: Blue Screen instead of OFF problem.

Professor Wizard
05-22-09, 03:39 PM
When I hit the Power Button on the Nav/Radio of my 09 SRX... Instead of going OFF... it goes quiet, and displays a bright solid blue screen. This is very annoying at night!

Is this an anomaly - meaning mine is broken! Or do others of you have this issue?

edharson
05-22-09, 04:29 PM
When I hit the Power Button on the Nav/Radio of my 09 SRX... Instead of going OFF... it goes quiet, and displays a bright solid blue screen. This is very annoying at night!

Is this an anomaly - meaning mine is broken! Or do others of you have this issue?

This is 'normal', and I agree, annoying at night.

Maybe this will help:

Text from the 2008 Owners Manual

Press the MENU key to enter the Menu options, then
press the MENU key repeatedly until Display is selected
or touch the Display screen button.

Display Off
Touch this screen button to turn the display off. Press
any hard key to view the display.

Ed

Professor Wizard
05-26-09, 12:24 PM
Thanks for that Ed... but I did already know how to turn off the display - - that was the very next thing I figured out when I learned that hitting the OFF button doesn't really turn it OFF!

It does make me wonder if that is "Normal" what freaking idiot of an engineer figured BLUE was the same thing as OFF!

I am thinking that Cadillac figured you would never turn it off!

Like, why would I want a button in the front that opens the back? Hundai and Kia include a Hatch button.. but not Cadillac! Or even, a gentle pull on the handle activates the power open! But... that is another subject!

The first time I saw the Power Off Blue Screen, I thought the nav Unit was using Microsoft OS and had just died! :)