: VIN decal inside of driver door missing - Hot?

bneal1022
05-19-09, 01:16 PM
my buddy asked the curb weight of the V, so as the smart guy I am, went look at the end of the driver door for the VIN and vehicle info decal. I found a white residual rectangle where a decal used to be?

Ideas of what this means? replacement door? sketchy vehicle history? Can this decal be replaced with my vehicled VIN and info from a dealer or GM?

I beginning to worry about my car's history

gfourth
05-19-09, 01:23 PM
Get the VIN off your dash, pay $5 to become a supporting member, then get your VIN checked in the sticky above. :thumbsup:

That's where I would start.

CTSV_510
05-19-09, 01:29 PM
Sounds a bit shady to me. I can't think of a legitimate purpose of peeling that sticker off, unless the door came from another car and they peeled it off because it had wrong information.

AG'S-V
05-19-09, 01:52 PM
Is there a VIN stamp on the inner left-side inner fender under the hood? You have the title? Can always run a CarFax too...

bneal1022
05-19-09, 01:56 PM
I will check tonight under the hood. to match it with the dash. I will also contribute. as this site has already saved me a few times.

heavymetals
05-19-09, 01:59 PM
That could be the glue remnants from an oil change sticker.

ID's are usually riveted on.

nuyorkah
05-19-09, 06:27 PM
Can this decal be replaced with my vehicled VIN and info from a dealer or GM?

This label cannot be replaced by dealer or GM. Its called a "vehicle certification label"