: Tongue rings

Fritzi
07-14-04, 05:11 PM
I have seen BMW and Mercedes tongue rings, but if anyone EVER sees a Cadillac tongue ring.... please let me know., I really want one!:)

tru504187211
07-14-04, 05:37 PM
How about those dangling Cadillac ones I've seen on ebay...only problem is they are for ears...

Fritzi
07-14-04, 05:51 PM
that doesn't really work , but thanks for trying

Stoneage_Caddy
07-14-04, 07:46 PM
hmm dangling cadillac emblem on female belly button ....that could be the ticket

ill keep eyes peeled for the tounge ring , if i find it ill buy it so it is in secure hands ....then agan i havent hung out in that sorta place since i left fairbanks , too many good "biker bars"

juiceE
07-14-04, 08:37 PM
...why cant I find a cadillac obsessed girl?

Stoneage_Caddy
07-14-04, 09:25 PM
Settle for a sane one , hard enough to find that , to find a girl into cars is wicked hard and one into cadillacs is even harder

find all three and she likes you..... marry her and worship the ground she walks on

these are my rules , ive been single a long time ......hehehhehe

Dead Sled
07-14-04, 11:01 PM

well I can find you a girl that drives a caddy who is obese will that work :confused: :D

RBraczyk
07-14-04, 11:49 PM
Hey i can do the same

elwesso
07-14-04, 11:52 PM
hmm dangling cadillac emblem on female belly button ....that could be the ticket

ill keep eyes peeled for the tounge ring , if i find it ill buy it so it is in secure hands ....then agan i havent hung out in that sorta place since i left fairbanks , too many good "biker bars"
I agree with stoney... That could be it there!!!

Tounge rings have never done it for me honestly, but a navel ring when small and tasteful is GOLDEN!!!!!

RBraczyk
07-15-04, 12:09 AM
Umm, i'll tell you about the tongue ring OFF the forums...

DopeStar 156
07-15-04, 12:11 AM
Hahahaha I've got one. She just bought her second Caddy, a 91 Sedan DeVille. Her first was an 86 Sedan DeVille. :lildevil:

DopeStar 156
07-15-04, 12:30 AM
Speaking of which, I don't have that pierced......yet....

c5 rv
07-15-04, 09:54 PM
FWIW, I've stopped going to stores that hire counter help with tongue piercings because I find them disgusting. I also tell the management why I won't be back. What are they thinking?

D148L0
07-15-04, 10:34 PM
I guess the management thinks is not that bad to lose a customer that chooses the places he buys according to the employees' appearance instead of customer service or something more relevant...

509Rider
07-15-04, 11:24 PM
FWIW, I've stopped going to stores that hire counter help with tongue piercings because I find them disgusting. I also tell the management why I won't be back. What are they thinking?Wow I hope you joking cause thats pretty lame.

DopeStar 156
07-15-04, 11:49 PM
FWIW, I've stopped going to stores that hire counter help with tongue piercings because I find them disgusting. I also tell the management why I won't be back. What are they thinking?
Why are they so offensive to you? It's not in your mouth. I know the struggle to find a job because of the way I look. I was unemployeed for 6 months because no one would hire me and my "appearance."

tru504187211
07-16-04, 03:14 AM
Going downtown to look for a career job = all jewlery off for me...even EARrings! Appearance is everything in the corporate world...or so it seems...

Msilva954
07-16-04, 08:59 AM
Maybe she used that tongue ring to get the job.....if you know what im sayin... :shhh:

T_Dogg8
07-16-04, 09:19 AM
appearance is everything. that's the facts of life. i have no problem with someone not shopping somewhere because of the appearance of someone. as long as it's something the person has control over (like clothes and jewlery). if you don't look professional, you won't be treated like a professional.

LacSeville
07-16-04, 10:27 AM
that's about it T. Try being 19 and owning a small business. I have to "dress up" just for free estimates and definitly no earrings. Gotta be shaved, tucked, and shoes laced. gold rope only, and under the shirt.

I have no problem cleaning up a little bit to make money. I could never go unemployed for 6 months because I didn't wanna clean up a little bit. I think that's kinda stubborn, please don't take offense.

tongue rings have a place in society. I like them, (some girls are super sexy with em) but I just couldn't have one.

T_Dogg8
07-16-04, 11:08 AM
if you want to do extreme things to yourself, feel free. but you can't be upset when other people don't like it. what would you say if your surgeon or lawyer had their body covered in tattoos and piercings??

juiceE
07-16-04, 12:47 PM
WHAT IF YOUR SURGEON OR LAWYER DROVE UP IN AN ESCALDE WITH 26"z ON AIR BAGS POUNDING "TOUNGE RING" BY 3 6 MAFIA....AND STEPPED OUT IN A GUCCI OUTFIT...

LOL, SOME PEOPLE WILL JUST NEVER ACCEPT CERTAIN THINGS, TOO HARD HEADED OR CANT GET PAST APPERANCES... WHATEVER

T_Dogg8
07-16-04, 12:55 PM
WHAT IF YOUR SURGEON OR LAWYER DROVE UP IN AN ESCALDE WITH 26"z ON AIR BAGS POUNDING "TOUNGE RING" BY 3 6 MAFIA....AND STEPPED OUT IN A GUCCI OUTFIT...

LOL, SOME PEOPLE WILL JUST NEVER ACCEPT CERTAIN THINGS, TOO HARD HEADED OR CANT GET PAST APPERANCES... WHATEVER
i'd find a new lawyer or surgeon. i know plenty of people who look like that and are great people and i would trust them with something like that (if they were trained) but i also know a lot of people who look like that and i wouldn't trust them to hold a piss bucket for me. appearances have A LOT to do with how this world works. look at all the crap bush has gotten over the years for looking like a 'dumb redneck texan.' in a highly competitive world where you and guy next to you are virtually identical in qualifications, it comes down to the little things when making a decision.

Fritzi
07-16-04, 12:59 PM
Wow I hope you joking cause thats pretty lame.
everytime you post I agree with you 100%

Msilva954
07-16-04, 01:50 PM
Appearence is everything.....I always try to be myself but every place I go into I cant help but think its my apperence that effects the hiring.....they always claim its my age....but they say 17 and im like 16 and 17 are the same thing.....people think im 20 when I come in for interviews.....I always were my nicest everyday cloths when goin to an interview but I dont change anything.

Apperance does not matter at Walmart...ill tell you that....maybe Target though.

Sandy
07-16-04, 02:01 PM
We live in a free society, where if not illeagle people are FREE to do as they chose. However, if one is going out into the working world and will be visable to the general public, then in order to get (or have a chance to get) that job, one has to look like corportate America. Just a fact of life, like it or not! (and) Corporate America is still either a company uniform or a suit or sport coat, business look.

Personally speaking, I cannot see or understand why people try to decorate themselves as though their body was a Christmas tree. I would never get a tatoo, body piercing, tongue, nose, navel or other part pierced. I like my body exactly the way the man above gave it to me. That's me.

Would I think less of anyone for not agreeing with me? No. I asked my Son not to do it, and he said, "Don't worry ~ I'm not into that". My wife has pierced ear lobes, for her earings.

T_Dogg8
07-16-04, 02:03 PM
i use to have long hair, and let me tell you, you get treated different if you're a guy with long hair. i use to go to this one bank at least every two weeks and everytime they checked my id. one time i went in when i had my hair combed so you couldn't tell my hair was very long and they never asked for id. but two weeks later i went back with my hair back down and i had to show id again. but i understood what they were doing and quite honestly, it didn't bother me. i CHOOSE what i want to look like. if i dress in an extreme way, i'll expect to be treated different.

caddyshack24
07-16-04, 02:24 PM
lol .. Sandy, your wife is a renegade. Ear rings? http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif
Anyways, since it switched to looks and how you're treated. I went to the bank with my boss, co-worker pulled up and backed into a parking spot.. now, he has long ass hair, rough looking heavy metal type. Nicest guy you'd meet.
So he backed his shiny black GTO into the spot.. lady called the police on him, thought he was going to rob the bank! (hilarious) .. Image is everything pretty much, from that they assume your personality (until you converse).. but piercings are nothing. You have a pentagram on your forehead and start screamin' helter skelter is when i get worried http://cadillacforums.com/forums/images/smilies/evilsmile.gif

I looked for for the tounge rings, didnt find jack.. except a G-unit type thing with a spinning cadillac logo

Fritzi
07-16-04, 02:32 PM
are you serious , i dont want to buy it but do you have a link to it , just wanna see

caddyshack24
07-16-04, 03:35 PM
$9.99 .. i might get one, just for the hell of it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10293&item=4911794274&tc=photo

Sandy
07-16-04, 07:19 PM
lol .. Sandy, your wife is a renegade. Ear rings?

Ha, & I don't EVEN LIKE THEM!! Big circular hoop things, a la Cher Bono. Sometimes I kinda wanna toss little spit balls thru them.

I have a ring you'd like. It's a Cadillac Salesman achievement award ring. Gold Cadillac embem encircled with 28 real diamonds. Diamond Award. I wear that and an initial ring once in a while. The Caddy ring is especially nice.

c5 rv
07-16-04, 08:45 PM
Wow I hope you joking cause thats pretty lame.

Here's reality from one of the most successful places at giving the public what it wants:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/jobs/impressions.cfm

509Rider
07-16-04, 08:50 PM
Here's reality from one of the most successful places at giving the public what it wants:

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/jobs/impressions.cfmI understand your point, but to tell on them is kind of childish, and it does depend on what their job is. What type of buisness did you quite going to?

caddyshack24
07-16-04, 08:56 PM
I'm not taking sides on your debate or anything.. but im curious of your age also. You seem to be an old fashined gentlemen.. maybe 60+

Hope that wasnt disrespectful, didnt mean it that way..

(c5 == corvette. gen. 5 .. rv == motor home) gotta be retired atleast

Stoneage_Caddy
07-16-04, 09:15 PM
or a c5 powered motorhome ...QUEENSIZE BED IN THE 13s!!!!!!!

but i get what hes saying and im only 23 , theres some places i look for periced kids , if im buying music i seek out the people with peircings cuz they are ususly the ones that tell me what i need to know ,preps dont have a clue about the music i need . sounds sterotypical but it works everytime .....

Im not talking tounge peirced only either im talking kids that look like there mommas pincushion had a run in with a boatchain , i dont give a damn if i see a tounge peicrings or a ear pericing , that tells me they arent confromists and have a life , its the ones who are out to prove to everybody they are "diffrent" , there not , they just cant make it thru the airport security like i can .

where i have problems with it is when im in a nice resturant like long john silvers droppin the big bucks on my girl LOL

..on the reals if im out in a big bucks type deal i like to see uniforms and clean cut people .if I had to dress up to be there so they should too , now if they would let me in with my cabby hat, hawiian shirt, shorts, and sandals or after ive spent a day in coveralls working on some 30 year old car then we would be fine

one place where it wasnt accpetable to me was when i was in the military , int he military there are no "indiviuals" or "idenitys" just rank , when people bring in there "idenditys" is where i get angry

c5 rv
07-17-04, 08:20 AM
I'm a management consultant in my late 40s. I have children in their late teens and early 20s that have tattoos, but no piercings. One daughter with a number of tattoos has stated that though she is proud of her art, it has prevented her from getting some jobs.

As for telling management that I won't shop there because their customer-contact staff has piercings, I believe in telling business owners, especially small businesses, why I vote for or against them with my spending. One business was a dry cleaners and they have since closed. Another was a Taco Bell that eventually lost it's franchise due to consumer complaints to corporate and health dept. citations. Small businesses are the backbone of this country, but they are very failure-prone. They need every advantage they can get.

On a humorous note, I once told a manager of a national chain store that I encountered an employee that appeared to be drunk or on drugs. (Having managed hundreds of employees in the past, I've encountered my fair share of this.) The manager's reply was that I shouldn't be judgmental because they hire the retarded (his word, not mine).

With jobs still tight, especially for persons in their late teens and early 20s, persons should give themselves every advantage and minimize their disadvantages in the job market. If you work in a field where having piercings and/or body art would attract more of your target customers, more power to you.

You guys were close with the explanation of my screen name. We're not at the stage of buying an RV yet, so we have a REAL recreational vehicle - a vette.

Fritzi
07-17-04, 10:21 AM
On a humorous note, I once told a manager of a national chain store that I encountered an employee that appeared to be drunk or on drugs. (Having managed hundreds of employees in the past, I've encountered my fair share of this.) The manager's reply was that I shouldn't be judgmental because they hire the retarded (his word, not mine).

that's not at all humorous. That's mean

tru504187211
07-17-04, 11:18 AM
I would never get a tatoo, body piercing, tongue, nose, navel or other part pierced. I like my body exactly the way the man above gave it to me. That's me.

That is exactly what my pastor told me after my mother jokingly told him I was in the market for a tattoo. "Do you know where tattooing originated, Jacob? It was the pagans who did not have an appreciation for their bodies that were made in His image..."

Not that I don't disagree with him, how could I disagree with a pastor, but there are other things began by pagans that are now religioius...so there is my justifying myself getting a tattoo! :)

tru504187211
07-17-04, 11:19 AM
$9.99 .. i might get one, just for the hell of it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10293&item=4911794274&tc=photo

$10?!?!?! It MUST be real Platinum!! :D

Fritzi
07-17-04, 02:52 PM
oh yeah of course :)

1toycad
07-17-04, 08:53 PM
i'd find a new lawyer or surgeon. i know plenty of people who look like that and are great people and i would trust them with something like that (if they were trained) but i also know a lot of people who look like that and i wouldn't trust them to hold a piss bucket for me. appearances have A LOT to do with how this world works. look at all the crap bush has gotten over the years for looking like a 'dumb redneck texan.' in a highly competitive world where you and guy next to you are virtually identical in qualifications, it comes down to the little things when making a decision.

I agree 100%. If you hire a trial lawyer, his (or her) appearance is extremely important. Jurors have all kinds of biases and prejudices, so you want your lawyer to be "look-neutral" so he will not risk offending jurors. You don't want your case messed up because the jurors didn't like the 'tats or the piercings on your lawyer.

I am not sure that I care what my surgeon looks like, just as long as he knows what he is doing. I just don't want him to sound like Jeff Foxworthy :lildevil:

I have 4 teenagers at home. No 'tats--yet. My kids, however, have "explained" to me that piercings are better than 'tats, because you can always remove them and the hole closes up. 'Tats are harder to remove.

The problem with tongue piercings is that the pierced person sometimes has a hard time speaking clearly and they tend to mumble. I had one of my clients remove her tongue piercing before she took the stand. I didn't want the jury to get the wrong idea about a girl who wore a tongue piercing.

Appearances are important--you don't get a second chance to make a good first impression

caddyshack24
07-18-04, 03:48 AM
$10?!?!?! It MUST be real Platinum!! :D
Almost, it has a few impurities.. reason it you can score it cheap.. though it's real classy how the chrome sticks on the plastic :coolgleam