: Diesel CTS Sport Wagon with a 6 spd

chkline
05-18-09, 03:12 PM
Dear GM,

As a potential buyer of the new 2010 CTS Sport Wagon, I would like to suggest a few options.

We currently own a 04 SRX, and a 06 STS. We really enjoy both cars, and will continue to try and purchase Cadillac products.

I really like the styling of the CTS Sport Wagon, and really like the added space and convenience the wagon gives. Having young children this car makes a lot of sense for my young family.

I recently looked at the web page and was disappointed to see just an automatic transmission offered and just the two 3.6L engines. I read long ago that the wagon would most likely be the first Cadillac to get a diesel option here in the US. I also figured the 6 spd manual from the sedan would also be available. Both of these options would appeal to me.

I may be wrong, but I imagine most people that will be interested in a sporty wagon will be coming from European wagons like the Mercedes, BMW's and Audi's. All of these cars are offered with manual transmissions, and many enthusiasts want this feature.

Just my 2 cents as a prospective buyer. Thanks!

inurok
06-20-09, 01:23 PM
Everybody thinks diesel is the new holy grail for the future. yes they have improved but their minimal improvement is gas mileage is not worth the huge premium they charge over their higher HP Gasoline versions.

Wagons never do good here I don't know what Cadillac is thinking.

70eldo
06-25-09, 10:49 AM
more than 50% of the cars in europe are diesel. It is a selling point to get a serious stake of sales in Europe. Meanwhile more and more diesels are being sold in the US as well. Like Audi, VW, Mercedes Benz, BMW...

CTSV_Rob
07-01-09, 05:29 PM
I would be interested in a diesel station wagon. I like the look so if you could get the mileage up a bit it would make one nice DD.

waffleman
07-07-09, 04:38 PM
I too would love to see a good diesel in the CTS or wagon. And wagons do make alot of sense - good efficient space with better MPG. I'm between the BMW's (I love their diesel in the 3 series) and CTS. The drawback of the 3 series diesel is that it's not offered with a stick (apparently they can't figure how to put a stick in a car with so much torque).

70eldo
07-09-09, 04:27 AM
I too would love to see a good diesel in the CTS or wagon. And wagons do make alot of sense - good efficient space with better MPG. I'm between the BMW's (I love their diesel in the 3 series) and CTS. The drawback of the 3 series diesel is that it's not offered with a stick (apparently they can't figure how to put a stick in a car with so much torque).

Maybe not in the US...? Stick is standard here.