: Rear Differential Question

hardywang
05-22-09, 11:48 PM
I did some search and realize that 04~05 V are known to have bad rear differential. Does new parts on 06 solve the problem?

If the vehicle is out of warranty what might be the cost (parts + labor) to replace it?

Kmajecki
05-22-09, 11:51 PM
The 06 is apparently slightly upgraded but can still fail, Most current solution is the DSS/DynoJetMan/Hendrix Axles which significantly reduce wheelhop but its a elatiely new fix so time will tell. Not sure of the cost of an out of warranty diff replacement. $3k-ish??

rand49er
05-23-09, 09:17 AM
:yeah:

OP, your post occurs right in the middle of what appears to be a major event regarding diff failures; this event is evolving as we speak.

NormV
05-23-09, 10:36 AM
It's not the diff as much as the driver's fault. There ar plenty of cases where the diffs are still running strong afte warranty expires. Like anything on a car it wears out and needs replacing. :)

Norm

hardywang
05-23-09, 10:40 AM
Opps, I don't know there is an "event" going on.

I am just doing my homework before I go ahead to buy a used CTS-V. It looks like the only major concern is rear differential, I would just like to know the cost I will be facing.

rand49er
05-23-09, 10:54 AM
This is just one thread of several regarding the "event" I was referring to:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/170071-hendrix-engineering-getting-know-you-axle.html

Depending on whether or not you do you own labor and buy a used or new diff, this may be your first choice when you evaluate on the basis of cost.

hardywang
05-23-09, 11:23 AM
Is there any instruction how to DIY? I would be happy to take a look.