: What to use to polish accessory wheels!?

silver02stang
05-18-09, 09:51 PM
First off - do these wheels have any protection on them from the factory or are they straight polished wheels?

Second - what do you guys use to clean them (mine have an insane amount of brake dust build up from previous owner) and keep 'em clean?

The Tony Show
05-18-09, 11:47 PM
They're clearcoated. Don't polish them or you'll be doing it once a month for eternity.

lollygagger8
05-19-09, 08:59 AM
Could you polish them, and then clearcoat em? Or would it not stick?

The Tony Show
05-19-09, 09:50 AM
That's what the wheel manufacturer did- polished them then clearcoated them. I have no idea why you'd want to do it a second time.

lollygagger8
05-19-09, 10:24 AM
Just in case they were scratched up or something, or if the clear was coming off.

Twitch
05-19-09, 10:46 AM
What color is your car? If I didn't like the stock wheels better, I would've powdercoated the accessries darker.

lollygagger8
05-19-09, 01:13 PM
What color is your car? If I didn't like the stock wheels better, I would've powdercoated the accessries darker.

Platinum. Mine look fine, just wondering for future. Those do look awesome powder coated, but the look awesome shiny too :2thumbs: I'm torn lol

Twitch
05-19-09, 02:29 PM
Platinum. Mine look fine, just wondering for future. Those do look awesome powder coated, but the look awesome shiny too :2thumbs: I'm torn lol
I was the same way,,,at first.
Then at V-Day I, they had so much break dust on the fronts, and they looked great lol
But when I put the stockers on for the winter, I decided to make them my summer rims. Just had them powdercoated.

lollygagger8
05-19-09, 02:46 PM
Lets see dem pics Tony!

Twitch
05-19-09, 05:52 PM
Lets see dem pics Tony!
Search is your friend :rolleyes:
I posted a few in the pic thread. They came out nice, but the color might be too close to black.