: Dallas

MagnaV
05-20-09, 02:29 AM
Hello all.....been away for a while, but glad to be back. I have moved once again, I am now in Dallas and need to ask two favors. I know there is a large contingent of owners here, and would like to come to the next meet or dyno day, etc. Also, I need a good shop here to give my V the once over and to get some new toys.

Have we ever done a V day out at motorsports ranch? I lapped it a couple weeks ago in a spec mx-9 and a 911 turbo, and am itching to get some V's out there now that I have mine here! Thanks

Darren

whisler151
05-20-09, 09:05 AM
Hey Darren, if you are looking for a good shop, I would recommend 21st Century Muscle Cars. They (John) were very hospitable to the V crowd that showed up for the dyno day. I guess its not too early to start planning a summer V meet here in north Texas.

I know a few guys have taken their car to Motorsport Ranch...apparently there is a new local track that the guys like even better. Hopefully someone will chime in here. I think that Silver-V- just took his 09 V to the new track.

If you want to grab a few beers one weekend I know we can round up at least 5 Vs on short notice.

Kmajecki
05-20-09, 10:34 AM
I've done Motorsport Ranch and Eagles Canyon. Eagles Canyon is much newer, cheaper, and has better straights! I prefer it over Motorsport Ranch, but both are fun.

Next Open Track Day at Eagles Canyon is June 20th (They try to do it once a month)
http://www.eaglescanyon.com

I'd like to try out Hallett in Oklahoma sometime, but it's a bit far.

As far as shops go, I've heard good things about 21st but have never had any work done with them. I've always used Quality Motorsports (http://www.quality-motorsports.com/) out in Lewisville. There are at least 2-3 other V's here that have had work done there. Either way it's good to have choices.

I have a couple Eagles Canyon Vids on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/555ctsv

Oh and welcome to Dallas! Where did you move to? What color is your V? I saw a black one downtown a week or so ago, looked stock, driver looked relatively young and waved back. For some reason i just assume every V i see is a member on here!

CIWS
05-20-09, 10:37 AM
Man I don't know about those Dallas V drivers. . .

CadiBlk
05-20-09, 11:19 AM
I was hoping for a discussion thread on the television show.

jerrycecco
05-20-09, 12:55 PM
Another Dallas V owner here.....I moved here fron NorCal couple years ago....
Eagles Canyon VERY fun...
21Century & QMS two great shops for CTSV

Darren, what year and mod's have you done?

jerrycecco@tx.rr.com

AG'S-V
05-20-09, 01:01 PM
You guys make a date, I have family up there and wouldn't mind driving up from Houston!

whisler151
05-20-09, 02:48 PM
You guys make a date, I have family up there and wouldn't mind driving up from Houston!

That's what Mystical Ice said too...our last DFW meet only had one Houston owner make it up. Props to Darkman!

Just messin' with you Mystical...I know you had something WAY more important than a Texas V meet. :thepan:

Kmajecki
05-20-09, 04:51 PM
I've been told it wouldn't take more than a phone call for us to get some reserved front row parking at Cadillac Ranch in Irving/Las Colinas if a meet does result from this thread ;)

www.cadillacranchrestaurant.com

This pic with 10 V's in front of it would be pretty cool, i'm just sayin...
http://www.cadillacranchrestaurant.com/images/a.exterior.jpg

QKSLVRTA
05-20-09, 05:44 PM
hell yeah that would be a BA picture....

jerrycecco
05-20-09, 07:47 PM
I'm for some pictures and beer...BUT not pictures OF beer...

when?

--Jerry

CIWS
05-20-09, 07:52 PM
I think y'all should schedule it while my V is in the repair center getting fixed from the accident. That way I can pull up in my POS rental car. :D

whisler151
05-20-09, 07:55 PM
I've been told it wouldn't take more than a phone call for us to get some reserved front row parking at Cadillac Ranch in Irving/Las Colinas if a meet does result from this thread ;)

www.cadillacranchrestaurant.com

This pic with 10 V's in front of it would be pretty cool, i'm just sayin...
http://www.cadillacranchrestaurant.com/images/a.exterior.jpg

DO IT!!!! That would be a sweet picture! When should we have the meet?

Lets pic a random Saturday or Sunday. How about June 6th or 7th?

kpc01
05-20-09, 09:30 PM
any input on simple quick tune (I think thats what its called) I've heard good things about them but I haven't personally used anyone yet. Will be doing a cam and heads soon and trying to decide where to take it.

Kmajecki
05-20-09, 09:58 PM
Look what you've started MagnaV! And you haven't even chimed in yet.

June 6th or 7th works for me, anyone else? CWIS what happened to your car? There must be a thread i missed about your accident

whisler151
05-20-09, 10:11 PM
So a Saturday or Sunday? Which is better? How many of us work Saturdays? I know last time there were a few guys that did. I vote for Saturday.

AG'S-V
05-20-09, 10:14 PM
Yes...Saturday would be great for me as well...

kpc01
05-20-09, 11:09 PM
we(the V is actually my wifes) would try to make a dyno day....unfortunately the 6th we will be on vacation but we will do our best to make the next one if we miss this one.

dannboss
05-21-09, 10:25 AM
Sounds like a great idea, I am in.

When I googled Cadillac Ranch I came across this picture below.... Anyone else find it an odd coincidece?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e88/dannboss/CadillacRanch.jpg

CIWS
05-21-09, 11:35 AM
CWIS what happened to your car? There must be a thread i missed about your accident

Check out posts # 6 and 8

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/169799-door-dings-grrrrrr.html

It's going into the repair shop on the 27th, so if y'all hold it on the 6th / 7th of June I won't be there.

Silver -V-
05-21-09, 01:04 PM
I would be up for June 6 at Cadillac Ranch. I could even convince a couple of other V owners to go as well.

If anyone is interested, Driver's Edge is putting on a Track Weekend (2 days, 8 sessions) at Eagle's Canyon. The weekend is July 11 &12, and as a Cadillac Owner's group we would get a 10% discount for the weekend with 10 members. The regular cost is $295.00 including classroom and in-car instruction, at least 8 sessions of track time and a lot of fun. (www.thedriversedge.net)

Eagles Canyon is known as the Corvette track for it's elevation changes and long straights. I'd like to make it the Dallas owner's Cadillac track! Last year we were able to get a group to go down to Texas World speedway, and had a great time. If you haven't had your V on a track yet, get out there and see what your car was really made for. Nost first timers are nervous about their cars, but I can assure you, this is safer than the Dallas roads (see CIWS video) and Wayyyy more fun. Your car will be ready to pick up clients on Monday morning, and they will never know you just smoked a Porsche or BMW at the track the day before.

Last year -
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo183/moth-94987/IMG_25007.jpg

Last week at Motorsports Ranch in Cresson-
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo183/moth-94987/CIMG1055.jpg
http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo183/moth-94987/CIMG1045.jpg

Silver -V-
05-21-09, 01:07 PM
FYI - NBC was at the Track last weekend filming cars for a special on owner's track weekend. They filmed the V2 quite a bit, and it will air on the local station Dallas NBC 5 on June 6. Look for the feature on that day, and on national shortly afterwards.

AG'S-V
05-21-09, 01:11 PM
Would LOVE to do TWS!!!

Kmajecki
05-21-09, 02:57 PM
Wow Matt that's a crazy video. I cant decide which driver pissed me off more! Maybe i should keep mine up more often, i'm just concerned with tempting any would be thieves looking for a video camera

Kmajecki
05-21-09, 03:03 PM
Where'd ya go MagnaV? If you're planning on being a "Dallas V" checking the forums any less than every other hour is unacceptable! It's in the rules.... :rules:

whisler151
05-21-09, 03:06 PM
How does June 13th work for everyone? Matt, your car should be up and running by then? kpc01, will you be able to make June 13th?

I like Ken's idea of Cadillac Ranch.

AG'S-V
05-21-09, 03:32 PM
Works for me!

Kmajecki
05-21-09, 03:50 PM
I just emailed Cadillac Ranch asking about reserved parking and potential drink specials, so we'll see. It's my understanding the same guy who own Twin Peaks also owns Cadillac Ranch. They do have the "porch girls", although i haven't been in a while so not sure of the current talent level. I'll let you know when/if they write back.

Mystical_Ice
05-21-09, 03:57 PM
Whisler, the reason I missed that meet, if I remember, was because I had a funeral to attend you jerk :p

Anyway, I won't be able to do anything on weekends before 4th weekend in july, unless it's july 4th weekend.
If I can't make this one, I'm sure I can make next.

Kmajecki
05-21-09, 04:41 PM
Randy from Cadillac Ranch wrote back already:

"Thanks for thinking of Cadillac Ranch Kenneth. We would love to host your event. I’ll ask Lynell at Cadillac Ranch to get in touch with you."

June 13th still the best date so far?

CIWS
05-21-09, 08:16 PM
Wow Matt that's a crazy video. I cant decide which driver pissed me off more! Maybe i should keep mine up more often, i'm just concerned with tempting any would be thieves looking for a video camera

ehh if your in anywhere you might be concerned the camera just unscrews like any tripod and you can stash it in the trunk or wherever. :)

Whisler - Like you I'm going to assume it should be done by the 13th. They said 1.5 weeks, I'm guessing two then.

jerrycecco
05-21-09, 09:42 PM
I have family coming in 1st week of June, but hell I'll just kick them to the curb...

13th is possible for me, what times?

--Jerry

MagnaV
05-22-09, 12:59 AM
Dallas owners are a proud bunch!

Another Dallas V owner here.....I moved here fron NorCal couple years ago....
Eagles Canyon VERY fun...
21Century & QMS two great shops for CTSV

Darren, what year and mod's have you done?

jerrycecco@tx.rr.com

I have a black 2005 V with maggie, CAI, shortthrow, limo tint, black out drive lights, BandB exhaust, annnnnd some vogue 20's that I am debating whether to scrap for some smaller, wider rubber or just powdercoat the current ones and see how it looks.

I've done Motorsport Ranch and Eagles Canyon. Eagles Canyon is much newer, cheaper, and has better straights! I prefer it over Motorsport Ranch, but both are fun.

Next Open Track Day at Eagles Canyon is June 20th (They try to do it once a month)
http://www.eaglescanyon.com

I'd like to try out Hallett in Oklahoma sometime, but it's a bit far.

As far as shops go, I've heard good things about 21st but have never had any work done with them. I've always used Quality Motorsports (http://www.quality-motorsports.com/) out in Lewisville. There are at least 2-3 other V's here that have had work done there. Either way it's good to have choices.

I have a couple Eagles Canyon Vids on You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/555ctsv

Oh and welcome to Dallas! Where did you move to? What color is your V? I saw a black one downtown a week or so ago, looked stock, driver looked relatively young and waved back. For some reason i just assume every V i see is a member on here!

Thanks for the rec's on shops. I will have to do some researching. Are Lingenfelter and Callaway here in Dallas?

My V is black and lives downtown, but the rims are a definite giveaway along with the tint and blacked out lights.

Caddy ranch would be a solid photo op. That day you guys picked out, I wouldn't be able to come until at least 1030. It fits nicely into my normal hours of operation, but I know most people are settling down by that time.

whisler151
05-22-09, 01:34 AM
...QMS two great shops for CTSV

QMS is a great shop if you love to drop timing on the high end (dyno'd 318 four months after tune) and have your X pipe put in upside down. Also if you have a LS2, dont count on being tuned...they were unaware of the proper steps to write to it. I had to go elsewhere to get my codes taken care of after the header install.

Other then that they are all really great guys. :thumbsup:

whisler151
05-22-09, 01:36 AM
I work downtown (Bank of America Building) and haven't seen your V. I'm the lowered silver V with flat black wheels setting off car alarms downtown. We should all grab some happy hour beers after work some time.

CIWS
05-22-09, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the rec's on shops. I will have to do some researching. Are Lingenfelter and Callaway here in Dallas?

21st Century is a Lingenfelter shop. :)

Kmajecki
05-22-09, 09:00 AM
QMS has worked out perfectly for me. They've worked overnight for me before, no tune or installation issues for me either, but either way i dont think 21st or QMS will be hurting over 1 V that seems to be pretty modded already.

I'll keep an eye out far ya around downtown, i live down there too!

Kmajecki
05-22-09, 07:45 PM
So Cadillac Ranch is asking me what time, and if we'll be dining with them. I would assume we'd like to keep it as casual as possible like our previous meets. I will just throw out a time suggestion to get ideas flowing. 11am and just hang out in the porch/bar area?

jguzma
05-22-09, 08:26 PM
Another black maggie V in Dallas!! Quailty has done all the work and tune on my V except for the long hours me and kmajecki has installing the maggie monster! Those guys are awesome. Just my 2 cents. I good for the meet! Hopefully I will have my new pulley installed by then!

CIWS
05-23-09, 09:14 AM
So Cadillac Ranch is asking me what time, and if we'll be dining with them. I would assume we'd like to keep it as casual as possible like our previous meets. I will just throw out a time suggestion to get ideas flowing. 11am and just hang out in the porch/bar area?

Yeah we can have it begin at 11:00. I'll almost certainly eat something while there.

jerrycecco
05-23-09, 11:11 AM
is the date still the June 13th?

Kmajecki
05-23-09, 02:02 PM
June 13th, 11:00am, Cadillac Ranch

jguzma
05-23-09, 05:27 PM
I'm in!

kpc01
05-24-09, 01:31 AM
I don't think we will be back by then....Our one vacation a year we leave on the 5th and will be back on the 14th lol. Maybe we will have to catch the next one. we got a wild hair and tore the car down today anyways so it probably won't be ready by then.

whisler151
05-24-09, 11:22 AM
Cadillac Ranch 11am June 13th...Im in!

Ken, you want to make a new thread for the meet?

Silver -V-
05-26-09, 11:18 AM
I am in, and have 2 more cars coming with me.

whisler151
05-26-09, 01:08 PM
I am in, and have 2 more cars coming with me.

Nice, who are you bringing with you? More V2s?

whisler151
05-26-09, 02:12 PM
So I just found out that I have a seminar I have to attend for work June 13th. Is everyone cool with June 20th? Or am I just going to have to miss this meet?

AG'S-V
05-26-09, 04:25 PM
I've got a local meet here in Houston I have to go to that Saturday...maybe I'll catch the next one!

CIWS
05-26-09, 05:25 PM
I should be good for the 20th.