: What's so great about bucket seats?

BeelzeBob
06-26-03, 09:55 AM
What's the big difference between the seats in a DeVille Concourse (bucket) or a regular DeVille (bench)? Are they more comfortable? Are they just more sporty? What's the big deal? Why do more people prefer bucket seats?

Blackout
06-26-03, 10:24 AM
I'm guessing its a "sporty" thing but I guess it's just an option that appeals more to what you prefer more then anything.

mnymaker
06-26-03, 10:30 AM
What's the big difference between the seats in a DeVille Concourse (bucket) or a regular DeVille (bench)? Are they more comfortable? Are they just more sporty? What's the big deal? Why do more people prefer bucket seats?

IMO they keep your butt in place when riding. You don't have to go sliding across the seat during a hard cornering manuver. Which equates to more comfortable to me.

BeelzeBob
06-26-03, 11:30 AM
That makes sense.. Do you really move around a lot? I don't remember. It's been years since I've been in bucket seats. In the Vette, you can't move...

Elvis
06-26-03, 11:32 AM
IMO they keep your butt in place when riding. You don't have to go sliding across the seat during a hard cornering manuver. Which equates to more comfortable to me.

Hard cornering maneuvers are uncomfortable to me. Thus, it wouldn't matter whether I had bucket seats or not.

I'm tired of buckets. Haven't owned a car WITHOUT buckets since 1986. I like the bench, which is one of the reasons I want a Caddy as my next car. Not a whole lot of benches out there.

Katshot
06-26-03, 02:22 PM
There's no such thing as bucket seats in a FWD Caddy that offer any real lateral support anyway. They are virtually the same as the split bench without the center section. Matter of fact, I can look it up but I'll bet the right seat is the same on both cars anyway.

BeelzeBob
06-26-03, 03:31 PM
There's no such thing as bucket seats in a FWD Caddy that offer any real lateral support anyway. They are virtually the same as the split bench without the center section. Matter of fact, I can look it up but I'll bet the right seat is the same on both cars anyway.
That's kinda what I was thinking.. I wonder if the seats ARE really any different...

mnymaker
06-26-03, 04:15 PM
With the benchseat, you dont get the center console. So you lose some storage capacity.

elwesso
06-26-03, 04:23 PM
All the cadillac seats are going to be about the same, wether or not their 2 bucket seats, or a 60/40 split!!!!