: A few moAr cranks than normal???

FactoryFast
05-22-09, 12:23 AM
On cold starts the car is cranking a few more times than usual. Could it be the weather? this is my first Summer with the V. Once the car is warmed up she starts just fine. Im wondering if the battery requires replacement...any ideas?

68buggy
05-22-09, 09:37 AM
Mine is doing exactly the same thing.

I've also got a wierd idle issue. It wants to drop and surge just slightly, maybe 200 rpm's at most. Coming to a stop, clutch it and rpms drop below idle.

Of course the dealer can't duplicate........ Must not be licensed to drive???

CTSV_510
05-22-09, 10:14 AM
Me too recently....more cranks than normal then when it catches it starts at about 200 rpms and climbs to idle rather slowly (well not slowly, but slower than normal). Other than that, no issues. If I start it and let it run for about 5 seconds, then turn it off, then crank it again, it starts right up normally.

I am changing the fuel filter in the next months or so, I wonder if it's a fuel issue.

bandit6678
05-22-09, 11:02 AM
thats funny I have been noticing the exact same thing too! havent noticed if it is idleing different at first or not, but i know it takes an extra crank or two when it used to be like 1 quick crank and she would fire up

TKSFab
05-22-09, 11:16 AM
mine is fine cold start, i've experienced a weird start up after i start drive for a min (to the grocery store) shut it down, run inside (bank) come out 5 ~ min later and it cranks for en honest 4-5 seconds. as oppose to a normal half a sec start. its done that to me 2 times.

strangest thing.

c4ss
05-22-09, 03:31 PM
Mine's done it on cold starts a few times as well. Now I don't feel too bad about it anymore though :histeric:

smashn808
05-22-09, 06:35 PM
That's odd, mine does it when it's warm out only. Do you think our cars have PMS?

KaMaSuTrA
05-23-09, 11:43 PM
Same thing here...I had the starter replaced under GMPP around the end of winter but the new one started doing it also.

FactoryFast
05-24-09, 12:35 AM
So now what lol?

FIVEOH!!!
05-24-09, 01:38 PM
Not sure ... I brought up the issue before with Lindsay Cadillac and they could not duplicate it. It's now getting worse. each morning I wake up hoping this won't be the day my car won't start. Battery checks out fine. Probably take it back next week and give it another shot.

-T-
05-24-09, 02:35 PM
I spoke with a mechanic about mine doing the same thing. Spins for probably about 3-5 seconds before firing. He said it is partly due to how heavy the flywheel is... and the "fuel purge system?".... thats how he said that last part. Fly wheel makes sense... but for 5 seconds before spark? Could possibly be a fuel pressure issue that the computer sees before it will spark.

FactoryFast
05-24-09, 06:56 PM
My gas cap is broken, no doubt its not sealing as well as it could be...perhaps thats my issue.

sleepys4
05-25-09, 12:05 AM
Mine does it every now and then. Really doesn't bother me much.

shadybx7
05-25-09, 12:12 PM
mine does this too, glad im not alone

FactoryFast
05-25-09, 05:21 PM
My car stopped doing it yesterday....GreMlins

CTSV_510
05-25-09, 11:01 PM
My car stopped doing it yesterday....GreMlins

:yeah:

:noidea: