not looking to tune much, really just looking to get side what's going on with my rich condition.

Yep, the DB gauge kit comes with the LC-1 and the Logworks software that allows you to adjust everything having to do with the wideband controller. I have been playing with the software for a little while now and its actually pretty cool.

I wasn't trying to talk you out of it, just making sure its what you wanted before you spent a bunch of money! I would have jumped on that deal in a second if I could have! I got the Standard interface for $300 shipped which is a GREAT deal but now I have to do a bunch of extra wiring to get HPtuners to read the wideband AF since it dosnt hook right up like on the Pro interface!

Twitch
05-29-09, 07:07 AM

Yep, the DB gauge kit comes with the LC-1 and the Logworks software that allows you to adjust everything having to do with the wideband controller. I have been playing with the software for a little while now and its actually pretty cool.

I wasn't trying to talk you out of it, just making sure its what you wanted before you spent a bunch of money! I would have jumped on that deal in a second if I could have! I got the Standard interface for $300 shipped which is a GREAT deal but now I have to do a bunch of extra wiring to get HPtuners to read the wideband AF since it dosnt hook right up like on the Pro interface!
Wait-a-minute, after reading BacDocs question, and Skulls answer, it sounds like your saying the Inovative gauge can adjust your A/F. I know I read something wrong here. That cant be the case.

BacDoc
05-29-09, 08:27 AM
I still don't think a wideband setup will give me access like I want. I'm pretty sure I'll need a software setup like HPTuner.

:confused:

SkullV
05-29-09, 01:05 PM
Wait-a-minute, after reading BacDocs question, and Skulls answer, it sounds like your saying the Inovative gauge can adjust your A/F. I know I read something wrong here. That cant be the case.

No, it can't adjust your a/f. Like I said I don't know much about tuning at this point, and I hope one of the experts chimes in here, but I think when innovate says you can "tune" your engine just using the software provided they are talking about carb applications.

945liter
05-29-09, 02:21 PM
Im pretty sure all they mean by tuning is you can adjust your A/F on your OWN whichever way you do it using there Wideband.

BacDoc
05-29-09, 02:46 PM
Yeah I'm thinking it just gives you access to your A/F data and not the ability to adjust like HPTuners would. I believe even with HPT you're gonna need a wideband O2 setup in order to collect that data. So that's getting expensive.

945liter
05-29-09, 02:54 PM
You need a Laptop/ The Software / 200+ for a wideband then learning to tune if your buying tuning software just to adjust A/F thats a HUGE waste of money.

BacDoc
05-29-09, 03:06 PM
Yes, I've just recently realized this.

SkullV
05-29-09, 03:09 PM
Does anyone JUST want to tune their car? I have HPtuners standard with 2 credits that I would love to sell for $300 so I can get trambow's Pro interface!

Twitch
05-29-09, 05:32 PM
Does anyone JUST want to tune their car? I have HPtuners standard with 2 credits that I would love to sell for $300 so I can get trambow's Pro interface!
Hmmm, this might just happen.

SkullV
05-29-09, 08:14 PM
Trambow I have cash in had for your setup. PM sent I got dibs. Send me your paypal address and you will have a payment tonight!