: Re:SUNNY Tires

Dadollac1
05-17-09, 12:24 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I purchased Sunny tires for my STS. They are the 18" staggered ones that are 235-50/18 in the front and 255-45/18 in the rear. They were only $411 shipped to my door for the complete set. I will let everyone know in about 6 months how well they are perfoming and if it is worthwhile to own Sunny tires. I know they are cheap tires but after doing some research on them I found them quite acceptable for the price.( they had plenty of good reviews).If they are what I want them to be then I will buy again but if I find them a piece of crap I will definetely let everyone know.I will also give updates as I go along.

Dadollac1

c5 rv
05-17-09, 12:45 PM
I saw those tires at the tire store last week. I laughed at the name. But, Michelin is starting to have some weird names for their tires, too, like Harmony.

Dadollac1
05-17-09, 04:23 PM
I just hope my relation with these tires stays "SUNNY":thumbsup:

c5 rv
05-17-09, 10:24 PM
Look at the "bright" side - you bought tires named after my dog.

rchern
05-18-09, 01:10 AM
What country were they made in?

Dadollac1
05-18-09, 11:36 AM
They are made in China and they also make WANLI tires.

DTS_BOI
05-18-09, 01:07 PM
Many times, larger companies make tires in China and sell them under a different name, even though they are good quality. Michelin, for example makes a chinese tire. I had 4 of them installed on my sports car for the winter and they were the best sports car winter tire I have ever purchased. Stuck like glue in the snow, and even after about 10K HARD miles they show no signs of tread wear. 3 of the tires even still have the paint in the tread like new tires!

Dadollac1
06-02-09, 09:46 AM
Had the Sunny tires on for a little over a week an the tires have been great so far. I did notice that they were a little bit noisey since they produce a slight humm when driving but that doesn't bother me,I will just turn the radidio up a bit but in all they are good but it hasn't rained yet so I will keep everyone in the loop and report after a good rain.Oh by the way the thread design looks killer on the STS. (See www tires-easy.com for more info on Sunny tires).

c5 rv
06-02-09, 01:28 PM
I think these were the brand of tires Roger Rabbit used on his car in Toonville...

Dadollac1
06-02-09, 01:46 PM
Well it's not who killed Roger "Ramjet" Rabbit but "how he died?:confused:( hope it wasn't cheap tires).

dkozloski
06-02-09, 01:49 PM
How many paper bags do you have over your head when you drive around so your friends won't know how cheap you are?

Dadollac1
06-02-09, 01:52 PM
not cheap but smart and frugal and by the way after you spend your small fortune on tires then yes I could buy more...lots more paper bags to put my savings in.

Dougs06sts
06-27-09, 05:08 AM
What do you think of those tires at this point? How many miles do you have on them and have you run them in the rain yet?

Dadollac1
06-28-09, 10:31 PM
so far the Sunny tires are ok. i went on a thousand mile roundtrip this weekend and they performed quite respectfully. i have about 2 thousand miles on them and the only thing i don't like is the constant hum that they make but other than that i like them.:bouncy:

Dougs06sts
06-30-09, 04:38 AM
so far the Sunny tires are ok. i went on a thousand mile roundtrip this weekend and they performed quite respectfully. i have about 2 thousand miles on them and the only thing i don't like is the constant hum that they make but other than that i like them.:bouncy:

How much noise do they make? High pitch or low pitch hum? Just curious. I'll be buying new all season tires by October this year, but I need them to work well in rain and light snow/ice as well. I've been looking at Michilin Pilot Sport AS Plus and Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric, but both those options will cost me $800-$1000 US mounted and balanced. I have Vogue 'Custom Built Radial IX' on my car now. Great summer tire, but handles like crap in the rain, likely useless in snow/ice (I haven't tried that yet).

Dadollac1
06-30-09, 11:03 AM
the tires produce a low pitch, sort of like a bass humm( for lack of a better word) but are extremely good in rain which i have had a lot here in florida this summer.i think it might be the tire tread design which is very aggressive but my thought was try them because for $352 plus shipping you can't go wrong....if you don't like them you didn't lose much.:yup: