: Mods

Everlast13
05-17-09, 07:06 PM
Wait4Me,
Looking to start modifying the V, where do you suggest I start?

whisler151
05-17-09, 07:11 PM
W4M intake tube w/cut box, cat back exhaust, headers, tune...if you have a manual that should take you above 500rwhp.

My $0.02

Everlast13
05-17-09, 07:25 PM
Is Corsa the only vender offering a cat back? Been reading the threads don't want something overbearing on the vehicle.

Montag84
05-17-09, 09:41 PM
i'm sure wait4me will chime in, but he's got a full catback system as well. do a search there's some sound clips up too. sky's the limit on the mod'ing, all depends on the budget!

wait4me
05-18-09, 10:13 AM
Yeah, we can set you up with just about anything now. :) The muffler system i have either goes all the way back to the tips and replaces everything. Or you can get the partial kit that will allow you to use the stock mufflers. My full kit will allow this also with 2 little adapter pipes i sell also.

Everlast13
05-18-09, 10:51 AM
I'll probably wait until you finish the new muffler you're working on that I read about in the other thread, your first one sounds great, just a little loud for what I'm looking for. But I like the four inch tips, it looks much better than stock.

Kadonny
05-18-09, 02:09 PM
Is Corsa the only vender offering a cat back? Been reading the threads don't want something overbearing on the vehicle.

Just for reference, the Corsa is not cat back, it's just an axle back.

Hondarrr
05-18-09, 05:30 PM
I see all this mods and all talking about hp but no one has talked about 1/4 mile performance gain, I just don't get it, why all this cars with so much improvement on hp do about the same 1/4 mile time as a stock one does? I have seeing people here that claims 12.0 on a stock V and I have not seeing much better than a high 11's with all the upgrades made here...I just don't get it, my best time on mine stock is 12.33 but I am not willing to spend 2 or 3 K to just go down to 11.9. I wish some one will do a mod and prove the 1/4 gains on it, not just hp...

wait4me
05-18-09, 05:40 PM
Where are you getting the 3k price from? buying every think i sell, tune, exhaust, cold air kit, and upper pulley all comes up to less than $1720. With the pulley your times will drop down more than that for sure. A tune alone and the cold air kit has been shown to knock you down to the 12.0 range. That only costs 320+250=$570. The exhaust adds 18Rwhp to the mix and chops off a .1 second. But makes the car sound more aggressive and frees up the torque.

OKC_CTSV
05-18-09, 06:14 PM
Where are you getting the 3k price from? buying every think i sell, tune, exhaust, cold air kit, and upper pulley all comes up to less than $1720. With the pulley your times will drop down more than that for sure. A tune alone and the cold air kit has been shown to knock you down to the 12.0 range. That only costs 320+250=$570. The exhaust adds 18Rwhp to the mix and chops off a .1 second. But makes the car sound more aggressive and frees up the torque.

Wait4me, I just got my V a week and a half ago and want to do some mods as well. How hard is all of that to install and do you need a new belt for the pulley? I have never put performance parts on a car, I thought about having a local shop do it, but would rather learn myself! Thanks, Chris.

Hondarrr
05-18-09, 06:46 PM
2 or 3 K and even more,,have you seeing all the prices here? the corsa it self is about 1200.00 I was not just talking about your prices alone, I was making a general comment from all the vendors, your prices are the most easy to work with by a long shoot, and we all thank you for it. I did call you once because I had posted here that I wanted to run mid 11's..remember? I do have the drop in k&n but did nothing on performance.

Razorecko
05-18-09, 06:52 PM
Traction is the key word here.

marktanner
05-19-09, 01:08 AM
I agree with the lack of traction being the limiting factor. I nailed it in 3rd doing 60 the other day, and the traction control light flashed the whole way to redline! The car could really use wider rear tires than the 285's, if only there were room. After all, 'Vettes and Porsches have wider tires, with less weight and less power.

Hondarrr
05-19-09, 01:30 AM
Traction is the key word here.

I know I run my car at the track with the traction control on and it's like if It does not work, it peels all first and trips on second as well, my worst 60 ft was 2.3, I get 1.7 on my srt8 jeep, i am looking at a set of tires but so far on our size the best one I found were the F1 at 60 tread wear, but they are about $500 a piece, I used to run hossiers and bf gr drag radials on my grandnational with 0 tread wear, but they don't make our size, our michellin are 220 tread wear, the gtr brings 140 tread wear, I will keep on searching..