: Power Steering Fluid Leak..

DTS_BOI
05-22-09, 12:56 PM
My car leaks power steering fluid. I get a few drops every day, and must add fluid about once every 4 weeks. It's messing up my garage floor. Is this a common problem and is there a common fix? Before I take the car in for service, I was wondering if many have experienced this problem??

BTW - I have a 05 STS-V8 RWD with 35K miles and no warranty.

Regards...

dhemrick
05-22-09, 08:36 PM
This happened to my STS-V at about 10K miles. If I recall correctly, there were some plastic fittings that had become brittle and cracked where the fluid lines go into the power steering pump. Mine was fixed under warranty, but I can't imagine that it would cost much to fix yours. If it's the same thing, I think it is a simple fix with cheap parts.

EChas3
05-22-09, 09:40 PM
Ya gotta fix it. My old Triumph is allowed to leave a trail, but not a Cadillac. I'd bet there's a hungry dealer or tech who could take care of it. Maybe ghemrick's right and it's not as bad as you think.

DTS_BOI
05-23-09, 09:01 PM
Thanks everyone! I will post an update when I get it fixed...

ramdog
01-26-10, 04:48 PM
Thanks everyone! I will post an update when I get it fixed...

Ever get it fixed? What was the issues? How hard to fix? I too have a PS leak and would like to fix.

ddgm
01-26-10, 09:35 PM
I too had a leak and it turned out to be a hose that went to the power steering cooler, not all STSs have this, I think. I have the ZF option. I replaced the hose and put on a couple of gear clamps instead of the spring type. Worked for me.

Doug

Wojciech
03-08-14, 03:25 PM
I too had a leak and it turned out to be a hose that went to the power steering cooler, not all STSs have this, I think. I have the ZF option. I replaced the hose and put on a couple of gear clamps instead of the spring type. Worked for me.

Can anyone tell me the part number.
Unfortunately I noticed fluid leak

Thanks!