Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Do NS engines have an "air regulator"?

882 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Ranger 
#1 ·
I went to a car service a week ago ... and they told me that the "air regulator" needs to be replaced ...

I searched this forum with "air regulator" keywords but found nothing.. :bomb:

Does NS engine has an air regulator? and if there is .. what are the symptoms of a faulty one?

devill 98

thank you so much..

#3 ·
Thank you STSS,

I don't know, It doesn't shift to lower gears easily, and it is bogging so bad. they say you need to change the air regulator. is there an air regulator in these engines? and are these the symptoms of a faulty "Air Regulator"?

And yes, i'm in the Middle East, Bahrain.

I don't know if it is the suspension.

#6 ·
I'll bet you dollars to doughnuts that the Bahrain car tech is referring to the old "vacuum modulator" which controlled full and part- throttle shifts in older transmissions.

Read up on pulling the Diagnostic Trouble Codes for your car......at the top of these main pages: "How to pull codes". You want the system for OBD-II.

If you find a code which refers to TCC or TCC Stuck Off, do some searching in here and Cadillac Technical Discussion or Northstar Performance. DON"T let the repair shop into the transmission yet !!!!

#7 ·
Thank you guys,

I'm sorry for not giving much details, making you guess.

I'm not quite good at technical terms at all. even non-technical terms.

Ranger, I expected to see your reply to "my" thread. Thank you so much. and yes they might used different terms.

However guys, I didn't get much details from them. it was hot and humid outside at noon.

The car doesn't start fast. and the RPM goes up and down. and it stalls or bogs (don't know if there is much difference between those 2 terms and which one is the right one) however, when I press the accelerator pedal.. it hesitates..

There is no gas smell at all.

Thanks to Raze and submariner409 .. I got the codes:

p0322
p1660
b 2150

they are current.. don't know if I did a good job in pulling these codes... or if they related..

and I'm sorry again for not giving proper details from the first.

#9 ·
Don't ever worry about asking questions in Cadillac Forums. The more we all ask and answer, the more we know. Sometimes, answers to a problem that has been discussed at great length can be a bit tedious, but everyone benefits in the experience shared. Yes, we all get on our High Horse once in a while, but that's the "dammit factor", nothing else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.