: Howdy!

Lady Stardust
07-14-04, 06:47 PM
So, finally I get some time to introduce myself! Hmm where do I start? My name is Katrina, and I just got my first car, an '88 Cadillac Sedan DeVille. My grandpa gave it to me, and I love him for it. All my friends are jealous, cuz they all have economy cars and I have a luxury car with power everything (even power trunk... what the crap is that?!), a moonroof and even leather interior. Even though it's old, it runs beautifully with a rebuilt 4.5 liter V8 engine, and it only has around 82k miles! Before my acquisition, my family and I were looking at new Ford Focus's for me, but I'll take my Caddy over a new economy car any day! Not to mention, there's noooo way I'm ever driving a 4 cylinder now!

So what else about me? I love classic rock music, anime, Harry Potter, Disney, and video games (weee I heart my new PS2!), so as you can see I'm your average teenager. Upon joining these forums I hope to make new friends and learn more about my new baby!

ben72227
07-14-04, 08:25 PM
even power trunk... what the crap is that?!),
oh but of course. no slamming a cadillac trunk. close it in style. you will also notice the digital climate control. no knobs to turn; if you want it 73 degrees then it will be 73 degrees.:p

But anyways, welcome to the Cadillac Forums Katrina. Be glad that you didn't get a Fix Or Repair Daily. Yuck. But anyways, take care of your Seville and it will take care of you....

Fritzi
07-15-04, 06:30 PM
trust me , i went through 3 trunk motors....... just TRY to remember and tell other people DONT SLAM THE TRUNK

I just want to tell you props for being here and being a girld and having an 88' deville

THAT WAS MY FIRST CAR !!!!!!!!!!

caddyshack24
07-15-04, 06:44 PM
heyya there, welcome. I about smacked my brother, he shut the trunk, just enough to catch the latch, it didnt pull down, so he went to go push down on the trunk.. grabbed his arm and pulled him back.. he was pissed, but nothing like i woulda been .. oh yeah, Welcome to the forums!

CADDYBLACK99
07-15-04, 10:19 PM
Welcome Katrina!

Thanks for joining the fourm! '88 Cadillac Sedan DeVille with all the toys sound like a very nice gift. Your grandpa is a wise and generous man! Please give us more details and a picture or two when you get a chance.
:welcome:
Paul

Lady Stardust
07-15-04, 11:06 PM
oh but of course. no slamming a cadillac trunk. close it in style. you will also notice the digital climate control. no knobs to turn; if you want it 73 degrees then it will be 73 degrees.:p
Ooooh I love it! Digital everything! It even has a little thing that tells me what kind of milage I'm getting. w00t, lowest gas milage on the block!:cool:

Anyhow, just yesterday, as I was once again bragging about my caddy, someone asked me if it's hard to drive because it's so big. Dont make me laugh! Up till now, I've been driving a Chevy Astro, in which I learned to drive, so I told them it's nice to be able to drive such a little car. :D

I have several pictures of it, some of which are even online, but it's just a matter of accessing them... I can assure you at least one will make its way aboard.

razeorc
07-16-04, 02:11 PM
Welcome Star, hope you enjoy your Caddy as much as some of us do ours ;) The only downside to digital is that it has a hard time giving you accurate fuel usage estimates so don't rely on the computer! My 90 Eldo was always off by at least 2 gallons at the pump which I learned once as I sputtered it up to the pump.

Raze
07-16-04, 02:13 PM
Doh, posted under my wrong account :)

elwesso
07-17-04, 08:05 PM
Welcome aboard, thanks for signing up :wave:

Wow a girl into cadillac and video games... How cool is that??? Im glad you didnt go for the focus; or an eclipse or beetle..... "oooh that car is soooo cute".... ITs just not a real car like the caddy!

Congrats!!