: Nav System: Can't Change State

Umpquacod
05-22-09, 12:27 PM
Bought an Arizona "V" and had it shipped to Oregon. The nav system seems to work properly so far as knowing where it is but, when I try to input a local destination, the "address, city, state" screen comes up with Arizona as its base...and it won't let me out of that state. When the City or State buttons are pushed, a screen pops up saying "Cancelling Route Guidance" or some such, but no other options (city or state) appear.

I'm stuck in Arizona! :banghead: Anyone had this problem before...or know the trick to changing states?

Oh, yeah......previous owner had the nav system replaced under warranty. Nav is an '06 (car's an '05); factory booklet supplied for the nav is an '06.

Thanks,

----Mac

BacDoc
05-22-09, 12:42 PM
Took me a year to figure it out. And I couldn't begin to explain how I did it. I was in Michigan for a year. :lol: Worst setup I have ever seen.

Twitch
05-22-09, 12:48 PM
Check the stickey dude.

Umpquacod
05-22-09, 12:58 PM
Read the sticky before my post. Thought that only applied to being "stuck in Michigan." Guess being stuck in any state is about the same, huh?

c4ss
05-22-09, 01:11 PM
You probably need a firmware update, as in the sticky.

CTSV_510
05-22-09, 01:32 PM
I had the stuck in MI thing when I had my nav replaced.

It was funny - I could only choose points in MI, but the GPS put me in South L.A. as my car's location. :lol:

heavymetals
05-22-09, 04:14 PM
Sounds like you might have the wrong map DVD.

That is the first time I have heard of that particular problem. :hmm:

CTSV_510
05-22-09, 04:37 PM
It was fixed after I upgraded the firmware.

Umpquacod
05-22-09, 06:46 PM
HeavyMetal phoned me after I PM'd him and, with me in my V, tried to talk me through this problem. Nothing we did could get me out of Arizona. He suggested upgrading the firmware, which might see this as a "stuck in Michigan" issue and cure it. Since, however, I'm still under initial factory warranty, I'm going to take it to the local dealer and see if they can resolve the issue. Will try to do that next week if I happen to go to town (it's a long way from Umpqua to any kinda proper civilization....and I like that.:sneaky:

Thanks, Heavy, for taking the time to contact me on this. Greatly appreciated. I'll be sure to let you know what the dealer has to say. Will probably get an updated map disk anyway. Thanks again.

----Mac

heavymetals
05-22-09, 07:04 PM
Your welcome.

Yours is the first I know of with that particular error.

I think it is the map disk.

c4ss
05-28-09, 02:31 PM
Why not just flash it anyway? That has no effect on warranty :hmm:

Umpquacod
05-28-09, 07:14 PM
Took my car to the local dealer this morning for some warranty stuff, including the "Stuck in Arizona" feature I'm so fond of. They scratched their heads, poked a bunch of buttons, read the manuals, poked more buttons and finally said "we have no idea what's wrong...we'll have to check with our higher-ups." So....I'm still stuck in AZ.

I think c4ss is right...why not just flash it anyway. Might as well update the mapping disk at the same time. Heavy, you have my info from the extinguisher bracket order. Can you send me what you think I need?

Tnx, ....Mac

heavymetals
05-28-09, 07:22 PM
Will put it in the mail tonight.

Umpquacod
06-02-09, 03:06 PM
Received Heavy's flash disk in the mail, installed it and I'm no longer stuck in Arizona. Hooray! Thanks much, Heavy...disk is back in the mail to you today. :thehand::bows:

----Mac

jostodafullest
04-27-11, 08:21 AM
Hey I'm stuck in LA since I upgraded to nav system. How can I get this cd?

Umpquacod
04-27-11, 01:33 PM
Contact Heavymetals on this Forum. He should be able to hook you up.

RippyPartsDept
04-27-11, 01:43 PM
the navdisc center doesn't charge dealers for the firmware updated discs... might be worth contacting them to see if they don't charge the general public (if they sell these discs to the general public at all)

sometimes (especially on newer nav units) the updated map disc will contain software/firmware updates also that will be automatically applied

navdisc center is not just for sales of discs... they are also a helpline for any questions you have regarding your nav unit
can come in handy sometimes (especially if you don't have a nav manual to reference, although you should - they're only like $12 or so)

Andringa
04-27-11, 01:53 PM
Hey I'm stuck in LA since I upgraded to nav system. How can I get this cd?

Try going out and driving around for a bit. After updating the NAV sometimes just goes to a random spot until it gets a good reading from the satellites. When I updated mine I think it started out at the LA airport or something like that, half way around the block it figured out where I really was.

JimmyH
04-27-11, 08:31 PM
^that

you need to drive a couple hundred feet and the nav will recalibrate itself. that happened to me too.

mberisha
04-28-11, 06:19 AM
Try going out and driving around for a bit. After updating the NAV sometimes just goes to a random spot until it gets a good reading from the satellites. When I updated mine I think it started out at the LA airport or something like that, half way around the block it figured out where I really was.

Same thing happen to me....Nav said I was at LAX....drove out of my driveway in MO....and the V found itself!

CadiMat
08-14-12, 11:02 AM
Big shout out to heavy first off!
I flew and purchased a 2004 V a while back, the gps worked fine there, but wouldn't let me select an out of state destination. (my home) Once I did get home, the NAV would just lock up when selected. Im assuming because it was in a completely different state so it just got lost and gave up. After speaking with heavy trying to find the firmware update, we made our deal and I now have a perfectly working NAV system! I took pictures of the display at it did the update with the different progress bars and stuff. Once done it said "update finished" and ejected the disc. I inserted my new map disc and it did stay stuck on the "update finished" screen for maybe ten minutes while I drove. Then it asked me to agree and then I had a perfectly working in dash NAV the way it should be.
Thanks again Heavy! Very well worth it guys, the dealership is just going to tell you ita broken when they hook up the scanner, tell you the firmware update is discontinued if you ask about that, then say they'll install a new one for $2000+
Mat