: Beautiful car

creeker
05-18-09, 10:36 PM
Have a look at this car,1978 lincoln mark V, it's on craig's list, Vancouver
Canada, if I had some toy car money I would be looking at it,it's in the classic car listings. (I'm not talented enough to transfer ad on computer.)

V-Eight
05-18-09, 11:37 PM
No link?

Aron9000
05-18-09, 11:39 PM
Its very simple. Go to the craiglist ad and get it pulled up. Highlight the entire web address. Hit ctrl and c at the same time on your keyboard. This is the shortcut for copy.

Pull up this forum on a different tab. Post another message, then hit ctrl and v at the same time. This is the shortcut for paste. Now you should have the ad text on the cadillac forums box, then just hit "submit reply"

C0RSA1R
05-19-09, 12:30 AM
Done, and done. (http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/cto/1177612924.html)

It is a nice looking car.

Aron9000
05-19-09, 12:41 AM
I'm not normally a fan of Ford/Lincoln, but from a design perspective, that is a much nicer looking car inside and out than a 71-78 Eldorado. I love the Eldo as well, but Lincoln hit it out of the park with that knife edge styling.

All that being said, would I take one over the orginal 67-68 Eldorado? Hell NO!

BTW, I saw a similar year Lincoln Mark driving around today. It was a white and blue two tone, on 15" wire wheels. I think it had been lowered, but it made my 1991 Brougham look tiny. The hood lenght is almost cartoonish, but I love it.

creeker
05-19-09, 12:52 AM
I'm not normally a fan of Ford/Lincoln, but from a design perspective, that is a much nicer looking car inside and out than a 71-78 Eldorado. I love the Eldo as well, but Lincoln hit it out of the park with that knife edge styling.

All that being said, would I take one over the orginal 67-68 Eldorado? Hell NO!

BTW, I saw a similar year Lincoln Mark driving around today. It was a white and blue two tone, on 15" wire wheels. I think it had been lowered, but it made my 1991 Brougham look tiny. The hood lenght is almost cartoonish, but I love it.

I'm not a ford fan myself,but this is a unique looking car, I agree on the size of the hood also, the whole car is overdone but it has a certain appeal about it.

93DevilleUSMC
05-19-09, 09:05 AM
Chad, you've been after a Mark V for a while. Are you seeing this thing?

tdyguy2k
05-19-09, 09:19 AM
Gotta love the 8 track player in the dash.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
05-19-09, 11:31 AM
That's not a bad car for the price. The Bill Blass ones are very rare. The only thing it is missing is the sunroof.

I should have taken pictures of the one the guy by me was selling. It was a '79 Mark Jubilee Edition. It was baby blue with a white quarter top and a white leather interior. It had a sunroof, was loaded to the hilt and had only 42K miles on it. He wanted $9500 and the car sold in less than a week.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-19-09, 07:20 PM
The Mark V's are really nice cars, but after sitting in a '78 Eldorado and a '69 Mark III, I like the Eldorado more. It didn't feel as over the top or as excessive. The III felt shorter and narrower, but considering the IV and V are a lot bigger than the III, maybe I'd like them more?

Great car! Good luck with it!

MauiV
05-19-09, 07:49 PM
Holy Land Yacht

ga_etc
05-20-09, 02:14 AM
Sharp car but looks just like the same year Thunderbird in the front. My father had a Thunderbird that body style, a '77 or '78, that had the sunroof. I burnt my hand on it one day because the handle to slide the cover open was metal and it was the middle of the summer.