: Goodyear Comfortred?

bbshriver
05-22-09, 08:30 AM
Anyone tried these?
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Goodyear&model=Assurance+ComforTred

rated best on TireRack as far as comfort and noise go. I think I'm going to be due for tires soon.. my michelins look like they're dry rotting and I'm going to be driving from PA to Florida and back in a little over a month, rather not take the risk.

Not a very "performance" oriented tire, but I have a Porsche and Harley for that kind of driving, Caddy is just my comfy-cruiser

amgqmp1
05-22-09, 06:17 PM
I put a new set of Goodyear Comfortreds on a '97 Mercedes-Benz E320 that I had a couple years ago. Smooth ride, exceptionally quiet, and good traction. :thumbsup:

I didn't put enough miles on the car to tell you how they wear over time.

C&C
05-22-09, 06:37 PM
They don't make the exact replacement size for your STS (at least, not at the listed site). What size were you contemplating?

wutaguy
05-22-09, 07:27 PM
I have the Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season tires on my STS with Performance Package and they are great. Much better than OEM.

bbshriver
05-23-09, 12:26 PM
They don't make the exact replacement size for your STS (at least, not at the listed site). What size were you contemplating?

Mine is 235/50/17, they have a 235/55/17, figured that would be close enough.

C&C
05-23-09, 01:12 PM
Mine is 235/50/17, they have a 235/55/17, figured that would be close enough.
Your current Michelins are 26.3 inches in diameter at the 235/50/17 size. The Goodyears are going to be 27.2 inches in diameter at 235/55/17. I think you'll probably be all right but your speedo will be reading lower than you will actually be going. (I think by about by 3.5%)

bbshriver
05-26-09, 08:00 AM
Yea, I have 31" tires on a Jeep that originallly had 26" tires so I'm pretty used to speedo's and odometers being off. May be able to have it recalibrated, but I doubt it will be that big a deal.

Your current Michelins are 26.3 inches in diameter at the 235/50/17 size. The Goodyears are going to be 27.2 inches in diameter at 235/55/17. I think you'll probably be all right but your speedo will be reading lower than you will actually be going. (I think by about by 3.5%)

jamesbalzer
05-29-09, 01:29 AM
Just know that as far as Goodyear goes, if they say it's a 50K rated tire it'll be wore out in 25K. I have NEVER had a set of Goodyears go over half their advertised mileage. Great tires other than that.

EChas3
05-29-09, 04:46 PM
Goodyears need to be rotated to get their stated life. I got 70,000 on a set of Eagle GA's by rotating every other oil change (complimentary when getting oil changes at the Goodyear store).

The first set weren't rotated, only got about 45k on the fronts. The best should always go on the back, so I bought one & juggled in the full size spare. I rotated regularly, changing pairs as needed until one of the better ones was road damaged at around 130k. It was hard to find a set at that time because they were out of production, but that last set were as good as ever. Finally, the Goodyear shop changed hands and wouldn't honor the deal. I backed off on the rotation a bit but had learned my lesson.

That Buick almost made it to the moon (225k) when I gave it to Bart Starr's Rawhide for the tax deduction at 220,000 miles. It still looked and ran great but the repairs started piling up. The Chevy 350 under the hood was perfected by the time it went in the '93 Roadmaster. The '94 was a LS1 and not nearly as reliable.

Oh yeah. Tires - Rotate them for maximum life. BMW says don't rotate them for maximum performance! (Freshly rotated tires put LESS rubber on the road. You're wearing off the high-spots!)