: Recaro

nynd
05-22-09, 08:21 PM
Besides the heating/cooling feature and support, is there a big difference between the recaro and regular seats. Reason for asking is I'm looking at one with normal standard seats - 6 spd and debating if I should wait out for recaro?

jwa999
05-22-09, 09:02 PM
Start reading:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/160157-buying-cts-v-spring-recaro-seats.html

nynd
05-22-09, 10:38 PM
Thanks - I did do a search for Recaro.. didn't seem to find that thread. So conclusion seems to be... no favoritism, buy them if you want or leave them if you don't.

62Jeff
05-22-09, 10:45 PM
Besides the heating/cooling feature and support, is there a big difference between the recaro and regular seats. Reason for asking is I'm looking at one with normal standard seats - 6 spd and debating if I should wait out for recaro?

Note that the stock seats are heated as well. The Recaro's get the additional ventilation feature. Otherwise, yeah the referenced thread tells you all you need to know - which in my opinion - is to try both out if you can.

I was lucky, I was able to return the CTS-V-with-Recaro's and get one without those seats 10 days later, when I found the Recaro's offensive to my lower back problems.

Razorecko
05-23-09, 12:10 AM
^ did you try the ventilation feature on the recaro's ? I find mine to be reallly weak and when the weather is in the 80's is barely keeping my back cool

62Jeff
05-23-09, 09:35 AM
^ did you try the ventilation feature on the recaro's ? I find mine to be reallly weak and when the weather is in the 80's is barely keeping my back cool

No I did not, I had the car with Recaro's from Jan 31, until Feb 10, too cool to have needed the ventilation.

Vlakaz
05-23-09, 01:17 PM

Agreed. I was worried mine were defective, but the ventilation is very weak indeed. I tried placing a tissue on the seat in various places and the ventilation didn't seem to move it at all.

nynd
05-23-09, 03:07 PM
Somewhere I also read that they show more signs of aging as opposed to standard seats. That could just be people dragging their rears on the side bolsters as opposed to lifting themselves out. Standard seats I take it are flat so no trouble getting in or out.

62Jeff
05-23-09, 05:00 PM
Somewhere I also read that they show more signs of aging as opposed to standard seats. That could just be people dragging their rears on the side bolsters as opposed to lifting themselves out. Standard seats I take it are flat so no trouble getting in or out.

Here are the two cars that spent time in my garage
Recaro seat car, for about 10 days
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk114/rcktman1_album/2009%20Cadillac%20CTS-V/Recaro.jpg

Standard seat car, since Feb 10
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk114/rcktman1_album/2009%20Cadillac%20CTS-V/DriversSeat2.jpg

The standard seats are indeed a little flatter, but still somewhat contoured.

Jeff

Tony407
05-25-09, 12:56 AM
Thanks - I did do a search for Recaro.. didn't seem to find that thread. So conclusion seems to be... no favoritism, buy them if you want or leave them if you don't.

Exactly. I would have assumed that I would have loved the Recaros and was ready to be impressed, but wasn't. I'm sure they're a quality seat, but I personally didn't find them to be that comfortable at all. I prefer the regular seats by far. Too bad about losing the cooled feature though.

Tony

marktanner
05-25-09, 05:21 AM
As the other threads will attest, one either loves or hates the Recaros. I had an '08 CTS prior to my V, and I find the Recaros to be vastly superior to the standard seats, especially in lateral and thigh support. They are more snug, and are harder to enter and exit from, though. The ventilation is a bit weaker than on the standard car, but the cloth feels cool rather quickly, and the cloth feels cooler anyway. I find the seat settings to be more critical with this seat, and with so many adjustments there is ample opportunity to get it wrong, but once they are dialed in they are amazingly comfortable. The "racing" pedals are also a nice touch, and I really love the microfiber wheel that is only available with the Recaros. I think the seats and the microfiber wheel and shifter look better, also. $3400 + $300 is not cheap, however, but it is a popular option. Make sure you try it out for yourself, and adjust it until it's comfortable. Drive it and see how it enhances the feeling of control. Also makes the car feel more special, IMO.

Razorecko
05-25-09, 10:50 AM
you know what really pisses me off. The fact that for 3K recaro didnt put the suede/ventilation on the bolsters like they did in all the advertising photos !!

Mikevette
07-24-09, 03:40 PM
Guys

I'm about to pull the trigger on a V with Reccaro seats! CAn you give me the Pro's and Con's of these seats? Are they comfortable for long/short trips/daily use? I'm stuck between 2 V's on with and a 15 hour drive to pickup, or a V without and just 1 hour drive. Any insight to these seats would b\help me decide if they are for me or not. I'm 48 yrs old but would like the nice comfort of a smooth ride will the ride select suspenchion set to tour mode help the seats fell more comfortable until I switch it to Sport mode?

Thanks for your comments

Mike P. :yup:

NeedCTS-v
07-24-09, 03:45 PM
Guys

I'm about to pull the trigger on a V with Reccaro seats! CAn you give me the Pro's and Con's of these seats? Are they comfortable for long/short trips/daily use? I'm stuck between 2 V's on with and a 15 hour drive to pickup, or a V without and just 1 hour drive. Any insight to these seats would bhelp me decide if they are for me or not. I'm 48 yrs old but would like the nice comfort of a smooth ride will the ride select suspenchion set to tour mode help the seats fell more comfortable until I switch it to Sport mode?

Thanks for your comments

Mike P. :yup:

I'm really happy that I got them although I'm sure that others will disagree. You will need to spend some time adjusting them to get them right, between the seats and the 6M trans I'm in heaven.

This said, I'm sure that the standard seats would be more comfortable over extended trips but they just felt overly soft to me.

Hawkeye2
07-24-09, 04:05 PM
Lots of adjustments on the Recaros. I'm glad I have them, but it does take a while to get them right. I use both settings for me, since
I am the only driver. I love the cooling!

AuPanda
07-24-09, 04:09 PM
I'm mixed on the Recaro's. I never got a chance to drive or sit in one without so i can't comment there. It does take time and seat miles to find what works for each individual. At first I always felt there was a lump in the middle of my back but after about 1,000 miles I finally figured out what works for me.

jwa999
07-24-09, 04:12 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/160157-buying-cts-v-spring-recaro-seats.html

and with pictures:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/170242-recaro.html

4gear70
07-24-09, 04:19 PM
I love the comfort and feel of the Recaro's in mine! I wouldn't change them at all! They are great for both aggressive driving and for just cruising around or longer trips. As others have said, they do take some initial work to get them right but once you find that perfect setting you save it!
I did drive a bit with a car with the regular seats to try and although they are good, I like the Recaro's comfort and fit for me so much more! Oh, and the cooling feature is awesome in the summer!

Krug Ford
07-24-09, 04:47 PM
Recaros have the A/c that will blow threw the seats the standard ones only have the heated seats.

vperl
07-24-09, 04:49 PM
Made A 2500 mile home after purchase the regular seats are fine and comfortable, if you plan on being a "BR"
or track the V2 then you may need the seats, maybe in texas where they are full of hot air and the seats will be fine cool off the folks.

Your decision

Razorecko
07-24-09, 09:09 PM
the a/c in the recaro seats is weak as heck. Can barely feel anything

C6Z06
07-24-09, 09:09 PM
I'm mixed on the Recaro's. I never got a chance to drive or sit in one without so i can't comment there. It does take time and seat miles to find what works for each individual. At first I always felt there was a lump in the middle of my back but after about 1,000 miles I finally figured out what works for me.

This is how I feel about the seats also. I'm slowing getting comfortable with the feeling of "a lump in my back", but very glad I got them. Best part of the seats I enjoy is the cooling though.

allklr
07-24-09, 10:09 PM
I wish I would have done more research, I didnt know the Recaro's had the cooling feature. I would have gotten them just for that. The dealers I went to didn't even have any recaro's that I could try out. The V on the seats looks great compared to the metal strip the regular seats have.

OldRoadDawg
07-24-09, 10:28 PM
I love the cooling!

Oh, and the cooling feature is awesome in the summer!

Best part of the seats I enjoy is the cooling though.

3 positve and ...

1 negative on the cooled seats

Hmmm-m-m?

vperl
07-24-09, 10:33 PM
Just to keep your ass cool, seems a tad expensive

4gear70
07-24-09, 11:21 PM

Remember though that the fan is pushing against you blocking the ports with your body so it's not going to feel like a fan blowing air by your face. You should get your's checked out as mine works quite well.

Just to keep your ass cool, seems a tad expensive

uhh, your ass AND your back!.. and well worth it to me. It seems a shame that this feature on the CTS is included in the Comfort & Convenience Package but they removed this feature from the regular seats on the V2.

Caroutisine
07-24-09, 11:56 PM
I like the regular seats. Never liked to cooling featue on my STS seats, felt kind of creapy. I wouldnt pay extra for the cooling. The STS were not Reccaros though.

Caddyscat
07-25-09, 12:54 AM
Standard seats are meh. Recaros are BAD-ASS!!!!!!

vperl
07-25-09, 01:13 AM
Unless you got a hot butt & and need back support, and or going to track the V2, or drive the hi-ways like a druken fool..

The regular seats are fine, just fine, excellent . I'm spending the plus 3K on travel money around the US

marktanner
07-25-09, 05:01 AM
I've had both seats, and IMHO, the Recaros are superior. They do take a while to find the best setting, but then the comfort is awesome for both short and long trips. The lateral support is great, and adjustable too, while the standard seats have virtually none.. The regular seats are also lacking in thigh support, while the Recaros are better, and adjustable. The seats are cooled, which is nice, though not as important with the Alcantara inserts as it would be with the leather. The standard seats are easier to get in and out of, due to the decreased lateral support, but that same support is more in keeping with the capabilities of the car. They really make you feel at one with the car.

zevee
07-25-09, 08:38 AM
depends how much you enjoy driving, not much fun to do 1G without recaros, I love mine.

lavaman
07-25-09, 09:33 AM
If the standard seats were available with heat and air I would have selected them. At first I thought they would be good enough for my driving style.

Now that I have used the recaros for the last 2 months, I am glad I went with them. They are much more comfortable (Once adjusted to my liking) than what I had in my 08 CTS and with the ebony interior, the cooled seats are greatly appreciated.

BeagleBrains
07-25-09, 11:04 PM
Most dealers I have researched choose not to order any CTS Vs with the Recaro Seat Option because of the substantial cost hit. Therefore, "like them or hate them" is not a choice that can be made.:banghead:
I am 6'4" tall and have some reservations after hearing of considerable difficulty with the head rest alignment. You know what pisses me off? Spending $3400.00+ for a dead horse!:cookoo:
Once purchased, what then? Returning an automobile is much easier said than done. Not so simple.:suspense:

62Jeff
07-25-09, 11:30 PM
I am 6'4" tall and have some reservations after hearing of considerable difficulty with the head rest alignment. You know what pisses me off? Spending $3400.00+ for a dead horse!:cookoo:
Once purchased, what then? Returning an automobile is much easier said than done. Not so simple.:suspense:

I'm 6'2", 165 lbs, and I always theorized that I didn't weigh enough to sink my scrawny butt into the firm seat, and as a result the lower lumbar was always in the wrong spot for me. I was sick to my stomach, having bought a car I couldn't live with, in spite of my best efforts to get my lower back, and the driver's seat, to become more friendly with each other.

Fortunately 10 days after I bought my Recaro-configured CTS-V, my dealer did allow me to return the car, tore up the purchase paperwork, and sold me their other CTS-V with standard seats. I feel extremely lucky to have not made a $3,400 mistake, because I was prepared to put the car up for sale if I couldn't return it. The dealer went out of their way to make it a painless (no pun intended) experience for me. Although I could have gotten a better deal on the purchase price if I had ordered through a supporting forum vendor, when it came time to propose returning the car, I was very glad I bought 2 miles from home. I figure the chances of anyone returning a car under the same circumstances is 1 in a million.

BeagleBrains
07-26-09, 09:29 PM
I'm 6'2", 165 lbs, .... scrawny butt into the firm seat, ...lumbar ..wrong .... for me. I ....bought a car I couldn't live with,...

Fortunately my dealer did allow me to return the car, .. I was very glad I bought 2 miles from home. ..chance ..returning car ..1 in a million.

My local dealer is a national multi-state cheap low-budget outfit that will obtain a CTS V only via Dealer Trade. So, the likelyhood of a return for the "right car" exaggerates chances to >>>1 million to one!
Thanks for understanding. I also have not admitted that I am naive, waiting for the CTS V Coupe. What an exotic design. Please Obama overlords, stay out of my world.:thepan: Still wishing on one hand, even at my age.

JFJr
07-27-09, 04:31 PM
Lots of adjustments on the Recaros. I'm glad I have them, but it does take a while to get them right. I use both settings for me, since
I am the only driver. I love the cooling!I live in extremely hot and humid Florida and also love the cooling, especially after a workout at the gym. My girlfriend likes that feature, too; another plus!

wfo
07-27-09, 07:06 PM
Recaro's are so sweet. If you are into performance and stability like a good shoe, stability is absolutley essential to keep a solid posture. A performance oriented seat is especially crucial with with the kinds of G's these cars are capable of. Recaro's keep you planted. Overtime you will appreciate the Recaro's. This of course is just my .02 worth. But I absolutley love them.

tbss08
07-27-09, 07:33 PM
I've got the Recaro's and love them. It took about 1,000 miles fiddling with the adjustments to get it just right. I've been in the car for over 14 hours and felt better than either Z06 I had. I've had back surgery twice and the support the seats give is remarkable.
:thumbsup:

Krug Ford
07-27-09, 07:40 PM
I have them both in stock if any one is looking for one.

cadillacloverinnj
07-28-09, 06:24 AM
I have been both a passenger and driven in both types of seats. I Absolutely LOVE the recaro's because of the way they hold you in the seat and feel like they surround you somewhat. i didnt find the stock seats to be either as supportive or as comfortable as the recaro's. Plus, I like the way the Recaro's look better. :)