: 68 Deville Front window fogging

68deville&99escalade
07-14-04, 02:36 PM
Ive noticed that lately wen I park my car the window will fog up with all the windows down to. And you can also see if your sitting in it or driving, you can see steam coming out of the dash & fogging it up. When I turn on the defrost it gets 10X worse and then takes forever to go down. Even to wipe it takes a long time with a piece of kleenex. U got to wipe over the same spot like 6X.

Anyone know what this is?

lux hauler
07-14-04, 03:18 PM
leaking heater core would be my guess.

tripleyellow78cad
07-14-04, 06:15 PM
Ive noticed that lately wen I park my car the window will fog up with all the windows down to. And you can also see if your sitting in it or driving, you can see steam coming out of the dash & fogging it up. When I turn on the defrost it gets 10X worse and then takes forever to go down. Even to wipe it takes a long time with a piece of kleenex. U got to wipe over the same spot like 6X.

Anyone know what this is?
Your heater core must have started leaking , i had the same problem in my 78 coupe :brutal:

68deville&99escalade
07-14-04, 07:45 PM
What should I do then? Just bypass it? I only drive the car in the summer. So heat isnt important to me. Will this fix the problem.

TheCanadianWannabe
07-14-04, 11:33 PM
I was experiencing fogging too and had to bypass the heater core on my '68 Deville because it was leaking like crazy from 2 different spots. I know I'll need to fix it sometime and I was thinking about patching the leaks with some kind of epoxy compound. Any suggestions or should I start looking for a new heater core? Are they fixable/rebuildable? :suspect:

lux hauler
07-14-04, 11:55 PM
there should be no problem by-passing it.

i'm not sure how hard the core is to get to in your car but the ones that i've done were a PITA. i wouldn't worry about trying to fix one....just get a new one. to me, it wouldn't be worth the trouble.