: dvd question

djnash
05-16-09, 08:34 PM
1st let me say this is a great place to look for amswers. my 1st question is how do you get rid of the screen icons while watching a movie, they are annoying.
2nd and I know thi one has been beat to death but (05 STS) how do i let the little woman watch movies . i had an after market in my other vehicle and it was easy to set up but after reading all the posts it seems that pressing the note key doesn't work,any ideas? please i know all about watching while driving!
thanks in advance

MacMuse
05-16-09, 09:08 PM
Tap somewhere on the screen that's not showing a button, and the buttons should go away. Same to bring them back, just tap anywhere on the screen.

Unique Distributing
05-17-09, 12:22 AM
In order to disable the safety features you will need to get something called a LOCKPICK installed. I believe you will need to have a mute button on your steering wheel inorder for this to work. I know iin my sts i dont have a mute button so i cant get it. there is thread on here explaining the lockpick

Dadollac1
05-17-09, 08:01 AM
you can get a lockpick for the 05-06 but it will cost you $300 as comppared to the 08 and up lockpick which is $225 but as i write this, there is a tv and go on ebay for $150 whiuch is supposed to be the same.

K STS
05-17-09, 10:02 PM
Uhhh... link?

EChas3
05-17-09, 11:30 PM
See 'Adapt Lockpick to 2006 STS' or to that effect. There's been activity fairly recently..

Dadollac1
05-18-09, 12:17 AM
try this for starters:
http://www.bestradardetectors.net/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=STSLOCKPICK

VineTime
05-18-09, 09:30 PM
I think we all need to spend a few hours to find the secret button and code so we can watch movies while we drive.

silverws6ta
05-18-09, 09:35 PM
I think we all need to spend a few hours to find the secret button and code so we can watch movies while we drive.

Somebody needs to LEAK it ;-) .. I don't want to start plugging away at 000001!

VineTime
05-18-09, 09:55 PM
Has anyone even found the secret button yet? I know the one for the diagnostics mode was found.

EChas3
05-18-09, 10:53 PM
Has anyone even found the secret button yet? I know the one for the diagnostics mode was found.

Don't hold your breath for a code... That idea's years old. Many have tried. There probably isn't one.

The lockpick works great. The one's modified with a switch are even easier to use than the 'Mute Button' style.

If you want this functionality, buy one!

K STS
05-18-09, 11:04 PM
Ill be buying a lockpick with switch shortly.

Unique Distributing
05-19-09, 03:09 AM
let meknow when u buy it and where u got it from and if it works good i m intrested in getting one too with a switch

djnash
05-19-09, 11:39 AM
guys thanks for the great info. i did a little more RTFM and found the screen tap to get rid of the buttons. but i kbow there has to be a techie out there somewhere who has hacked this. will look into the lockpick idea.
thanks

ifmracin
05-19-09, 03:19 PM
I have the lockpick with the switch on my '05.
Works like a charm, plug and play.

tnicolaou
05-30-09, 03:51 AM
There is no "secret" button that unlocks everything. I've spoken to an engineer that designed the V6 engines for the STS and he said the only way to watch movies while driving is with the lockpick (which by the way, the 2008-09 lockpicks work with all models 05 and up. it works for me just fine) or with a special nav dvd that unlocks all features for you. But he said that GM won't even give him access to that DVD, so good luck getting your hands on that.

EChas3
05-30-09, 02:23 PM
There is no "secret" button that unlocks everything. I've spoken to an engineer that designed the V6 engines for the STS and he said the only way to watch movies while driving is with the lockpick (which by the way, the 2008-09 lockpicks work with all models 05 and up. it works for me just fine) or with a special nav dvd that unlocks all features for you. But he said that GM won't even give him access to that DVD, so good luck getting your hands on that.

:tisk: Not true!

2005 & 2006 models also sense GPS inputs and require special modifications. 2007 models without a steering wheel mute button also require modified Lockpicks. Maybe the DVD functions are unlocked on 2005 & 2006, but if you want Aux Input, Phone & Nav unlocked, the standard Lockpick needs work.

I have a 2006 and my wife has a 2007. I can confirm that tomm is the expert. If you're handy and want to work it all out for yourself, the information is on this forum. Go for it.

IMHO, get your lockpick through his company, link above.

:thumbsup: