: Epic fail!

CadillacGurl
05-20-09, 10:46 PM
So this biker guy put NOS in his tank... the energy drink NOS. Have a fun time laughing...

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226570

Thanks to CTS (V) for the link :thumbsup:

http://i39.tinypic.com/nco28x.jpg

Rolex
05-20-09, 10:56 PM
I'm at a loss.

Stupid hurts and the rest of us get a good lawlz.

77CDV
05-20-09, 11:00 PM
Guess sugar in the gas really is a bad idea after all. Good God, people are STOOPID!!!

c5 rv
05-20-09, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the link to send to some bike owners.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-20-09, 11:07 PM
I thought this thread was gonna be about Daewoos. :(

77CDV
05-20-09, 11:12 PM
To be an epic fail, there has to be at least the possibility of success, however royally screwed up the ultimate outcome. Therefore, Daewoos, being what they are, do not qualify.

Jesda
05-21-09, 12:28 AM
facepalm

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-21-09, 12:39 AM
The only thing that could have made this any more epic is if the OP happened to have Jesda's Chrysler jacket.

the cadillac kid
05-21-09, 12:56 AM
wow...

C0RSA1R
05-21-09, 01:57 AM
Kudos to Krashed989 from the Eldo/Seville forum for bringing this to my attention:

Be careful about using NOS fuel additive

>> http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226570 <<

:histeric: I just thought that link fit here.

Oh. My. Freaking. God.

I just read up to page 5 in that forum.

Some stupid kid on a crotch-rocket, thinking he's Mr.Cool, went to a gas station after his bike was running a bit whack. He walked inside, saw a bottle labeled NOS, bought two of them, and then poured them in his gas tank.

His bike ran like crap all the way home, then died.

This would be bad enough if it were the NOS Brand Fuel Additive - two bottles of that stuff would be overkill for the gas tank on a Hummer H1. Needless to say, it would seriously mess up this kid's bike.

But it wasn't NOS Fuel Additive.

It was this:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=254&pictureid=3693

And this dumbass poured TWO bottles in his gas tank.

Confirms what I've always thought about ricers, crotch-rocket racers (most of 'em, anyway), and anyone who thinks they're cool.

Wow. :histeric:

C0RSA1R
05-21-09, 02:27 AM
Damn - I just started a thread on this exact sentiment after reading about it in the Eldo forums.

That's TWO newbie double posts for me now. Crap.

Jesda
05-21-09, 02:28 AM
Threads merged.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-21-09, 02:47 AM
We did this to my friend's old Mercury Topaz. It didn't change it at all, but that was in 15 gallons of gas. We also threw a bubble bath bead in the gas tank (we were trying to kill it) and boy was that a trip. Gas started bubbling out the filler neck at an uncontrollable rate. It was hilarious.

the cadillac kid
05-21-09, 12:58 PM
In all fairness, the bottles may have been mixed in with the other the automotive products.

On the wrong shelf, in the wrong aisle.
Minus the "ENERGY DRINK" in bold, its an understandable mistake that any 13 year old could have made

V-Eight
05-21-09, 02:55 PM
^ Pretty sure that cars don't need caffeine :P

the cadillac kid
05-21-09, 03:03 PM
Pranksters + goober = that thread

i was thinking that as well, but how easy is it to play a joke on some unsuspecting person and put 3-4 bottles in with the fuel injector cleaner section? you get some guy quick to fix his sputtering and doesn't know much about FI cleaner, knows NAWZZZZ is a pretty popular brand and just grabs n goes.

blue07cts
05-21-09, 05:33 PM
I thought this thread was gonna be about Daewoos. :(

Funny i was thinking chrysler, LMAO

Aron9000
05-22-09, 02:14 PM
http://wylfwt.com/home/files/images/Epic_Failure.jpg

Red_October_7000
05-23-09, 02:59 AM
LOL. Fuel addative does next to nothing. 1988 Toyota MR2 with critical exhaust failure (Mid-engine cars have what is called a "Wiggle pipe" because the motor and rear wheels are more or less directly coupled and there will be more play over a much shorter exhaust system. This was blown among other things). 9-gallon gas tank to start with. Tank of shell high-test on 1/4. 2x octane boost, 2x fuel addative = car passes Mass. Inspection (strictest in nation for emissions at the time, now anything 95 or older gets a free pass!). Then again the Toyota A-series motor and the 4AGE in particular is bulletproof and can soak up monumental amounts of abuse.

Night Wolf
05-23-09, 03:48 AM
LOL. Fuel addative does next to nothing. 1988 Toyota MR2 with critical exhaust failure (Mid-engine cars have what is called a "Wiggle pipe" because the motor and rear wheels are more or less directly coupled and there will be more play over a much shorter exhaust system. This was blown among other things). 9-gallon gas tank to start with. Tank of shell high-test on 1/4. 2x octane boost, 2x fuel addative = car passes Mass. Inspection (strictest in nation for emissions at the time, now anything 95 or older gets a free pass!). Then again the Toyota A-series motor and the 4AGE in particular is bulletproof and can soak up monumental amounts of abuse.

OK, so if the fuel addative does nothing, then what about the energy drink (for Humans) in your gas tank..... surely THAT must boost octane... or atleast fix a 1-yr old rough running engine....

Jesda
05-23-09, 03:59 AM
Sugar gums things up.

Night Wolf
05-23-09, 04:15 AM
Eh, Mythbusters disproved that.

Still tho, 40oz of NOS in a ~3.5 gallon tank.... man that had to be like 200 octane, and really clean the engine out.

even if it was an energy drink.

If this was posted on a Corolla owners club it would probably have ben shrugged off like nothing. LOL, I'm sorry..... but people that..... smart..... not only shouldn't drive a car..... but ride a high performance sport bike?!?!? I mean really?!?

Jesda
05-23-09, 05:20 AM
Still tho, 40oz of NOS in a ~3.5 gallon tank.... man that had to be like 200 octane, and really clean the engine out.

even if it was an energy drink.

wat

Night Wolf
05-23-09, 05:28 AM
Did you read the linked thread on the Suzuki site in the original post?

Jesda
05-23-09, 06:30 AM
An energy drink isnt going to clean out anything.

Night Wolf
05-23-09, 12:20 PM
lol..... yeah.... I know.

I think my previous posts in this thread were more of a joke/sarcastic.

Jesda
05-23-09, 04:25 PM
LOL, its hard to tell when you're serious or not. Internets.

Night Wolf
05-23-09, 07:14 PM
LOL, its hard to tell when you're serious or not. Internets.

heh.... I was at Shepards on Clearwater beach last night, I do remember making that post tho.

But.... you should know me better then to think energy supplment drink is an octance booster/engine cleaner.

I think the confusion of my text has led to many misunderstandings past and recent here of what I really ment... I try to add emotion using emoticons, but it's still just text...

Jesda
05-23-09, 07:33 PM
We did this to my friend's old Mercury Topaz. It didn't change it at all, but that was in 15 gallons of gas. We also threw a bubble bath bead in the gas tank (we were trying to kill it) and boy was that a trip. Gas started bubbling out the filler neck at an uncontrollable rate. It was hilarious.
http://smiliesftw.com/x/thisfkguy.jpg

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-23-09, 11:27 PM
Flush one of those bubble bath balls down the toilet and watch what happens. Its pretty damn funny.

77CDV
05-23-09, 11:45 PM
Speaking from experience?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-24-09, 12:03 AM
Yep! :D