: California State Spelling Bee...

Spyder
05-16-09, 12:31 AM
My 12 year old niece is in it tomorrow morning. Wish her luck. She won her county contest a few weeks ago and the statewide finals are tomorrow. I'm getting up at 3 in the morning to go drive my ass down to Sonoma State to see if we can't get a celebrity in the family!

:cool2:

Jesda
05-16-09, 02:45 AM
Man, I used to kick ass at spelling bees. Huge props!

dkozloski
05-16-09, 11:52 AM
Man, I used to kick ass at spelling bees. Huge props!
I mostly spelled words. You must be more athletic.

orconn
05-16-09, 03:57 PM
I mostly spelled words. You must be more athletic.

Now you've caught my curiosity, since you mostly "spelled words" in a spelling bee, what did you do the rest of the time that would qualify as an activity?

As for Jesda's "kickass" performance, we have come to expect this type of "take no prisoners" competition in spelling bees from our newly arrived Asian citizens! The L.A. County competitions are a case in point.

dkozloski
05-16-09, 04:37 PM
Now you've caught my curiosity, since you mostly "spelled words" in a spelling bee, what did you do the rest of the time that would qualify as an activity?

I stood around pulling my shorts out of the crack of my ass waiting for my turn to spell the next word.

dkozloski
05-16-09, 04:40 PM
What's way more fun is a "Big Swear" where the contestants have to to use a new word when it comes their turn. As soon as you repeat somebody else's word you're out.

gillianwhittaker@xtr
05-16-09, 10:19 PM
Maybe you could bring her here,to site .

Some/sum posts here/hear , I have difficulty in reading due/dew to the spelling and punctuation --or lack of/off. Abizzmal :D

Spyder
05-18-09, 02:35 AM
Eh, that's just 'cause you're from Australia! *grin*

orconn
05-18-09, 09:31 AM
Eh, that's just 'cause you're from Australia! *grin*

The OP is from New Zealand, a sovereign state in the South Pacific. His suggestion of your niece's help with spelling and English grammar had some merit!

RightTurn
05-18-09, 11:22 AM
I doubt that "he" is named Gillian. :coffee:

Spyder
05-18-09, 11:23 AM
Um. Ok. I understand that New Zealand is a soverign state in the South Pacific. I also understand that many many many Kiwi's get all pissy when you say they're an aussie.

It was funny.

Destroyer
05-18-09, 09:25 PM
Man, I used to kick ass at spelling bees. Huge props!Ya mee to. I cud spull anytin'. I alwaayz kiked but in spuling beez.:sneaky: