: '06 STS-New Owner

jboji
05-20-09, 11:06 PM
I am going to take delivery of my '06 STS tomorrow. Paid $22,800 for a V-6,AWD, Nav, sunroof, wood package,bose 5.1 and heated and cooled seats. White diamond on cashmere. Was driven 27k miles. Is that a decent deal? Just wanted to see what you recommend that I specially look for before I hand them the check. I already drove the car and it seems fine. The paint and interior are in excellent condition. I noticed the AC wasn't really kicking too hard so they are going to fix it but other than that I didn't notice anything wrong with the car. Also how can I tell if the car is equipped with magnaride? This is my first time buying a used car. Thanks for the input!!

EChas3
05-20-09, 11:42 PM
Congradulations for tomorrow!

I've heard prices went up a bit since I bought my 2006 in December. If you're buying from a Caddy dealer the Certified Pre-Owned deal is well worth $1,000. It extends the Mfg Warranty to 100,000 miles & 6 years. I'd want the N* 320 HP for that price but you've got low miles. Mine had 38,000 but is fully loaded with ACC, HUD, etc. (1SG).

I'd bet you're looking at a 1SC model (V6 loaded). On the spare tire cover a FE3 means - MAGNETIC RIDE CONTROL. There should also be Touring & Perforamance settings in the setup. Any GM dealer can run a build sheet. Members here can get one over on the CTS-V forum.

Have fun.

K STS
05-21-09, 12:00 AM
Not a bad price, but not a great price.

trackbait
05-21-09, 06:44 PM
I just picked up (yesterday 5/20) an 08 STS V8 with 14,700 miles loaded..sunroof, NAV / DVD, 15 speaker, 17 in wheels, knee deep in brand new rubber (Michelin's) w/balance of all warranties for $27,200. Even smells brand new. Not a scratch on it.

TX / OK area!

K STS
05-21-09, 06:46 PM
Damn. now that was a good deal.

hazcaddy
05-21-09, 08:52 PM
V6s don't come with Magnaride. And that's a mistake I won't ever make again.

But then, with all the hubris about GM's survival and whatever it might make next, Magnaride is the least of my worries. The New E-series M-B is starting to look awfull good as a backup plan...

EChas3
05-21-09, 11:44 PM
There is a benefit w/o Magnaride. It's a softer ride. The V6 had some adherents that prefer the handling with better fore-aft balance.