: Got my headers and cats installed...

Jon
05-19-09, 08:21 PM
Finally got my long tube headers & high flow cats installed. With my existing B&B x-pipe & mufflers.... One word: WOW!

I drove home like I just got laid for the first time; a huge smile on my face. Powell Motorsports did a great job getting it done for me. They were meticulous about everything and made sure everything was right. Even popped in my new PCM for me.

My car sounds REALLY evil now :D

CTSV_510
05-19-09, 08:33 PM
Sweet. You just got to second base with your V. :thumbsup:

ichpen
05-19-09, 09:29 PM
Congrats Jon. Be seeing you on the highway...

ahahnu
05-19-09, 09:31 PM
:postpics:

ichpen
05-19-09, 09:32 PM
Sound pics to be more precise...

Jon
05-19-09, 09:34 PM
I'll take a vid this week or so. I really need to try again to get a meet going. Had almost no response last time.

ahahnu
05-19-09, 09:36 PM
I'll take a vid this week or so. I really need to try again to get a meet going. Had almost no response last time.
So take a road trip in June to Summit Point and meet a bunch of us.:lildevil:

Jon
05-19-09, 09:40 PM
So take a road trip in June to Summit Point and meet a bunch of us.:lildevil:
If I could rent a car trailer I really would. Now that I've got an Explorer I'd be able to tow it.

ichpen
05-19-09, 09:56 PM

All I have to say is 29th May, Mosport, all day event. :)

Let me know if you're interested. Myself and Manny, and all the vette guys you know will probably be there. I'll ask Manny if there are any spots left.

Hopefully my car will be in one piece and you can watch us comically slide if you're not up for the tracking part.

I'm attempting to be gallant and fight off urge to buy headers.... :(

rand49er
05-19-09, 10:14 PM
Good to hear this, Jon! Finally!!!

If you're like me, your fuel economy will go down for the first week or two only because you'll keep wanting to hear the sound by jabbing the throttle. It really is beautiful music. :D

ahahnu
05-19-09, 11:27 PM
If I could rent a car trailer I really would. Now that I've got an Explorer I'd be able to tow it.
It's called U haul.

Jon
05-20-09, 12:52 AM

Let me know if you're interested. Myself and Manny, and all the vette guys you know will probably be there. I'll ask Manny if there are any spots left.

Hopefully my car will be in one piece and you can watch us comically slide if you're not up for the tracking part.

I'm attempting to be gallant and fight off urge to buy headers.... :(

Who's running the event? I usually go with the Vette guys on the Apex days. Was there last Wednesday. Great weather; my r-comps stuck like glue. Nothing like flying out of turn 2 at about 170. :D

Check out my vid in the Track forum.

Jon
05-20-09, 12:56 AM
Good to hear this, Jon! Finally!!!

If you're like me, your fuel economy will go down for the first week or two only because you'll keep wanting to hear the sound by jabbing the throttle. It really is beautiful music. :D

What is this "fuel economy" you speak of? ;)

It's called U haul.

Just did a search online. Nothing in my area :(

daVe06
05-20-09, 07:44 AM

:(

Is this on the big track or the DDT? I've done some DDT and Shannonville, I'd like to try the big track, I think.:suspense:

Is it an open day or a club thing. I'm 15 minutes fo Mosport.
Shoot me some more info if it is a possibility that I could join in.

lollygagger8
05-20-09, 08:43 AM
B&B FTW!!!!! You've made a fine choice Sir. :2thumbs:

You and the skinny pedal will be intimate even more now just so you can hear the sweet noise that follows!

Jon
05-20-09, 11:17 AM
Is this on the big track or the DDT? I've done some DDT and Shannonville, I'd like to try the big track, I think.:suspense:

Apex days are all on the big track. $400 for the day. I'm not sure about the day on the 29th as I don't know who's running that.

Jon
05-23-09, 09:06 PM
Video as promised.... I figured this would be more fun than a traditional stationary revving video :D

http://www.jon04ctsv.com/videos/PITL-5-23-09.html

ichpen
05-26-09, 02:29 AM

Its the big track.

Helmets required.

I'll get info tomorrow and call up the guy.

It's not a club 'thing' as far as I'm aware.

My car needs to be in order or I'll be angry. :bonkers:
And I need new tires :)
And a helmet :)

Jon
05-26-09, 03:20 PM
Its the big track.

Helmets required.

I'll get info tomorrow and call up the guy.

It's not a club 'thing' as far as I'm aware.

My car needs to be in order or I'll be angry. :bonkers:
And I need new tires :)
And a helmet :)
Please post the details when you get them. :) My car's still sitting on the track tires and I need to decide if I should put my street set back on or not. I love the Mosport GP track.